The beginning of the shift Part 2
79 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ A few hours later ~

I awoke to the sounds of violent knocking on my door. At first I jumped out of bed only to be suddenly reminded of the new circumstance of my body after nearly toppling to the floor due to the weight on my chest. ‘Damn I was hoping it was just a dream.‘ I thought to myself as I headed to the door.

“Who is it?” I said as I swung the door open to my younger sisters from the orphanage.

Of the three young women it was easy to tell that they were all related to each other. All three had blonde hair with green eyes and relatively fair complexion. Beyond that all of them were fairly different from each other in terms of body shape and choice of clothing.

The eldest Emilly was heavy set and chubby with quite a bit of weight parked right on her stomach. She was wearing a full on ensemble of sweatpants and a sweatshirt and in spite of the apparent urgency of their visit had a tired look on her face. It probably had something to do with the bags under her eyes.

The middle sister Erica was thin to the point of being bland and had her hair in a straight lace style. She was wearing a knee length polka dot black and white dress and what looked like long white socks. She had a serious expression on her face and immediately had a look of disapproval upon seeing the current form that I was in.

The younger sister Elly was thin like Erica but had a bit of the curves of Emilly with an especially healthy backside. She was wearing short shorts and a tank top and both were clearly designed to show off her body. Normally she would have this bratty self centered look to her face but now she had a clearly panicked expression on her face.

“What the fuck have you been doing I’eve been trying to call you for the last two hours.” Elly started clearly frizzled.

“Probably taking a nap. You know Ellis likes to sleep when he is overwhelmed by something.” Emilly said as if it was the most nonchalance thing in the world.

“Well he shouldn't just shut down like that at a time like this. I thought something terrible happened to him.” Erica said before turning to me. “I mean something more terrible than the current situation.”

Looking at the only three siblings I bothered to stay in contact with since leaving the orphanage for some reason put me at a state of ease. “So what brings you three here?” I said as if I couldn't guess.

“What brings us here? The fucking Majorden shift is happening and your asking “what brings us here”.” Elly exploded at me.

“Yeah I figured that come on in.” I said moving out of the way so that they could enter the apartment. They did have an awkward time squeezing past my boobs though.

Sitting down on the couch of what passed for a living room in my apartment I asked. “So what brings you girls here?”.

“What brings us here?! You just fucking asked us!!” Elly exploded again.

“Yeah well you didn’t answer now did you.” I said getting into something of a snarky mode.

“Didn’t we tell you that the Maajoderreden shift is happening?” Elly said, sliding into a cold rage.

“Yeah but what does that have to do with you coming here?” I decided to ask more bluntly.

“We thought that something might have happened to you seeing that you weren't answering your phone when we called.” Erica said, cutting Elly off before she could explode into another outburst.I wonder what’s got Elly into such a mood. “On that note you can’t just shut down just because something bad happened to you. What if you had died in the game then how could we have known if you refuse to talk to anyone.”

“What do you mean what if I died in the game?” I asked, confused by why that would be important.

“Wha Ellis, have you not been keeping up with the news about any of this?” Erica asked with an incredulous look on her face.

“That’s just like you Ellis. The coolest thing to ever happen is going on and you just sleep right through it.” Emilly laughed at me as if I was some kind of clown.

“Cool?! How is this “Cool”? We're all going to turn into freaks!!” Elly said, losing her temper again.

“Can one of you explain what happens when you die in the game please?” I asked them even though I already had a sneaking suspicion of what they were going to say.

“Ellis don’t play the game anymore they say if you die in the game now you die for real.” Erica casually confirmed my suspicions.

“I see. Well I suppose that does make a certain kind of sense seeing how the game is now merging with the real world and all.” I said with more calmness than I felt.

“Oh it makes sense does it. How lovely. But how does that help with this current situation?!” Elly said, freaking out again.

“Geez Elly calm down it’s not like Ellis can even do anything about this any way.” Emilly said as she rolled her eyes at Elly.

“Well he better do something! It’s his fault that we're all going to turn into a bunch of freaks!!” Elly practically screamed.

“Well what do you want me to do about it? It not like I can prevent the fucking shift myself.” I said starting to get annoyed.

“I want you to take responsibility for setting us up to turn into a bunch of freaks.” Elly said. Why’s she harping on about me turning her into a freak anyway? If memory serves, she's the one that decided to play a human woman. If anything it would just change her face slightly if she changes into her game character.

“If your game character bothers you so much Why don’t you just delete it and the game then?” I asked her while trying to not snap at her. God I should've stayed in bed.

“I already tried that the game is not letting me delete my character or the game itself from my account.” Elly said, calming down a little.

“Oh then did you try changing your character in game?” I asked. “You can change your character in game?” They all said in unison.

Majorden Facts:
Drawbacks: Drawbacks are a negative trait that can be taken in Majorden shift in order to buy boons and abilities without having to pay the experience point cost for them. This is useful as the experience point cost for buying such things increases for each boon you receive and for every level in an ability or stat that you possess.

4