Chapter 10: Promotion
265 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Second Lieutenant!"

Kian looked at his new certificate and shook his head with mixed emotions. He had risked his life for this small piece of paper. Going from a corporal to a second lieutenant was an incredibly fast promotion.

He put the certificate away in his jacket pocket. He looked around at the group of soldiers, some of whom were unskilled and others who survived. He let out a quiet sigh and touched the scar on his cheek, cursing the war in his heart.

It had been about a month since Colonel Philip talked to him. His tripled physical abilities allowed him to recover quickly from his injuries. But as soon as he left the field hospital, he was picked up in a military jeep, flew on a plane, took a train, and eventually ended up in New York, USA.

Now, he sat on a truck with other soldiers who had also recently joined from different units and were on their way to a secret military base located outside New York City.

The bumpy journey lasted over an hour, and just as Kian was about to sleep, then the truck suddenly stopped.

"Everyone, get off and line up!" a loud voice shouted.

Kian was jolted awake and quickly got off the truck to join the other soldiers in formation.

Soon, all the soldiers lined up, and before them stood Colonel Philip.

"Welcome to the Strategic Science Corps," he said, sternly looking at the soldiers, his gaze lingering on Kian for a moment.

"This unit is composed of elite soldiers from different countries of the Allied forces. Your only goal here is to send Adolf Hitler to hell. Before you accomplish that goal, I hope you all can stay alive. That's all!"

After saying this, Philip left, and Agent Carter approached.

"Well, Soldiers, Colonel Philip has made it pretty clear. Today is your last vacation. Starting tomorrow, you will face hellish training. Now, follow me. I'll take you to where you'll be staying."

Carter didn't want to start training them today; instead, he kindly let them rest for a day before starting early training tomorrow.

Kian followed behind the group, and they arrived at a large new building that had clearly been built for their arrival.

"Alright, each bed has a name on it. Find your own bed. The toilet and shower are in the next tent, and hot water is supplied after 5 pm. Of course, if you prefer cold water, that's fine too. One last reminder, don't cause any trouble if you don't want to end up in solitary confinement."

After Carter left, the soldiers went to find their assigned beds. Luckily, Kian quickly found his bed, which was a lower bunk in the corner. He liked the sense of privacy that came with it. However, trouble came uninvited.

"Hey, fucker, I want this bed!" Someone behind Kian said, and as the words fell, his name tag was thrown in front of him.

Kian picked up his name tag, carefully wiped it clean, and placed it on his backpack before turning to face the troublemaker.

It was an African American guy. He looks much larger and stronger than him. The man looked down on him with an intimidating gaze, and the surrounding people seemed to enjoy the scene, eagerly watching the two of them.

"What did you say? What did you call me?" Kian used his little finger to clean his ear as if trying to hear more clearly.

"I said this is my bed fucker; now get lost!" The African American smirked at him, saying each word.

"Oh, thanks for clarifying. I heard you loud and clear!" Kian nodded in understanding and patted the man on the shoulder as if in gratitude.

But suddenly, his hand patting the shoulder turned into a lightning-fast strike to the man's face. Before the man could react, Kian used his arm to forcefully push him away.

The man felt a huge force hit his face, causing him to stumble to the side and crash into another row of beds. The bed shook violently, and the guy who had just climbed to the top bunk fell down.

The big man's left side of his face was bloody and swollen, leaving him unconscious on the ground.

The whole people in the room fell silent in surprise. The big man's massive size and towering height of over 6'6" made him appear like a wild beast.

Kian took a handkerchief from his pocket, carefully wiped his hands, and then threw it, accurately landing it on the man's face.

"Take it and wipe it on your face."

Kian turned around and continued to clean his bed.

At this time, the soldiers outside seemed to have finally realized what was happening inside and pushed open the door to see it. At first glance, they saw the man lying on the ground with a white handkerchief covering his face.

As expected, Kian was put in confinement.

The confinement room was a small room with only one bed, a washbasin, a toilet, and a small window the size of a picture frame on the wall. There was nothing else in the room.

7