[Prologue part 4: Fay’s Words]
72 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I yawned.

"Good morning, Master," someone greeted me.

I was about to say "who's there?" but then I saw Fay.

Oh yeah, she was my first successful creation, right?

"Fay... What happened during my sleep?" I asked her. Somehow, I'm a bit natural at this.

"I created a universe. Aside from that, not much."

Oh, created a universe huh? That was unexpected- wait, WTF?!!!

"I see," Thankfully, I was able to keep my poker face. That could've been bad. "Was it... Fun?"

...

Why am I asking this? 

"It was very fulfilling master," she said respectfully, with a small smile on her face.

Out of curiosity, I checked her status to see what was up and oh boy, ain't she a living bomb.

Name:

Fay 

Age:

1873196218e 

Race:

High god 

Titles:

unknown God, apocalypse, Supreme god, highest order, nigh-omniscient.

Faith:

27638876 

Followers:

Law:

Birth 

Points:

976291853 

Skill points

Name:   
              

Fay                            

Strength:

1286586218e 

Speed:

2928297491e 

Intelligence:

400018847

Magical power(mana):

1723391111e 

Points:

976291853

She grew stronger.

Welp, can't help it. Looking at her age, it would've been a shame if she wasn't this strong.

Even then, I'm a bit curious what kind of world she developed.

"Can I... Take a look at the universe you created?" I asked.

"If it's my master's wish."

"Don't talk to me as if your a servant. Treat me as an equal. After all, I did create you to be a friend of mine."

She nodded and stood up from her bowing position as if she wasn't surprised at all.

This might be the result of her skill, hyperspeed comprehension.

She then reached out her hand and invoked a mirror. 

It was designed with a dragon surrounding it. That wasn't the impressive part. The one that stood out the most is the reflection the mirror is making.

It's the whole image of the universe she created. Galaxies and celestial bodies were present but what stood out the most was one of the most surprising plot twists in my life.

They have spaceships now?

In some parts of the universe, spaceships and man-made objects stood out the most. Perhaps I'm in a far-future type of fantasy.

I also see some robots, terraformed planets, and so much more. Honestly, even for sci-fi, this is too much.

"Fay, how did they evolve into this?" 

"Well, I left them alone for roughly 6 aeons. With the help of the world tree, the process might have become faster," she stated rather excitingly. "Sadly, their growth was stunned several times because of their heavy reliance on magic. They weren't able to explore other things and just focused on magic."

That's rather amusing. So magic can have this effect too huh?

"What's more, their selfish goals, wars, and beliefs contributed to this problem quite heavily. There was also a problem with the demon king wiping out most of life.

"Thankfully, they never stopped evolving. After some time, they used their magic to make many breakthroughs in other aspects of life, even then, I reckoned that their progress would've been faster if they have no access to magic."

I see. This seems to be more complicated than I thought it would be.

Even in my old world, these things are a problem. If all humanity became one, I presume they could've handled famine, diseases, and natural disasters more effectively. 

Human nature is so complicated.

"Fay," I called her.

"Are you proud of your creation?" I tested her. 

"Yes," yet she answered it almost immediately.

"My creations might be flawed. But that's what makes them unique. Those flawed parts of them are the empty room that they need to fill. There is always room for growth. Once they did that, they will find their life fulfilling and precious," she stops for a second. 

"They are what they make themselves. Their paths are the choice of their own. Not their relatives, friends, or comrades. At the end of the day, even if they are forced to, they will make decisions, even imperfect ones, and those decisions will hone them, forge them, and will make them who they are. It's rather beautiful.

"Many times I could've restarted the whole universe because of several reasons but I didn't. I wanted to see If they can flourish again to their former glory and every time they did, I became happy.

"It's like watching a child grow up. They will face problems and when they solve them on their own, a sense of pride and joy surges within me. 

"What's more, their different personalities, opinions, beliefs, moral code, emotions, traits, quirks, and everything... The fact that I manage to create this all is nothing short of a miracle.

"This is my answer and I'll not change it otherwise."

I guess she took my words for granted huh?

I'm glad she doesn't treat me as her master anymore but holy cow that's too much for me. Honestly, I lost it halfway.

Even then, I gave an understanding nod as if she passed on a random test.

"It wouldn't be fair if I'm the only one that keeps asking questions. You can ask me anything you want," I said just so that I could lift half the burden of not listening to her halfway through.

"then... Why did you create me?"

Hmm, what a weird question. I wonder why?

"Well, it's because I wanted a companion. Will that do?"

"I want the real reason," she says with determination.

The real reason you say? 

"It might be too shallo-"

"It's okay. I just need the reason."

...

Sigh 

"Well, fine then," I admitted. "The reason why I created you is simply because of boredom. No deep meanings, no metaphors, no nothing. You were only created because of my whims."

...

"I understand."

Instead of her usual instant reply, she thought for a second about this one.

I'm also quite a bit surprised as well. I was expecting much more but to be this understanding... Just how much of a monster did I create?

________________________________________________

[POV- Fay]

My master woke up.

At first, I was nervous. 

I don't know my master that much after all. But the more I understand him, the more I came to realize that he is just like one of my creations.

When he asked if creating a universe was fun, I smiled and said that it was fulfilling.

Not much until later, he asked a similar question. He asked if I'm proud of my children.

Of course, I immediately said yes.

That's when I ran my mouth saying all of the reasons why I'm proud. He seems to have enjoyed my ranting and gave an understanding nod.

Maybe because of that, he granted me one chance to ask a question, and what I asked was simple.

"Why did you create me?"

"Well, it's because I wanted a companion. Will that do?"

Liar. I'm connected to you, master. Even if you lie in the face of me, I will always know if you're honest or not. 

"I want the real reason."

"It might be too shallo-"

"It's okay, I just needed the reason," even if it is something so unbelievable if he would not lie, then I will accept it.

"sigh," he said in exasperation. "The reason why I created you is simply because of boredom. No deep meanings, no metaphors, no nothing. You were only created because of my whims."

Silence.

Silence for a full second. I tried to decipher the meaning of his words but that's just escaping reality. 

He said he just created me to not feel bored.

If I'm not connected to him, I would've assumed that he just views me as entertainment but that's different now.

My master's feelings, a sense of relief and guilt? Did he feel guilty because he lied? Or did he feel guilty because of a shallow reason? Either way, it seems that it's to the point that he wants to ask for forgiveness. If that's the case, then it's fine.

If he knows what he's doing then it should be fine. He feels guilt, just like my creations. He feels a sense of relief, just like my creations. And he feels emotions, just like me.

Thank you for being honest.

"I understand."

0