Inermission 1. Remembered
109 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I'm still working on Book 2 when I have spare time. But I wanted to get some small things setup between the two, so I have a few intermission chapters i'll be posting. They wont be as long as the normal chapters but will hopefully tie together some things for later.

Something was definitely wrong, Tony thought as he stared through his best friends window, the now empty house had a for sale sign on it. He knew that Titania had a falling out with her parents. Maybe they could explain why Titania had been forgotten by everyone but himself. He knew she had transferred to a school in the bigger nearby city but he had hoped she still lived here. Normally he would have asked Mira but she had been gone for nearly a month now, and everyone forgot about her too. It was as if the pair had never existed. 

He had no choice but to go to her parents house and hope they remembered their daughter. All manner of theories had been running through his head after he discovered people's memories had been wiped. Everything from Titania being discovered by some suite wearing bureau that could manipulate memories, to legit demons. 

The walk to Mira's house didn't take long, though as he got closer his trepidation rose. He knew magic was real, what if her parents were replaced by some kind of shapeshifter? His heart hammered in his chest as he knocked on their front door. 

"Coming," called Mira's mother from inside the house. Tony fidgeted with his hands as he waited. Thankfully for her nerves he didnt have to wait long before the door opened inwards.

"Hello," he said nervously.

"Hi? How can I help you?" she asked, her tone indicating unfamiliarity.

"You forgot too," he sighed before continuing. "Sorry to bother you I got the wrong house, have a good day," he said sadly before turning to leave.

"Tony wait," she exclaimed. "You remember?"

"Mira?" he asked, her head nodding in reply. "Yea but everyone else at school forgot her for some reason."

"Honey who's at the door?" a man asked from deeper inside.

"It's Mira's friend Tony," she replied before turning to face tony. "I think you better come in," she added opening the door for him.

*****

"So you're saying that after defeating a death cult who kidnapped Titania, with the help of people from another world, the two of them used a spell that made the whole world forget about them?" Tony asked incredulously. 

"Everyone but the people they wanted to remember them.."

"Well I'm glad I was included in that, but I wish they would have at least told me beforehand," he grumbled.

"They had a lot on their minds," Mira's dad added.

"How about I give them your number?" she offered.

"How?"

"Apparently one of their other world friends managed to make them work there." 

"Sure then," he said, reading her his phone number. "they should have had it already."

"The spell got rid of everything related to them, they technically don't exist anymore. So they had to get new phones under our and Sarah's names." 

Tony was startled as his phone buzzed immediately.

"OMG. I'm so sorry. We completely forgot to give you our new numbers. Tia says she's sorry too," Mira texted.

"That was her," he said as he typed up a reply.

"Yea she told me she texted. I'm actually happy you showed up when you did."

"What do you mean?"

"Well…" she began looking at Hal who nodded. "My husband and I are moving in a few days."

"Oh… where are you going?"

"We've decided to move up to San Frankyo, Titania's sister moved up there just last week. And we know when the girls come back to earth they will probably live there too."

"So I'll be here all alone then?"

"Actually…" she hesitated looking at her husband again who shrugged.

"If that's what you want," he said.

"If you want we'd be willing to give you a place to stay when you turn eighteen if you wanted to move up there too."

"I'll have to think about it," he replied.

"Please do, I'll send you a text so that you have my number," she smiled.

"Thanks," he smiled, though his heart wasn't fully in it. "I should go now."

"Of course," she replied. "Please think about our offer."

"I will."

His phone buzzed again but he decided to ignore it, he needed to think. His phone buzzed a few more times as he aimlessly walked. Before he realized it he had walked to the park the three of them used to play in as kids. He sat on the swings as his mind wandered.

"You look like someone who just received some bad news," a girl said, causing him to look up. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your thoughts." She smiled at him, she was stunningly beautiful, and clearly not from around here as he had never seen someone this beautiful before. "Hi I'm Erryn, and you are?"

"Tony," he replied, still stunned by her. She was very beautiful, standing a bit shorter than him, she had golden blonde hair, and stunning blue eyes. Her flawless skin seemed to shine from within.

"Nice to meet you Tony," she beamed. "So you look like someone gave you one of those super sour candies. Do you need someone to talk to?"

"No I'm fine," he replied as he felt his phone buzz a few more times.

"Seems like you're popular," she giggled.

"Just a little," he smiled, checking his phone.

"Bad news?"

"What?" he asked looking up

"You look like you just read something bad."

"no it's just…" he sighed, not believing that he was about to spill his guts to a stranger. "A pair of I thought good friends of mine went somewhere far away, and didn't tell me. I had to go to her moms house to find out. And I don't know how I should feel."

"Well," she began, "sometimes people can forget things. even the most important thing that they never would have thought they would forget. People only have so much they can remember at once. And you never know what else they might be trying to remember. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake."

He chewed on her words for a moment before nodding. "So did you move here recently?"

"Something like that," she said, her smile faltering. 

"Are you ok?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

"I will be. But I don't really feel like talking about it right now, maybe another day," she said, her smile slowly returning.

"So that means you want to talk again?"

"Perhaps," she smiled.

"Ok, how about tomorrow? I can show you around some," he offered.

"I'd like that," she replied, taking the swing next to him.

The two of them talked until night fell before they reluctantly separated. It wasn't until she had disappeared from his sight that he realized he forgot to ask for her name and phone number. He quickly chased after her, but when he turned the corner she walked around she was nowhere in sight. He stuck his hands in his pockets and turned around, walking back to his house. Hoping that he would run into the strange girl who appeared and vanished just as mysteriously.

7