Chapter 5: Attention
338 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kian was excited when he thought about the special ability he had gained. The ability to use a cross was perfect for someone like him.

But before he could fully enjoy this new ability, he heard a whistling sound above his head. Without hesitation, he ran as fast as he could, narrowly avoiding a bomb that exploded and created a huge three-meter-wide hole where he had been standing.

Kian, who had narrowly avoided the attack, turned around and looked at the hole not far away, feeling relieved.

"Luckily, I'm okay!"

He realized this was still a battlefield full of danger; even if he had amazing abilities, a stray bullet could still kill him. He decided to move on and find a new hiding spot.

For the next few hours, Kian acted as a sniper, easily picking off enemy soldiers. He was cautious about targeting officers or anyone who looked different from the other soldiers.

Overall, no one could escape his bullets as long as they were within his sights. Kian felt proud of his skills but knew he had to stay alert in this deadly warzone.

A large number of primary officers from the enemy army were killed, leaving their soldiers chaotic and unable to make any progress, despite their ferocity.

On the other side, the enemy had noticed a skilled soldier named Kian, who could blend into the chaos of the battlefield, making it difficult to locate him.

The deaths of so many lower-ranking officers left the commanding officers of the enemy army visibly upset, with some even losing their composure and breaking things in frustration.

In contrast, the American soldiers were managing better due to the impact of their attacks, which slowed down the enemy's advance. This gave the struggling 107th regiment much-needed breathing room, slightly improving their morale.

Meanwhile, in the headquarters of the 107th regiment, a female officer with wavy hair and an attractive face, who appeared out of place in the warzone, was observing Kian with a telescope.

She had been watching him for some time and noticed that whenever he stood up and fired from behind cover, an enemy officer would fall.

While some may believe this to be a coincidence, she had personally witnessed him take down the enemy army's top sniper with a single shot and knew that he was a skilled soldier.

Although she was disgusted by Kian's behavior of using their comrade's corpse as a shield, considering their current situation, it seems forgivable. Because of his efforts, they were given a chance to catch their breath and save many lives.

"Who is that soldier?" The woman put down her binoculars and turned to a colonel who was frowning at the map.

"I know what you're thinking, Agent Carter, but right now, we should be concerned about when the reinforcements will arrive!"

"Recruiting him won't make any difference if the reinforcements don't arrive soon! We'll all die here!" The Colonel looked at the woman.

"Please don't worry, Colonel. The reinforcements will be here early tomorrow morning!" The woman seemed unfazed by their current predicament and said calmly, "It's almost night now, as long as your soldiers can hold on for ten hours!"

"I doubt it!"

The Colonel picked up a document and opened it, frowning as he read it. He put the document down and rubbed his forehead, saying, "We've suffered over 60% casualties, morale is low, and it will be hard to hold this position! The Germans won't miss the chance to attack at night!"

But the beautiful woman smiled confidently and said, "No, I think we can hold this position. Trust me and trust your soldiers!"

Kian, who was hiding behind a shelter and chewing on packed biscuits. He had already killed over 200 people in just a few hours, ran out of ammunition, and had to take bullets from fallen soldiers' bodies.

His difficult actions weren't just to win the battle but also for the next plan. However, it would take at least an hour for the sun to drop at night, and getting through that time was a problem.

But usually, nighttime was the best time to attack, and it was actually the calmest time, like the calm before the storm.

Kian, hiding behind the cover and chewing on a ration biscuit, suddenly heard a distant rumbling sound that made Kian's face change. He threw away the half-eaten biscuit and quickly stood up from behind the cover, looking towards the opposite direction.

"Holy Shit"

Through the scope, Kian saw the reason for the rumbling sound from the opposite side. Tanks Even as a pseudo-junior military, Kian could tell that these tanks were the famous Tiger 1 Tanks.

There were at least ten of them lined up and charging toward their position. Just as Kian had predicted, the enemy was taking advantage of the relaxed vigilance before nightfall to launch a surprise attack.

Kian's expression turned serious. While they did have an anti-tank gun, the first wave of attacks had destroyed their only heavy artillery. They had no more means to fend off the tanks.

Before he could recover from the shock because of the tank, there was a muffled sound from nearby, followed by a long-tailed flame dragging a shell straight toward the other side, hitting a Tiger 1 Tank head-on!

"Bang"

The impact caused a loud explosion, and a huge fireball appeared in front of Kian. He couldn't believe what he had just witnessed. He realized it was an RPG, and the world was much more chaotic than he had imagined.

7