Chapter 19
480 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, at noon after school, finds him in the same spot he once was months ago, waiting. His legs are crossed with his sword on top of his legs like last time.

He could have appeared inside Fury's office, true, but that would only feed his pettiness and not help at all. Aizen is sitting on top of a tree, drinking what he now knows to be a cup of tea. Where did he find out the cup or the tea? He still doesn't know, but the man seems to let out a feeling of, not quite laziness, more of tranquility and elegance.

Or something like it.

Unlike him, who has a hood, Aizen wears nothing but his shinigami clothes and his glasses. After all, he doesn't need it, or at least that's what he said. It makes him even more worried, but he can't demand Aizen to wear a hood or something like it. Besides he has the strength to fight against anything that could want to harm him.

Also, he can easily take the glasses off and use some gel to become a whole new person.

He tries to gain some of that silent strength he gives off to calm himself.

In the end, he only needs to wait a couple of minutes before the cars come and park near. Though it's not until an hour later that he sees another group of cars approaching even more that he tenses slightly. One of them opens to let out Coulson, followed by Fury.

"Is that them?" Aizen whispers.

He subtly nods. He already mentioned all he talked with Fury, Coulson, and Hill with the shinigami. When everyone understood how much he didn't know about negotiating, Aizen offered himself to help.

"I've got some knowledge of how to get what I want," he had said, all smiles coy looking.

He almost threw up blood like some character in a Chinese novel at that understatement.

"Selim, it's a pleasure to see you once again," says Coulson when he's near them. He then looks up at Aizen with the same placid smile. "I see you've brought a friend."

Souma nods before making a show of looking around. He then touches his ear as he looks directly at Fury.

When the director shakes his head, he finally speaks openly, "He's Aizen, another soul reaper."

Fury's gaze sharpens as he looks at him from where he's been silent so far. "Another, you said?"

Aizen moves down as if he wasn't walking on air, but walking down the stairs. "Yes, another. My name's Aizen. A pleasure."

"Mind if I ask, how come another of you came here? From what you told me, you somehow appeared here after dying. Did you die too, Mr. Aizen?"

Aizen gracefully shrugs. "Those are problems of the dead, Director Fury. You only need to know we are here to help."

"Yes, and as he said, these Hollows are here thanks to him."

"I think the Hollows would have appeared, anyway. You're lucky a soul reaper came to deal with them, too." He looks up at them. "In our universe, the one in charge of everything was the Soul King, here The One Above All is the one who has that role. Who can tell what these Gods think and what their plans are, yes?"

"I wouldn't know, as I know nothing about these Gods you talk to."

The older shinigami smiles. "The times are changing, director. Soon, more powered people will appear, and is better to be prepared. Haven't you heard, once is happenstance, twice is a coincidence, thrice means there's a pattern."

"Are you implying there's another soul reaper?" Fury is quick to ask.

Aizen simply smiles. "We're here to continue doing the previous exchange. Information about what hides inside your organization for your services. Tell me, director, did you find traces of what my colleague previously informed you?"

There's no expression on Fury's face, but now that he's more attuned to his zanpakuto, he can sense how his soul trembles slightly. What emotion is the one he's showing? He doesn't know how to identify it, but he's sure Aizen does as he leans slightly closer. "Oh, so you have found it then."

Again, there's no show of emotion, but Aizen's smile softens. "Don't look so upset, director. You can avoid showing emotion to any other human, but your soul will never lie about what it feels. Not to a soul reaper, at least."

"Aizen," Souma says sharply.

As they have planned it and practiced it, he needs to show he's the one in control. That he's the one that commands and even if he's the gullible one and has shown an honest front, he has people under him that are not. And that they respect him enough to obey him.

Aizen tilts his head slightly down, perfectly acting the part of chastised but still proud soul reaper.

"My apologies. Aizen is more of a scientist than a socialite... Though few of us soul reapers are like that, actually. We're too quirky to fit in what you humans call normal," he 'reveals' and Aizen does the thing where his glasses flash. How is he able to do it when is this dark? He still doesn't know.

"Then why is he here?" Fury asks with narrowed eyes.

"Didn't Aizen say already? Information for services, that's what we want. Though not the same services as before, of course."

.

12