Childhood II
30 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'It sounds too surreal but it makes sense. She was an illegal immigrant, ten years ago your father didn't have the influence he had when he died. It was a huge risk your parents undertook. For her to be a boy instead of a girl, I guess she means her opportunities for labour and her own experience'.

Andrew tried to picture the scenario, recalling all of his interactions with his big brother Brandon, the memories were so fussy, 'Ever since my parents died, I sort of blocked all of those memories... I never wanted to look back'.

"I spent a lot of time with you... but I wanted to repay them somehow. The measly money I was making was only enough for me to live in New York, I was learning English too... I knew nothing... other than being violent I knew nothing".

"Back then I only had you... so I proposed to protect you, when I received my papers, finally with the name of Beatrice Parker a US citizen. I told them I wanted to have a career in the military, and the two of them knew how good I was fighting and my character so, they supported it. Not only would I do something with my life but I would also become strong enough to protect you... I reluctantly left you with the intent of coming back stronger, perhaps by then you'd be your father's apprentice with one step already in Archonte's board. I was in the military for four years until I received the news... they died in that aeroplane accident, I was devastated, but I knew-".

Beatrice couldn't continue, she saw that he was shivering, hugging his knees so hard.

"Andrew-"

"Continue... please, continue with your story, I want to know everything".

Her hand that was about to touch him again twitched before she retracted it.

"I returned that day and saw you crying at the funeral... I wanted to hug you but that was when Christian approached me. He told me that you were the heir of Archonte and that once you turned eighteen, your life would never be the same... there was no way against this. I told him he could take Archonte for himself if he wanted, I didn't want you to go through that pressure at such a young age, but he rejected it. He said it was Mr Max's will that you inherited that company... and he would go through it with you to the very end, your aunt didn't look as happy though, I can tell she wanted Archonte to belong to them instead, she saw you as a snooty brat that was not prepared for that much power and wealth"

Beatrice didn't cut her tongue short, she knew how things were and stated them exactly as they were.

"I know... she's never happy with anything I do" Andrew confirmed, scratching his head and swiftly casting aside the topic of his annoying aunt.

"Christian told me that he wished for you to have a normal life at least until you were sixteen, the last two years would be enough to prepare you. You were clever beyond your age so there should be no problem. Then I proposed to take care of you, from the shadows... you're his son, there is no way after the news of you becoming the heir spread, that you'd have an easy life, so that's what I did. Then you said you wanted to have a job which the two of us found rather amusing but nonetheless, he purchased that company and transformed it into McRonards, just for you and me, just so you could work as you wanted, making the extra money you wanted, in a safe environment".

"He's silly"

Andrew laughed warmly, feeling amused that his uncle would go to such lengths, it made him reconsider the perspective he had so far of his family, thinking everyone was cold and he was by himself, 'It turns out... they were looking after me, I was never alone'.

"Mr Christian loves you quite a bit, Andrew. It just, well... you know how that life is, always busy".

"I know... have you been taking care of me all this time?"

"I have... in fact, I-I live two floors down, below Lady Maya's apartment. When you drop me at the station I just walk to the next wagon and watch out for any threats from there, it also gives me the chance to see if there is anyone looking for a chance to mess around".

!!!

'T-This woman...'

'How could she live here all this time and I never noticed?!'.

Seeing his reaction, Beatrice snickered proudly and leaned down, closer to him.

"I know all of your movements, all the places you go, all the people you interact with... if I don't want you to catch a glimpse of me at any time, that's easy to accomplish~".

"You're worse than a stalker!" He complained, having had plenty of those, this time the case was even eerier.

'Yeah! way worse! she's a justified one!' Sophia affirmed. Beatrice was his stalker and he couldn't do anything about it because she was doing it for his 'security'.

Veins popped up in the woman's forehead as she executed her merciless retaliation, with Andrew pinned down beneath her, he was at her mercy.

"Let's see if you can remain bold, I even know..." Her words drifted and she started unbuttoning Andrew's shirt, much to the boy's apprehension and shame.

"Huh? w-what are you-!?"

"I know all the places that tickle you!" Having discarded his shirt, the massacre began.

!!!

"HAHAHAHA STOP!!!"

"Here! Here!"

He couldn't do anything. Waist, armpit, even the back of his head, a place not so common, she knew.

"HAHAHAHA!! R-REALLY! STOP!! HAHAHA! SOPHIA HELP!!"

With no other choice other than to rely on the ghost, Andrew gave up and screamed for help, something that once again confused Beatrice, 'why does it always sound as if he's speaking to someone else?'

The answer was simple and she'd know soon. Because there was someone else in the room.

*SLAP!*

!!!

Beatrice palled and stopped her movements immediately, holding her itching butt and standing up from Andrew's body, "W-What?! who!?"

She could swear to god that someone slapped her butt just now, hard... and it couldn't possibly have been Andrew, all of his arms were in display all the time.

Taking advantage of her confusion, a growling Andrew jumped on her and pinned her on the sofa, much the same position he had been in, she struggled and at some point, looked like she was able to easily subvert the situation, but eventually sighed and stopped, allowing him to do what he wanted.

Andrew snickered victoriously to see the young lady from above, just as gorgeous as she was from beneath.

"I told you to stop".

"I didn't want to..."

Andrew's hand slithered inside her shirt, but then he realised quickly enough this was not big brother Brandon. This was the blushing Beatrice who despite her bloom, didn't say anything as his hand touched her skin.

The positions had switched, now Andrew was on top of a panting Beatrice.

"T-Tell me... who is this Sophia you keep mentioning".

"So you don't have any younger brother" Andrew brazenly evaded the question to ask one of his own, pinching her here and there, wondering what her tickle spots were.

"You..."

"What about the mother you mentioned to me?"

"That was my way of portraying Lady Alexandra... she was like a mother to me".

"..."

"I'm sorry for lying to you... I was going to reveal myself eventually but you found out".

"..."

Instead of moving his hand onwards, further up, he stopped and grimaced, in the end, she had lied, concealed the truth for a few long years, 'Even then, I don't feel upset... she did it for my sake'.

"Andrew I love you".

!!!

He gasped immediately and so did Sophia, a confession!?

Nevertheless, Beatrice bit her lips and looked away.

"You're my precious family".

"..." Andrew sighed, 'So that's what she meant'.

0