[S.P.I.S]
63 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The United Kingdom, England, London. A Secret location in the Borough of Tower Hamlets, Whitechapel.

An unknown society not known to many found its main headquarters in this major metropolis. Unlike what most would expect; there was nothing extremely sophisticated about the headquarters of an entity whose primary job was to manage, retrains and identify paranormal activity around the globe.

It was just the middle of a white world. Like the clearest sheet of paper without the slightest blemish. To be in it professed a sense of either emptiness or pacifism, depending on the mental state of the subject.

In this white world, a door opened. From the other side of it, there was what resembled an office from which an individual walked into it. His clothes were completely black. A tuxedo, loafers and a tie, completely black... like the single blemish that existed in this immaculate world. 

This man had a lantern that he switched off upon entering the white room. He bowed deeply towards the nothingness as if there was anyone in there. But in fact, there was.

"Speak, Vanquisher... why do you seek an audience?" A feminine voice, not young but instead mature, spoke to him like an echo of infinity.

"My lady... this is Number:552 and I come with information regarding Codename:The Dealer"

He didn't dare raise his head forward as if refusing to look at whatever was in this room, regarding him. There was a brief silence before he got a response.

"Codename:The Dealer... I remember now. Signature of Hell, Satan. Where did this information hail from, Vanquisher?"

This deity mentioned that name as casually as mentioning an acquaintance, a feat that only existences like her dared to do.

"The events transcurred In Kyoto, Japan. The Dealer had made contact with Codename: Nurarihyon... it was all filmed by number:776 before perishing at the hands of The Dealer. I shall present the recording now".

The man in black moved his fingers as if interacting with something and it was then that a big screen appeared beside him. On this screen, something started to reproduce, footage.

"HAAA!!"

Screams of despair, torrential rain and grey clouds barely managed to cover the brilliance of a blood moon. Those were the main elements visible from the perspective of the individual that seemed to be laying down as a shadow loomed ever so slightly in the periphery.

"Enough hands involved. We don't need one of Gabriel's pets in here".

It was such a deep and demonic voice, like a monster straight from hell that could stand anyone's hair on an end. It comes from a mere shadow instead of a silhouette only made it more terrifying.

The next moment, a slice resonated and blood poured in torrents with the last sight of the visual being that of a humongous shadow with two blood-red eyes.

"Where is the Horncrow, Legi-"

...

The transmission cut off abruptly, "Due to the death of Number:776, we couldn't record what exactly were those two mentioning, my lady... we hope that you would be able to shine some light for us on this subject".

"Satan and also, Legion... the signatures are starting to make their move during this era and I'm not yet healed, what a problem".

From the white emptiness... several forms began materialising in the form of dark silhouettes in a circle around the man in black. They didn't have humanoid shapes, much less a silhouette that allowed anyone to deduce what sort of existence they were.

"A matter regarding The Dealer is a matter that should be addressed by the whole higher council, my lady" One of those individuals said towards the white nothingness. This one belonged to the higher numbers.

"I respect your notion, Number:11".

*cough!*

"Legion was present embodying one of his main bodies, Tengu... while The Dealer is merely present as a shadow... the information we got is that there was a trace of the Horncrow leading to Japan. Apparently, this relic fell into Legion's hands and The Dealer was trying to get his hands on it. We just have one question, my lady... what exactly is this Horncrow and why is it so valuable?".

"This is a classified question, your rank is not high enough to know this answer, vanquisher".

"My lady with all due respect we're facing Rank Nineteen, The Dealer. The more vanquishers we send, the more perish for the sake of this Horncrow. I believe it is our right to know what this thing is" The man in black insisted seemingly holding a position of authority, this man had to at least give a proper explanation to his men as to why they were being sent to their deaths.

"... what is your opinion, counsellors?" The mysterious lady instead addressed those in the circle.

"Aish... we believe sensitive information regarding Rank One shouldn't be disclosed under any circumstances. The risk is greater than the prize. My lady... Number:552" this time it wasn't the previous person that spoke but instead, this one sounded like a young man, very young and seemed annoyed to be present in this discussion.

"Yes" being addressed by one of the higher ones, the man turned around to face him, or her...

"Any update on The Dealer in the last decade? I have been sleeping".

"The Dealer has decreased in danger rank from number sixteen to number nineteen during the last decade due to resurfacing of two powerful demons in Limbo. His last known location was In Russia five years ago involved in the incident pertaining to Max Mayers the Chairman of American Billionaire Tech Titan, Archonte".

"Reasons for his involvement? how many agents perished during this operation?"

"The Dealer needs no reasons, naturally... someone must have paid a price to get the job done. As for the number of agents that perished intending to trace his whereabouts, twenty".

"From rank five to rank nineteen in three decades. Has he lost his powers as the Signature of Hell?" The Lady sounded sort of disappointed.

"His authority could have been stolen by another deity. So far he slitters around like a filthy snake, making deals here and there for souls of low value. I was awake during this incident and involved myself in the pursuit... he was so weak that even I managed to overpower him~" One of the numbers spoke, a single digit, this one was Number:05 and he had a rather playful tone totally unrelated to the ominous aura he was giving off.

"Never underestimate him... if he is this weak, that's also within his plans. I don't have time to remain in this audience for so long so let us reach a conclusion. Send a group of agents to Japan to recover traces of the Horncrow, forget about facing Satan... retrieving the Horncrow is our highest priority!"

With her orders given, there was no departure or farewells... just, her voice vanished as if it had never been there.

"You heard her, 552. Major resources shall be available for your unit during this operation. We wish you the best if contact with the Dealer is made; Number:05 you shall be on stand-by" The sagely Number:11 spoke to the childish Number:05.

"Understood, boss~!"

"..."

A lot of sighs were heard in the white room that day until all the silhouettes disappeared, leaving this world once again white with only the black man standing in the same spot he had been in prior.

He walked back and placed his hand on the nothingness, pulling up a door on which on the other side there was an unknown beach. Stepping out of the door, it closed and allowed the man to see with a broad view one of the most beautiful beaches in Hawaii.

"The Dealer, Legion, gates of Limbo and now shadows in Manhattan. I need some holidays... Secret Paranormal International Scheme; I can only curse at the bastard that made me apply to this job... with the name 'Jack The Ripper' being thrown back and forth I should have known what awaited"

He lighted up a cigarette and complained about the nothingness.

"Fighting the dang devil, fighting the dang demons, the dang evil spirits, exorcising ghosts... should have settled for a bloody office. Well, that job wouldn't have allowed me to come to the beach like this, so there is that".

*RING!*

His phone rang much to his chagrin.

"Can't even smoke in peace. What is it, Josh? don't use the international line so casually- w-what? She stepped on the Frozen Castle in Limbo?! I'll be there..."

With the greatest of annoyances, he threw the cigarette which he had barely managed to whiff once before another gate appeared in front of him. This time he took the lantern and switched it on before opening the gate. On the other side, there was what resembled a gigantic desert with light green skies and sky-blue auroras... several moons, several suns... all of them colluding together in a world that looked barren.

"I hate Limbo..." Number 552 grits his teeth and closed the door behind him, leaving an empty beach and a lit-up cigarette.

1