Chapter 3 New ally?
170 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remy dodged the man's spear attack, grabbing it with his left hand. He could have easily countered the attack without worry, but he didn't want to humiliate the man too much, despite his temptation. Fearlessly, Remy headbutted the man, immediately knocking him out.

"I didn't kill him, did I?" Remy wondered. He had used minimal force in the headbutt and saw that the man was unconscious but still breathing.

"That's for him to learn that there will always be someone stronger than him, so he should stop being so overconfident." Remy walked away, offering no assistance since the man was alive and could deal with the pain himself. "Alright, how do I get out of this village? I'll ask others, but they don't seem much different from the one I just defeated."

"Should I threaten them? It's unlikely to work; they seem too proud. Even if they die, they might not reveal anything. Besides, I can't be sure if they even know anything." Remy was confused about what to do. He could destroy everything in his path, but would that change anything?

"I lost! How? How did I lose! I can't lose!" Remy heard a scream from the man he had defeated earlier. He went over to see how the man was doing, maybe teasing him a little.

"No, no, no! I can't lose, how can I lose! I'm not the best? I'm not more skilled? Then I'm not the best." The man babbled, hugging his knees. All the arrogance he had before had vanished.

"Hm. Hey, are you alright? It was just a friendly fight. Don't take it too hard," Remy said, wanting to say other things like how he was the best, but he held back those feelings. "You... you're better! How are you better!" The man shouted and rushed toward Remy, grabbing his shoulders.

"I am the best! Not you! Tell me, you cheated, right? It must be that; you wouldn't have beaten me without cheating, you thief! Now, I won't give you a chance to cheat again." The man yelled, releasing Remy's shoulders and attempting to go for his neck. "Let me go!" Remy said, kneeing the man in the stomach, causing him to fall to the ground, vomiting.

"Don't blame me for your own incompetence, blame yourself. If you can't be stronger, I don't need to cheat to defeat a worm like you." Remy said, feeling that his words were a bit off, but he didn't know why; still, he was enjoying it. "You're lying! I'm the best! So you must be cheating." The man shouted again, trying to attack Remy once more, but the last thing he saw was the tip of a spear coming down toward him. He was split in half, and his organs scattered everywhere.

"Like I said, I don't need to cheat." Remy stated and turned, heading back to the village. "Why do I feel so good? Is it because I killed him? No, it's for another reason." Remy thought.

-----------

"Are you done with your little party? I'm getting bored with your delay," Artoria Alter said, swinging her sword. "If you want, you can sleep; I'm not your babysitter. So stop complaining, either go to sleep or leave me alone." Jeanne Alter finished off the last citizen of this town. "Shall we leave? Maybe there are other areas to explore." Artoria Alter hopped off the crates she was sitting on, her small body moving gracefully. "Unfortunately, we have a problem. I can't leave..." Jeanne Alter said with embarrassment.

"How come? Didn't you tell me not to underestimate you? Seems like it was all just empty words," Artoria Alter taunted. "You're enjoying this, aren't you? Well, I might regret this, but it will never happen." Jeanne Alter replied, setting everything on fire except Artoria Alter.

Jeanne Alter's flames burned everything in sight: houses and bodies on the ground; she burned everything she saw. 'This cursed place, whoever made this place will pay,' says Jeanne Alter angrily. She couldn't get out of this place, even after burning everything. Jeanne Alter angrily kicked a pile of ashes from the bodies she burned.

'I'm telling you, I can help. Just ask nicely,' Artoria Alter said again. She's trying to be as helpful as possible because she knows this fire-wielding lunatic won't accept it just because of her pride. Artoria Alter felt some pleasure just imagining Jeanne Alter asking for her help. 'I'm not asking for any help, so stop dreaming,' Jeanne Alter yelled, irritated with this clown. She knows that Artoria Alter wants it, but she won't give her the satisfaction; she still believes she has many options, or at least she thinks she does.

"I was wondering why the master sent me here, now I see why," Jeanne Alter and Artoria Alter heard a sad female voice. It was a woman with dark purple hair and a cross-shaped spear. She looked sadly at the people who died here, all of them having a chance to enter the golden city.

'Martha, didn't expect you here. Are you serving someone else now, don't want to switch sides?' Jeanne Alter joked. She knows that Martha must dislike her for what she made her do. 'Evil Jeanne, I have to defeat you and make you pay for the lives you took. I'll throw you into the punishment hell before you disappear,' Martha said determinedly. She will defeat Jeanne Alter and make her pay for all her sins.

'You plan to fight me alone, Martha? I know you'll try to use your noble phantasm against me, but you should know better than anyone who I am,' Jeanne Alter threatened. She doesn't care if Martha was her servant in the previous battle; she'll make Martha suffer if she goes against her. 'I don't need my noble phantasm to defeat you. My master's blessing is enough to help me handle this without any issues,' Martha said confidently. She knows better than anyone how strong she is because of her master's blessing. She's sure she can defeat this Jeanne in front of her.

------------------

38 advanced chapters on my Patreon: patreon.com/Louisdg

10