Chapter 25: Captain America
220 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not long after Jack sat down, he saw a well-dressed man with glasses sitting down in front of him. Upon seeing the man, he immediately recognized him. the spy from the Nine-Headed Snake organization who had infiltrated the meeting, likely from the federal government.

Despite the man's polite greeting and calm, Jack could sense the underlying rage and aggression underneath his appearance.

He was impressed with Hydra's ability to infiltrate organizations, such as their future branch in Washington, D.C.

The man sat down and glanced back, seemingly unafraid of being caught, even casually placing his cigarette pack on the chair. He watched him intently. Peggy soon entered the room and sat down next to him.

"You're worried," she said.

Jack glanced at her, noticing a slight worry on her face and set her eyes on Steve below.

"...A little. Colonel Phillips' efforts will be useless if we fail," he replied.

Below, Steve had already been tied up to the platform, and the serum was in place, waiting to be injected. Dr. Erskine had also finished his speech.

However, Jack noticed something different!

He remembered that in the original story, there were supposed to be seven vials of the super soldier serum, but Steve only injected six. The remaining vial was supposed to be stolen by a spy in front of him and eventually broken by mistake.

But now he realized that there were only six vials of serum, all of which were given to Steve without any extras.

Jack didn't pay much attention to this small change. After all, in the original movie, only six vials of serum were used, and preparing an extra vial was just in case someone dropped a vial?

Not paying attention to this, He focused on the process of super soldier transformation in the field. The Vita-Ray Chamber used for the experiment was too big for Steve, but it may not be in a few minutes.

With Dr. Erskine's command, the experiment officially began.

The six serum vials rapidly landed and were injected into Steve's main muscle masses through a specially designed injector in the chamber, allowing the serum to change a person's muscle structure at the cellular level.

Steve's arms and chest twitched as if insects were crawling under his skin. It was undoubtedly painful, but he didn't make a sound.

After the serum was injected, Howard moved the lever to lift the reactor slowly and enclose it in a large iron container, leaving only an observation window. After confirming that Steve was in good condition,  Erskine commanded the chamber to start. Howard quickly put on his sunglasses and adjusted the energy valve on the operating table.

This was the final step, injecting a large amount of electricity into the reactor to generate a massive amount of vita-rays that directly irradiated every cell in Steve's body, accelerating the absorption of the serum and causing changes in his body at the cellular level.

The accelerated process was painful, and even with Steve's strong willpower, he could not help but scream after less than ten seconds of radiation exposure.

Peggy was worried, but Steve insisted on completing the enhancement process. She rushed out to demand that they stop, but Steve persisted.

Finally, after 100% of the Vita Rays had been injected, the enhancement process was complete! When the reactor was opened, what appeared before everyone's eyes was no longer the skinny Steve but a completely transformed, muscular man!

Honestly, even Jack was a bit jealous of Steve's muscles, despite having physical abilities three times beyond the human limit. Compared to the Super Soldier Serum. He still fell a bit short.

The experiment was undoubtedly a success. Everyone in the observation room rushed into the lab to closely examine the first-ever super soldier.

Jack walked over and stood before Steve, who was now half a head taller than him. Shaking his head in amazement, he exclaimed, "Look at you. You've finally grown up!"

Steve, now wearing a short-sleeved shirt, felt a bit uncomfortable being bare in front of so many people. He smiled shyly in response to Jack's teasing and retorted without hesitation, "The first time I realized that you're actually so short, Lieutenant Wayne."

Jack's smile froze, and he didn't have anything to say about that.

Just then, the observation room above them suddenly exploded. A shockwave accompanied by shattered glass swept through the small laboratory, causing almost everyone to crouch down.

In the instant the explosion occurred, he had tackled Dr. Erskine, who was shaking hands with someone nearby. When everyone else was still dazed, Jack quickly stood up, grabbed a piece of glass that flew over his head, and threw it out like a lightning bolt.

"Spurt!"

When everyone slowly regained their senses, they found a dead body lying on the ground with a piece of glass stuck in its neck and a gun in its hand. This person was the spy who infiltrated the federal government.

The outside guards quickly rushed in and took control of the scene.

"Phew, that was close."

Jack breathed a sigh of relief as he confirmed that the spy was indeed dead. He scanned the area with his eagle eye, and thankfully, no other people were around.

Erskine, who had just stood up from the ground, still looked a bit shaken. The spy had aimed his gun directly at him during the explosion. If it weren't for Jack's quick reaction, he would have been killed.

Thinking about this, Erskine looked at Jack and said, "Jack, you saved my life again. Thank you so much!"

Colonel Phillips, who was standing on the side, had an unpleasant look. He glared at Congressman Brant and said in a low voice, "I think you need to explain to the White House, Congressman Brant!"

Phillips would have slapped him a few times if it weren't for their identities. Brant had almost caused them to lose the super soldier program.

Brant was also in a difficult position and knew he needed to explain to the White House about the spy he had brought in.

"There may still be some rats outside. I'll go clean them up," Jack said, thinking more spies might be around.

Erskine and Howard checked Steve's body while Peggy recorded the data. Everything seemed normal except for the fleeting gloom on Erskine's face.

8