Chapter 33
2.7k 13 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And so the month passes like that, her schedule not changing much apart from being around Tony a bit more, as he sometimes falls into odd silences where he seems pensive but going on by the feelings he gives out, it's not something that innocent.

She convinces him to go out more frequently so he won't be so cooped up in his lab. And he does so, not only by going out of the country for work-related events but just for fun, too. He may misinterpret her motives, thinking they're dates, so she wore transformed into her ferret form to avoid any confusion.

Going out and having fun doesn't mean that he's not trying to come out with a solution for his palladium problem, though. Despite the obstacles, he keeps trying, refusing to accept defeat. He wants to live, true, but is realistic enough to prepare for the worse and so comes the Wills and the plans he doesn't even let her know about.

She worries about his mental health, and so she knows those little trips are necessary for his peace of mind.

So they go to India because Tony wants to watch the race between one of his exes, Abby Rose, and a famous world-class driver, Aiden Julius. Eva accepts to accompany him. What she doesn't accept is him planning to follow the race with his suit on, as in, flying alongside the cars. She tries to convince him to go floating next to her, with her holding him in place as they follow the race, but he disagrees.

When asked why, he tells her he's uncomfortable with high heights. "You fly using the Iron Man suit, though?"

"That's different. I know how that works and I know its quality first hand." At her squinted eyes, he continues, "You could get distracted and let me fall without knowing."

She cocks her head and raises her eyebrow in disbelief. "I'm not that clumsy. Also, I can catch you if it does happen."

"Sorry, but I pass. I promise to not do anything risky, though."

She threw her hands out, a huff of frustration accompanying the motion. "Fine, but if you so much as use anything but the flight function, we're going to go to a museum."

He cringes. "Do we have to?"

"Why so worried? You said you won't do anything dangerous."

With a grumble, he accepts.

However, what none of them knew about was the diamond mine that was near where the race happened to cross by. Some people from the Ten Rings were prepared for Iron Man to appear as they had Diamond Tipped-bullets to pierce his armor.

Tony gets shot by one of those and after hearing his cry of pain, she stops the other bullets from making contact with him.

When the men realized someone's stopping the bullets, they take out a cannon. Luckily, she has already put the Bluetooth device on her ear so she could hear him curse, before informing her that the cannon was an Electro-Magnetic Pulse.

She stopped them in time, flinging them away from the cannon, both Tony and the mercenaries. Afterward, it was easy to hold them down while waiting for the authorities to deal with them.

And that's how the world found out her Mew form is friends with Tony.

On the bright side, she'll be able to pull Tony to a visit to the museum.

.

Tony's face contorts into a grimace when he is told they're going to a Museum. She yearns to wander the halls of the Louvre, but she must wait patiently for at least two months before she can do so. Getting to that famous place requires a booking far in advance. Tony can usually get in without a problem due to his fame, but she relishes the thought of entering without a trail of reporters behind her. Tony may be accustomed to it, but she isn't and doesn't want to become accustomed to it, unless it is absolutely necessary.

So yeah, it takes almost a month for their trip to another museum to be scheduled and it happens mostly because the business partner Tony needs to meet owns a museum, which has some new paintings. Intrigued by the prospect of exploring Germany, she accepts. And it's fun! Tony has a meeting later in the afternoon, so they have to make the most of the morning and half of the afternoon to explore the museum and its surroundings.

Tony grumbles and complains, but she can see the twinkle in his eye that reveals he's actually enjoying himself. Most likely because he put the condition of her being in her human form for it, which she already planned to do as, while others now knew of his connection with her Mew form, it would be too high-profile.

So human it is.

He and she have a wonderful time, but when the sun begins to dip below the horizon, Tony decides against taking her to the hotel as it's too late for that. They go to the meeting instead.

There's traffic though. Some cops are stopping some cars, searching for something. They are stopped mid-way, too. When Tony asks about it, after the police let them go after realizing they're talking to the real Tony Stark, they tell him some robbers used a red car to take over a hundred million dollars worth of art from the Maltese Museum. The same museum they were at a couple of hours ago.

Tony and Eva silently communicate before Eva utters, "What do you think?"

Tony requests Jarvis to look for the car, instead of giving an answer. He then turns to her, "Ready to have some fun?"

"Don't you have a meeting?" She carried on, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "You didn't even bring the suit with you, now did you?"

"True, but I've got my gloves ready to be used in an instant."

He puts on a thick glove that unwraps around Tony's arm and part of his chest, making him appear like a cyborg.

She snorts, prepared to make a comparison between himself and a small Alchemist, but in the end, she keeps it to herself, knowing he will not get it.

She gazes at it approvingly and says, "It looks good." It doesn't offer the same protection as the suit, but if it's only for attack purposes, it's okay.

Tony's about to say something, judging by his smirk, but Jarvis thankfully cuts him off, announcing the robbers are at 15 minutes away. Distracted, Tony grins at hearing that. "It's nearby! Let's go, then."

She braces herself, grabbing the door handle firmly as the car picks up speed, the wind whistling past her ears. "The meeting, Tony!"

"Eh. We're going to be late, anyway. Best to have a good reason for it."

And with those words, they set to pursue the robbers.

It's an easy fight, if it can be called that, at all. They surrender as soon as they see Tony with only a glowing glove. She almost rolls her eyes.

The only positive besides returning the paintings is that they were part of the collection of the guy who Tony had a meeting with, making the meeting go even more smoothly, from what Tony says to her.

.

.

Reviews fill my soul with motivation :D

Also if you wanna read up to 8 chapters ahead, go to my p-a-treon/JorieDS

117