A Tale (Ch1)
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a time when memories faded like the colors of autumn leaves, and the whispers of history echoed through the ages, there lived a witch of woe, a being of dark magic whose power was as deadly as it was feared. Her presence was a force of destruction, bringing death and despair wherever she roamed, and her malevolent reputation had spread far and wide, striking fear into the hearts of all who knew of her.

Her very essence was steeped in the darkness of night, her form a shadowy silhouette, a dance of blackened magic that flickered in the corners of the mind. She was a creature of myth and legend, a being born of the tales that had been told for generations, a creature whose very name inspired terror in the hearts of even the bravest souls.

Her power was a thing of beauty and terror, a force that could bring entire kingdoms to their knees, leaving only destruction and sorrow in its wake. The mere mention of her name was enough to send shivers down the spines of the bravest knights and the most powerful sorcerers, for they knew all too well the danger that lay within her grasp.

Sorcerers and knights, united in purpose, took up arms to put an end to the witch's dark reign. They stood together, a formidable force of light and magic, determined to bring an end to the terror that had gripped the land for far too long.

As they marched forward, their swords drawn and their magic pulsing with energy, a battle of epic proportions raged across the land. The clash of steel against steel, the roar of thunderous spells, and the screams of the wounded echoed across the hills and valleys, as the forces of good and evil fought for supremacy.

The sky above was awash with a kaleidoscope of colors, as bolts of lightning and waves of fire blazed through the air, illuminating the battlefield with a fiery glow. The ground shook beneath their feet, and the very air hummed with the raw power of magic.

Through it all, the sorcerers and knights fought on, their determination unbroken, their hearts alight with the hope of victory. Their swords sliced through the air like the wings of an eagle, striking with deadly precision, while their magic crackled and sparked like a raging inferno, incinerating all in its path.

In the end, the battle raged on, a swirling maelstrom of steel and magic, a symphony of destruction that would go down in history as one of the bloodiest affairs ever to be fought. 

The witch's fate was uncertain. 

Some tales whispered that she had met her doom, her dark power vanquished by the united strength of her foes. Others whispered that she still lay in wait, imprisoned deep within a mountain, her body covered in ice, her power frozen in a frigid fountain of deadly magic.

But despite the passing of time, the whispers of her dark power still echoed in every tower, every village and every city, a reminder of the danger that lay waiting in the shadows. Beware the witch of woe, for her power was as terrible as it was beautiful, and those who dared to face her did so at their own peril.

After the unfathomable expanse of time, spanning thousands upon thousands of years..

As the snowflakes swirled and danced amidst the craggy peaks, a solitary mountain stood tall and proud, its majestic summit piercing the heavens. Known far and wide as Mount Frostbite, this icy sentinel had endured centuries of tumultuous weather, braving the fiercest storms and enduring the harshest of conditions.

Despite the mountain's imposing grandeur, however, there was a darkness that loomed over it now. For amidst the frozen tundra, a desperate cry echoed through the crisp air, carried on the biting winds. It was the frantic voices of soldiers pierced the icy air in a desperate, urgent plea for help.

"Mayday, mayday! This is Bravo Squad requesting immediate backup! We're under heavy fire and we need assistance now!" cried out the commanding officer, his voice hoarse and urgent.

"We're pinned down and running low on mana ammo! Requesting support and reinforcements!!" chimed in a young private, his voice trembling with fear and exhaustion.

As the chaos of battle raged on around them, the soldiers' voices rose in a cacophony of urgency, each one clamoring for help in their own way. 

In the midst of turmoil and the frantic frenzy of chaos, an eerie stillness descended upon the scene. 

The deafening gunfire that had echoed through the air like a malevolent symphony ceased its thunderous barrage, leaving in its wake a surreal and unsettling calm. The once-frantic voices, filled with fear and urgency, were now silenced, leaving behind an enigmatic atmosphere, pregnant with a sense of foreboding. And then, from out of the profound silence, there came a bloodcurdling scream, a sound so rare and chilling that it seemed to defy explanation, leaving those who heard it with a sense of dread and unease.

Only the voice of a soldier, low and far

Whispered through the radio, a warning, a bar

"Commander," he said, urgency in his tone

"What are you doing? Please hold your own

Stay away, don't come any closer

Or I'll shoot you down, without composure."

The sudden, jarring sound of gunfire tore through the tranquil stillness of the air, shattering the peace and unleashing a tumultuous rush of fear.

For in that moment, fear ruled supreme.

And the radio's silence was the final scream.

1