Chapter 5
377 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Can I also draw items, or they must be templates?'

'The host needs ten tickets to draw items and fifteen for a companion. To filter the search, the host needs three more tickets.'

'Companion?! I get to draw companions? Wait. How do I get to narrow the options of the things I get? Can you give me an example?'

'Example: ten tickets for an item. Three more for it to be from X world. Three more for it to be a weapon.'

'Oh. Nice. And how do I get tickets?'

'Host will receive one ticket once a month.'

Humming, he stops cleaning, giving the bathroom a once over to see if there's another wet spot. When he finds none, he continues, asking, 'And how will I get new templates?'

'Every time the host reaches 100% synchronization, they can draw another template.'

Sweet. 'How do I unlock new abilities?'

'Host needs to increase their synchronization rate.'

'And how do I do that?'

'Host needs to train current abilities and/or defeat enemies.'

'No killing?'

'It depends on the Host templates. One template has the neutral evil alignment while the other is chaotic good. The host's body instead is lawful good, neutralizing the first Template somewhat.'

He sighs in relief even if he's still confused as he's not entirely sure he would have been able to kill in cold blood after all. It's not that he's weak-minded, he just lives by the rule 'don't do to others what one doesn't want to be done to oneself'.

Well, now that he has that information as a base, he can train. He checks once again his abilities and sees that Hakuda and Homunculus Constitution are at the beginner level while Reiatsu's manipulation is at the novice level.

From their description, Hakuda is hand-to-hand combat, while reiatsu manipulation is anything related to reiatsu. It even says his strength, which, embarrassingly enough, is low.

He revises the recent memories he's gained and they are all about the six years of Academy which makes him understand why Hakuda is a beginner and not a novice. This girl could pack a punch! Or a kick in this case.

He would have to search for a Taekwondo dojo around his house to search for sparring partners. Maybe capoeira, too.

For the Homunculus Constitution, he will have to receive injuries and heal, which, going on from the training he will go through, it will be easy enough.

With a plan made for the future, he works on a schedule: Mornings are for school, afternoons are for Hakuda, and the time after dinner is for his Reiatsu training.

Then he changes his Shinigami template from its passive version to its active one.

And promptly stumbles as he did when he first woke up in this body. There's a thump-like sound coming from behind him and when he turns around to see, he's freaked out by the sight of his small body on top of his bed.

Why small body?

Well, as he looks down at his hands, and realizes that they are slightly bigger. He runs to the bathroom, momentarily ignoring the body sleeping on his bed, to look into the mirror.

There he is, in the same Souma-like body. Same yellowish honey eyes and red hair, just… older, early twenties. Probably the same age his previous body had before it appeared in the void.

Huh.

He's also wearing a shinigami barb, with the asauchi next to his hip. Bringing out the panel and trying to focus on the Gothic outfit, he says 'equip' in his mind. He's slightly surprised when it works.

He tries equipping the Double Gold Spandex and is glad when he sees it hidden beneath his pants. He has to lift his pants mid-thigh for them to transform and when they do, he's got to admit they are a kind of cool scythes. Black with gold accents.

He'll wear them just in case, but he hopes, he really, really hopes he never gets to use them.

Later, as he's not sure if he'll be able to interact with living beings, he tries to touch the wall next to him.

His hand passes through, giving him the film 'Ghost' vibes. He now wants to do pottery.

He tries again, this time concentrating on touching it and he touches it. He can feel the cool wood under his palm.

He now changes once again his template from active to passive. He feels a tug in his belly before he's launched from the bathroom to his body.

He cringes internally. Well, that could have gone better.

He continues practicing and after a couple of tries; he realizes he can return to his body the old way Ichigo used. That means slowly entering his body manually, which doesn't feel as strange as it is to say it out loud.

(Later, he will find out that people can see him and hear him as he tried to call his mother when she returned from work and she answered back. He also waved at her from behind the door, just showing his head and arm. His mother waved back.)

Anyway, until he's convinced his parents to the lessons, he will start doing the stances seared into his brain for Hakuda training.

When it's time for dinner, he makes something simple. Though he's good at western food, he has got to admit that some part of him (Probably the Yukihira from the other world part) wishes to cook some Asian food. Even French would do!

He nods. He promises to buy tomorrow some ingredients needed for the type of food he wishes to cook and eat. Maybe he can surprise his parents with his new skills.

With that done, a week after, he makes his parents agree to let him join for Taekwondo lessons.

The reward for each sparring partner he defeats is a drop of water in the ocean which is the synchronization of his template, though.

This will be hard.

14