Libra.
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I blinked, taken aback. What did she say? Did I hear her wrong?

Libra blushed furiously, hiding her face behind her book. "Erm...I-I mean," she stuttered, "you're pretty smart, so I thought maybe I could learn something from you. And we're from different classes, so it will be hard to meet again or something. Umm...th-the point is, please think about it."

This was awkward. Despite her best efforts to hide her face from me, I could see her ears peeking out from behind the book, red as a tomato. I wasn't sure how to respond.

Finally, I let out a long sigh. "Okay," I said. "I'll think about it."

As the bell rang, marking the end of the break, Luna finished submitting her membership application form. We walked out of the room and headed back to our class.

"In the end, you didn't join," Luna said, sounding disappointed.

"Oh shut it, I only agreed to accompany you," I said.

Luna giggled. "I meant accompany me to join, silly."

I gave her a glare.

"Okay, okay, I get it," she said. "I'm sorry. Please don't look at me like that."

I sighed, and we continued walking.

"So, what were you talking about with the purple-haired girl earlier?" Luna asked, trying to change the subject.

"Nothing," I replied.

"Come on, tell me," Luna insisted.

I'm not sure if I should tell her, but this is really bothering me. Maybe she'll have an answer.

"In your opinion," I asked Luna, "is it possible to love someone you just met?"

"Of course it's possible!" Luna said. "Isn't that what people call love at first sight?"

"Well, I guess so," I said, still unsure.

But the thing is, at first Libra didn't seem interested in me. Is it because I can solve the test? So, is she more interested in my skill then? But doesn't that mean she respects me more than she likes me? I don't know.

Luna looked at me with a worried expression but seemed hesitant to continue discussing the topic.

We didn't say anything more until we arrived at our class.

***

After school, Luna and I walked home together as usual, but something seemed off about her. She was silent and lost in thought the entire time.

"Something wrong?" I asked, couldn't bear the silence any longer. 

She looked at me briefly before quickly averting her gaze. 

"Nothing," she said. "It's just..." 

"Yeah?" 

"About that purple girl..." Luna continued. 

"You mean Libra?" I asked.

"Oh, so you already know her name," Luna said, sounding disappointed. "I get it. So that's how it is then."

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked, confused.

Luna looked away from me. "Nothing," she said.

"What do you mean?" I insisted.

"I said it's nothing," she said, still avoiding looking at me. 

"Hey, look at me when you talk--"

Before I could finish my sentence, I noticed a single tear rolling down Luna's cheek. She began to cry.

"Why...?" I managed to say, barely getting the words out.

"Huh? Why am I crying?" Luna said, as if she had just noticed. She quickly wiped her tears and forced an awkward laugh. "Sorry, I'm showing you something weird."

"Are you hurt?" I asked, concerned. "Or is something bothering you?"

Luna shook her head. "I'm fine," she said. "Anyway, I have something to do today. See you tomorrow!"

"Hey--" I started to say, but Luna didn't listen and just ran off.

I stood there, stunned and confused, wondering what had just happened.

"What's that all about?" I murmured to myself.

Later, I tried to call her but she didn't pick up. Then, I tried to message her. At first, she only left me on read, but after I insisted on sending more messages, she finally replied. However, she only said that she was okay and didn't explain anything.

I stared at my phone with frustration. I don't understand girls at all.

The next day, Luna arrived later than usual. I only had a chance to greet her before class started, and when I tried to talk to her during the lesson, she ignored me. It was starting to annoy me.

When the lesson ended and the break started, most of my classmates began to leave the room, but Luna and I remained inside.

"Hey, Luna," I said, trying to start a conversation. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Luna replied.

"Really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Really," she said.

I stared at her in disbelief. Was she really not going to explain anything? Even after crying in front of me like that? This was even more annoying than when she talked too much.

"Are you not going to the detective club?" I asked, trying to change the subject. "You're already a member now, right?"

"I don't feel like it," Luna replied.

"But yesterday you were really excited about it," I pointed out.

"I just don't feel like it, okay?" Luna said, raising her voice.

"Why are you getting angry?" I asked, feeling confused. "I was just asking."

"Sorry," Luna apologized avoiding my gaze.

I scratched my head. 

"Is this all because I didn't become a member?" I asked. "Fine, if that's what you want, I'll join--"

"No!" Luna cut me off, getting close to me and looking at me with pleading eyes. "No, I don't want that."

"What? Why?" I asked, feeling more confused than ever.

"I was wrong," Luna said. "Don't do it, okay?"

I looked at her with disbelief. Yesterday she was so eager to make me join, but now she was so opposed to the idea.

I don't understand her at all. 

"Geo, please don't do it, okay? Please," Luna pleaded.

"Fine," I said. "I didn't really want to join anyway. But what is this all about? You've been acting weird for a while now."

"It's nothing," Luna replied.

"It's obviously not nothing!" I said, feeling frustrated. "Just tell me already."

Luna sighed. She mumbled something, her cheeks turning slightly red.

"What?" I asked, her voice was so quiet that I couldn't hear her at all.

"I said I'm jealous, okay?" Luna blurted out, her face getting even redder.

I blinked, still confused. "Jealous of what...?" I asked.

"Forget it, you dummy!" Luna pouted. "It's nothing. I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"Hey--" I started to say, but was interrupted by Luna's phone ringing, grabbing our attention. 

POPIPOPIPOPOPIPO! 

Luna picked it up, as usual, with her earphones on.

"Hello, brother?" Luna said. "What is it? Huh? Where am I? At school, of course. Why are you asking me that? Are you doubting me? I didn't skip class or something like that, you know?"

I looked at Luna, trying to piece together their conversation from the one-sided talk Luna was having. She was obviously talking with her brother, Atlas. But the context was still too vague.

"Yes, Geo was with me," Luna said, briefly looking at me. "Where is my class? Why do you want to know that? Fine, geez, it's on the second floor at the end of the corridor. So what is this all about?"

But instead of explaining, it seemed like Atlas just hung up. Luna stared at her phone in disbelief.

"Stupid brother," she murmured.

Not long after, I heard the sound of someone running from the corridor. The sound slowly got closer and closer to our classroom until it stopped abruptly at the door. A police man with a beard was standing there. It was Atlas who looked out of breath.

"Brother!" Luna exclaimed in surprise as she saw him. "What are you doing here?"

"I don't have time to explain," Atlas said, glancing at Luna and then at me. "You two, grab your bags and follow me."

"Why?" Luna asked.

"Just follow me," Atlas replied, his breathing starting to slow down. "I'll explain on the way."

Reluctantly, Luna started packing her books into her bag, and I did the same. As we walked out of the classroom, students from both our class and other classes stared at us, some murmuring to each other.

We walked down the school corridor for a while, and when we reached the stairs, there weren't many people around. I thought it was safe to ask now.

"So, can you explain what happened now?" I asked as we descended the stairs.

"You still remember Mars, right?" Atlas asked back.

"Of course," I said.

There's no way I could forget about that bald serial killer, not this soon at least. Not to mention, for better or worse, he was basically the trigger of all that happened in the first place.

We reached the first floor and then Luna asked, "So what's up with Mars? Is there something wrong with him?"

Atlas nodded. "I just received a report," he said. "Mars has escaped from prison." 

Luna gasped. "That's bad, isn't it?"

"Yeah," Atlas said, turning to me. "And the worst part is that he's most likely targeting Geo now."

I blinked. "Me?"

***

0