Chapter 1: Prologue
741 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's 2:30 a.m. in Pudong, Shanghai.

People leave the movie theater, and no one is talking. All that can hear are the hurried footsteps of those leaving and a few faint sobs.

A gust of calm wind blows and lifts some heavy, mournful surroundings. Among the crowd is Kian, a die-hard Marvel fan. He slowly exits the theater and stands at the entrance, looking up at the sparkling starry sky and sighing.

I got what I deserved.

Today is the 15th day since Avengers: Endgame was released. As a die-hard fan of Marvel movies, how could Kian miss this Marvel blockbuster that took ten years to build up?

Unfortunately, due to work reasons, he couldn't watch the premiere and only managed to get tickets for two weeks after its premiere due to work.

I have to say that there are so many Marvel fans.

To avoid being spoiled. Kian has been living like an ancient person for half a month, disconnecting from social media and taking a 20-day off leave to stay cooped up in his rented room. He hasn't left his room or gone out ever since.

Finally, the day has arrived. He arrives at the theater two hours early, drinks three cups of coffee, and prepares five cans of Red Bull to avoid dozing off during the movie. Avengers: Endgame far exceeded his expectations. He was so engrossed in the movie that he didn't even think about drinking his beverages, as his eyes were glued to the big screen.

The three-hour movie ended quickly, and with the crisp sound of the credits, Kian reluctantly left the theater. The ending was surprising yet somehow expected. He was there from the beginning, and now it had come to an end.

Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man, sacrificed himself and used the power of the Infinity Stones to save the universe.

Even the powerful Thanos couldn't bear the pain of the Stones' power. Iron Man still did it, despite knowing that using the Stones would cost him his life, but he still went ahead without hesitation.

He was a true hero.

As he stood outside the movie theater, gazing up at the stars, Kian couldn't help but feel a sense of awe. The midnight screening had just let out, and though the audience was reluctant to leave, it was inevitable. They all went separate ways with mixed emotions, and only Kian was left standing at the entrance.

He sighed, ready to leave, when he noticed a shooting star streaking across the sky. Kian quickly clasped his hands together in prayer, silently wishing for his parents' health, success in his work, finding a girlfriend he liked, and ultimately...

He hesitated for a moment, then silently wished to be transported to the MCU.

After he finished his thoughts, Kian opened his eyes, only to see the shooting star had already disappeared. He sighed, whispering to himself, "It was just a dream, after all."

Kian knew he couldn't be a superhero in reality. However, he could still be a hero in his own way by striving to be a good person and making a positive impact on those around him.

Kian was an orphan who grew up in an orphanage and never knew who his parents were. Even his name, Kian, was given to him by the orphanage director.

As he grew older and entered society, he worked various jobs such as plumbing, cooking, construction, and cleaning. He thought his life would never change and he would live this way until he died.

His biggest hobby was watching movies, hoping to fill the emptiness in his heart with the colorful worlds depicted in films. So when he first saw Iron Man on his computer screen, he became a fan of the mustache man with an arrogant yet charming personality.

Starting with Iron Man, he discovered the vast Marvel Cinematic Universe, which made his dull life a little more enjoyable. There was the ever-righteous Captain America, the silly but lovable Thor, the occasionally seductive and powerful Black Widow, the sharp-eyed and accurate Hawkeye, and many more fascinating characters and stories.

These exciting characters and events deeply attracted him. He dreamt more than once of traveling to the Marvel Universe, where even an ordinary person would be much stronger than he is now.

Someone asked if he was afraid of death. Of course, he was, but he was more afraid of living as dull and predictable as the one he had now.

The mundane, predictable life terrified him the most.

With a deep sigh, Kian walked away. He still didn't know how to explain his absence to his boss tomorrow. He couldn't possibly tell him he took days off just to watch movies, or he'd be fired, even though he was used to it.

However, just as Kian was lost in thought, a loud sound of breaking glass behind him made him jump in fear. It sounded like the cinema glass had shattered. But before he could turn around and investigate, a huge force suddenly appeared out of nowhere and sucked him in.

4