Chapter 65
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering the guild hall, Etrius kept it’s eyes forwards. As long as Etrius acted like it belonged here and that it wasn’t trying to bring attention to itself, nobody, not even those reincarnations should bother it. Seeing an open counter with a youngish looking Elven boy, Etrius headed to him. Seeing it approach, the young elf smiled.

 

“Hello, would you like to take a request or perhaps make one?” He asked.

“If possible I would like to arrange to have some Id’s made for my companions.” Etrius said.

“Of course!” He said. “We can make Id’s. Are you planning on having them join the guild, or do you need them for travel?”

“For travel.” It said.

“Got it, normally when making Ids they need to be in the guild itself, however for groups we can send a representative to collect the information needed.” He explained.

“Good, can we do that?” It asked.

“Of course.” He nodded. “How many people need Id’s?”

“217.” It said.

“Eh?” He hesitated.

 

Upon hearing this, some of the more nosy people here turned their attention to the counter with the two. Etrius ignored the eyes gathering it’s way.

 

“I’m sorry, but can you say that again?” The young clerk asked.

“I need 217 Id cards.” Etrius said.

“Um-” He looked flustered. “Give me one moment, I need to contact the guild master!”

 

The clerk scurried up some stairs, leaving Etrius by itself with the number of eyes on it growing. Trying it’s best not to look annoyed, Etrius waited patiently for the clerk to return.

 

“Okay, things could be worse.” Etrius thought to itself.

 

“Hey girl, you here by yourself?” An unwelcome voice asked.

 

Sighing, Etrius turned around to see an elf with a spear slick his hair back. He was one of the reincarnations. Seeing that he had it’s attention, he extended his hand and smiled.

 

“Hi, I’m-” He started.

“Sorry, but I’m busy, please don’t talk to me.” Etrius turned back to the counter.

 

“Shot down!” Someone in the crowd called out.

“Shut up!” The spear elf said.

 

Despite saying that, the elf headed back to his friends, laughing. With that crisis successfully avo-

 

“Hey beautiful what’s up?” An elvish woman with a double headed axe stood up from her chair, smiling.

“If you’re under 300 you are too young to date me.” Etrius said.

“Look at this grandma!” She chuckled, sitting back down.

 

With that crisis successfully-

 

“I like older ladies!” Another called out, holding up his drink.

“Sober up, I won’t talk to a drunk.” It said.

“Cheers to that!” He said, taking a long swig.

 

With that-

 

“I’d like to try my odds!” An elf with a feather in his hat said.

“I’m not into gambling.” Etrius said.

 

With-

 

“I heard a hot older lady is here!” An elf said, pushing the doors open with a smile on his face.

“Son of a bitch.” Etrius muttered, pulling it’s hood lower.

 

Laughter erupted from it’s surroundings and Etrius seriously debated the pros and cons of killing everyone here and leaving town. However, it decided that peace was the better option and that it should just try and endure through this situation. 

“Is Washington okay?” Lily asked, petting the pup she named pepper.

“Yes, I’m sure she is fine.” Iris said, not sounding too sure of herself.

“Master is taking quite a while.” Hilda said.

 

Waiting by the wagons, almost two hours had passed since Etrius had left, and the sun was starting to go down.

 

“Do you think we should go check up on her?” Hilda asked.

“Boss lady did tell us to stay here.” Touya said.

 

Touya, much like the other maids, was wearing her proper uniform without any modifications, and to her dismay, she didn’t have her bat. She didn’t like being unarmed, but she knew that the people looking for her would recognize her bat. And she didn’t want to take any risks. Not only that, but all of the maids hid their spirit-like features to blend in with the elves. Well, there was no way 217 maids could blend in anywhere, but it was much better to be recognized as a maid than a spirit in an elvish city.

 

“Do you think we should send a search party?” Haley asked.

“If we do, I’ll lead as I can track down her scent.” Hilda said.

“Can you actually do that?” Iris asked.

“Yes of course.” She nodded. “I am familiar with master’s scent.”

“That sounded really pervy.” Haley said.

“Please don’t make fun of me, I’ll cry.” Hilda said.

“I kind of want to see that.” Haley said.

“I’ll tell master.”

“You rat!”

“Maybe we should go and check in on her…” Iris muttered.

“She said that she would be at the guild, even if there's a commotion, no one would be stupid enough to do something there.” Haley pointed out.

“I can’t help but worry.” Iris said, remembering her past experiences at the guild. “I think I should go check in on her.”

“Well, if that's what you want, so be it.” Hilda said. “Haley remain in charge here. Touya, accompany me with Lady Iris to the guild.”

“Aw, I wanted to come.” Haley pouted.

“Got it boss.” Touya said.

“Girls, you stay here.” Iris told her kids. “We’ll be back soon. Try not to touch anyone. And don’t talk to strangers.”

““Okay.”” Rose and Violet said.

“Come back soon.” Lily said, petting pepper.

“I will. Be good.” Iris said.

 

Heading out, Iris along with Touya and Hilda headed away from the market square and headed towards the guild. As they neared the guild, another approached with many guards in tow. A merchant with a shady reputation in the city. Upon seeing Iris, a wicked smile grew as lust filled his eyes.

 

“I found you…” He said.

Still at the counter with it’s hood down low, Etrius was surrounded by elves seemingly not too worried about today’s pay.

 

“Hey hey, how about we play a few rounds?” One held a deck of cards up.

“You look lucky, how about you play with me?” Another asked, holding a pair of dice.

“Her dice are loaded, you should use mine!” Said another.

“Don’t you all have anything better to do?” Etrius couldn’t help but ask.

“A drink with you would be the best thing in the world!” One of them said.

“Yeah, let's drink!” Many shouted.

 

Just then, Etrius heard several sets of footsteps heading down the stairs. Looking over, Etrius was glad to see the young elf clerk along with an older looking gentleman. Not only that, but it was surprised to see Alister with them. It wanted to call out to him to make things go faster, but he likely didn’t remember it. So there was little point in doing so. Heading it’s way, the older elf looked at him.

 

“So, you’re the one who needs the Ids?” He asked.

“Yes I do.” Etrius nodded.

“So, I take it that you’re the one who came from Klean?” He asked.

“I am.” Etrius nodded.

“And your name is?” He asked.

“Washington.” It said.

“You’re Washington?” Alister asked skeptically.

“Yeah I know. I look different without all the armor.” It said. “I thought not having it would bring me less attention but…”

 

Etrius glanced at the elves who all, very badly, pretended that they weren’t there.

 

“May I see your Id?” Alister asked.

“It doesn't have a picture on it, but sure.” It said, handing it over.

“So it is you…” He said, astonished, looking at it. “I had no clue you were a woman!”

“You’re a real flirt, you know.” It said.

“Sorry sorry, it’s just that you are so different.” He said.

“I take it you know each other?” The older elf asked.

“Yeah we met a couple of times. He, rather she, is the one who broke the guild master’s ribs in Karnast a month ago.” He said.

“Has it been that long already?” It asked.

“You’re not even apologizing for it?” He asked.

“He deserved it.” It said.

“You know, he wanted to demote you for it.” He said. 

“Can you even demote a travel Id?” It asked.

“Huh?” He looked at Etrius in surprise.

“What?” Etrius asked.

“Did you say travel Id?” He asked.

“I did.” It nodded.

“Are you not with the guild?” He asked.

“No.” It said.

“Why not?” He asked.

“I’m just here for work.” It said.

“What does that mean?” He asked.

“Well once I get those kids, I’m bringing them back to their planet.” It said.

“Wait, are you not from this throne world?” He asked.

“No.” It said.

“Seriously?” He asked.

“Yeah, no. I’m just here for work.” It said.

“Wow. Talk about dedication.” He said. “What makes them so special?”

“Nothing really.” It said.

“So, why are you going through such lengths in looking for them?” He asked. “Are you getting paid a lot?”

“Oh no, not at all.” It said. “One of my daughters wanted me to help them.”

“She’s a MILF!” One of the elves shouted, to a thunderous applause.

“Lucky them I guess.” He shrugged, ignoring them. “So what was that about needing 200 Ids?”

“217.” It corrected. “It's for the survivors of Klean.”

“Do they need to be reunited with their families?” He asked. “I can have Chevron pull some strings to have the city look for them.”

“No, they all wanted to work for me, so I’m sort of their boss now.” It said.

“Can you even afford that?” He asked.

“Yeah, it’s no problem.” It nodded.

“Just who are you?” He asked.

“I’m Washington.” It said. “Anyway, is it possible to get those Ids?”

“Well, it will take a while but we can do it.” The older elf said.

“I’m glad to hear it.” It said.

“We can have some staff sent over to the merchant square tomorrow, or if you want to bring them ingroups to process we can take care of them.” He said.

“I’ll talk it over with them and see what they want to do.” It said.

“As for the cards, we can deliver all of them within a week since-” He started.

“Hey boss lady!” Touya’s voice called from outside.

“Hm? Touya?” Etrius asked.

 

Looking at the door, Etrius moved towards it and looked out the window. Quite a large crowd was forming on the street. Walking outside, Etrius saw that Iris, Touya, and Hilda were surrounded by some well dressed men along with a few with weapons.

0