The Operations Part 1
274 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Here had an early bonus chapter.

Author Note: This is a kind of !!!CRACKISH!!! Fanfiction. I don't own Marvel and DC, nor I am some sort of loremaster. 

I only writing this for fun nor I am British.

 ----------------------------------------

(♪ Sicario Soundtrack - The Beast ♪)

Gotham City.

The radio tower near The Old Factory.

2 hours later.

"EMP Drone Deploy."

"Commencing Operation Diamond Dog."

(Telepathy)

The Old Factory looked just as derelict and abandoned as the map had suggested, but I knew better. With my Telepathy, I could feel the mind of at least 40 to 60 people inside that factory, and about 90% of the mind I sense were violent, cruel, and dangerous. The other 10% were likely hostages or innocents caught up in the criminals' schemes.

Putting down the binoculars, I then Take out multiple small drones from my inventory and begin to do a reconnaissance of the area. Quintero began to guide the drones as they flew silently and discreetly, gathering intel on the number and location of the criminals inside the factory.

As I watched the drones feed on my phone, I noticed that about 50 armed men were scattered around the factory; there were 20 who were guarding the entrance and patrolling the outside perimeter of the factory. The rooftop was also heavily guarded by snipers, making it difficult to breach from above. There was also what seemed to be a tall and rusted Tower Crane but it looked as if there wasn't anyone on it.

Quintero whistled as he analyzed the information provided by the drones.

"That's a lot of Guard," he commented. "I don't think we can sneak our way through the patrol without being detected."

"Well it's a good thing that we are not planning on sneaking through," I replied, a smirk forming on my face. "We're going to go under them."

Suddenly The voices of Druuna came through my earpiece. "Temptress to actual, I located the tunnel entrance that you mentioned earlier. It's about 200 meters South of your current position."

"Rog Temptress, On the way..." I said, cutting the connection. Just as what looks like a triangle shape icon with the number 200 appears in my field of vision pointing towards the direction of the tunnel entrance.

"Handy..." I said to myself as I began to gear myself up. I took out a SIG MCX rifle 

chamber in 300 BLK, equipped with a suppressor, a Hybrid Holographic Reflex Red Dot Sight, and a green tac laser. I also took out my Beretta M9 pistol attached with a suppressor this time and holstered them beside my gas mask and my new Data Knife on my hips.

I took out the Data Knife and began to inspect it. This was the Data Knife from the Titanfall series that I had bought from the shop. It was a versatile tool, capable of hacking into electronic systems and disabling security measures. With this in hand paired with a UNSC smart AI, I would have a significant advantage in infiltrating the factory. Checking my inventory again, I have a lot of flashes and smoke grenades, along with frag grenades, enough C4 to blow up an airfield, and breaching charges of all kinds.

And you know what was surprising? It was very cheap to get all of these weapons and equipment from the Systems shop. It cost about 1000$ (except the Data knife which cost about 15000$) for all of it, which is a steal considering the quality and effectiveness of the items.

And finally, I open my stats system and check my classes.

===============================

(Fantasy)

Rogue - Your stealth and cunning make you a versatile fighter who can infiltrate enemy territory and gather intel.

Shadow Assassin - Your expertise in infiltration and assassination techniques, combined with your dark magic, make you a feared enemy.

Shadow Dancer - Your agility and stealth make you an ideal scout and infiltrator for stealth missions.

Healer - Your magical abilities to mend wounds and cure diseases make you an essential member of any party or group.

(Sci-fi)

Assassin - Your specialization in stealth and assassination techniques makes you a lethal opponent to any target.

Commando - Your extensive combat training and leadership skills make you a valuable asset in any mission.

Infiltrator - Your skills in espionage and sabotage enable you to infiltrate enemy territory and disrupt their operations.

Scout - Your agility and stealth make you a highly skilled reconnaissance specialist.

==============================

All of my classes are mostly focused on stealth and infiltration, which is perfect for this mission. But I will be honest... I don't like the class system, why you might ask?

Mostly because of the over 80 fucking classes you can choose from and some of the classes... seem to overlap or have similar abilities which is the reason why I have held off choosing anything for about a week now. Yes...Another thing to talk to Eon about...

You know what they said less is more, quality over quantity...

Anyway... Equipping this class has given me a 20% to 10% buff for each of the 6 stealth classes I have. So overall it was a 120% increase in my stealth and infiltration abilities with a 20% team cohesion efficiency and finally a healing class (but we talked about that later), which will definitely come in handy during this mission. I also am linked with Druuna telepathically so if anything goes wrong, she can contact me and we can regroup quickly.

Taking a deep breath, I then put on my helmet which has a built-in night vision and thermal imaging. With everything in place, I jumped down from the tall radio tower and landed (superhero style you could say) then began my way toward the tunnel entrance.

Then I hear the promiscuous beauty voice in my mind. *A question, handsome. Why can't we use the sling ring to get past the guards and enter the factory?*

*Is not subtle enough for my taste. Too flashy,* I replied, my thoughts transmitting to her through our telepathic link. *Besides, we don't want to alert them too early. We need to catch them off guard.*

*Ah... I see your point,* Temptress replied. *I was wondering if we really have to go through a dark smelly tunnel.*

*What? afraid of a little dirt and grime?* I teased her, a small smile forming on my face.

*No, just prefer to keep my clothes clean,* Temptress retorted with a playful tone. *Although... I wouldn't mind being completely nude around you handsome...*

"..."

*Bloody hell woman... we have children around,* I scolded Druuna, trying to hide my amusement. *Keep your thoughts to yourself.*

*Sorry, sorry,* Temptress chuckled. *I'll be a good girl and behave... for now.*

I shook my head with a smile, that woman someday was going to be the death of me. But for now, I had a mission to complete. And Speaking of the kid.

"How is the lassie doing Baywatch?"

"She's doing well," Quintero replied, "She is right here at the command corner observing the mission with us. She seems fascinated by the technology."

"Good, let's hope she doesn't get too curious," I said, chuckling. "Alright, let's get this show on the road."

After climbing over a fence and navigating through a few alleys, a few guards were patrolling around but I was able to sneak past them unnoticed. Finally, I arrived at the entrance of the tunnel, which was hidden behind a large dumpster.

"Temptress, I'm at the entrance where are you?"

"I'm right behind you, handsome..." The raven hair beauty replied with a smirk.

I turned around and saw her standing there, her tactical catsuit mended from our last spar. She also now wears a tactical vest like me that also carries some extra 5.7×28mm P90 mag and equipment like stun grenades or tear gas grenades. In her glove hand was her P90 with a laser and a suppressor and on her hips was a Glock 34 also with a suppressor, night stalker knife, and a gas mask. Druuna has her mask on covering half of her face, she has a pair of night vision goggles on her forehead and she has also put on her sunglasses just like me. Despite all of the gear she carried, she still looked alluring, with her raven hair that framed her pretty face, and her curvy body that could make any man drool. But strangely...

"What are you eating?" 

"Oh, this?" Druuna was taking a bite out of a piece of chocolate. "I found it in your kitchenette while getting some food for Cassandra and thought it would be a good snack."

"Anyway... is there any trouble getting here?" I asked her as I offered my fist to her.

"None at all," Druuna replied with a smirk as she put the piece of chocolate in her utility belt, and returned the fist bump, "Those guards were no match for me."

"Good, now help me move this dumpster," I said, gesturing to the large metal container that was blocking the entrance to the tunnel.

Together, Temptress and I pushed the dumpster aside, revealing the entrance to the tunnel. It was dark and smelled of mold and mildew, but I knew that this was the best way to enter the factory undetected.

"Alright this tunnel should lead us to the maintenance area of the factory," I said as I activated my night vision. "If mine and Baywatch's analyses are right, there should be a path that leads straight to the security room."

"Got it," Temptress replied as she pulled down and put on her night vision goggles. "Lead the way, handsome..."

We began to make our way through the tunnel, the only sound being the echoing of our footsteps. The darkness was suffocating, but with our night vision, we could see everything clearly.

*By the way you didn't tell me she was such a buxom bombshell...* Druuna commented through our telepathic link.

*Who do you... Oh…, you talking about the sleeping Kryptonian clone we had in the lab, are you...* I replied with raised eyebrows. 

*Yep, she's hot,* Druuna confirmed with a chuckle. *After I was done checking Cassandra I got a bit curious and did a quick peek of the pods. And let's just say that I was pleasantly surprised.*

*Jesus women...Well Speaking of Galatea I have going to need your assistance with her,* I said, my thoughts serious. *I have a feeling that she might be a valuable asset to our team, but later... Right now we have a mission to focus on.*

*Understood, handsome....* Druuna replied, all business. *Just let me know when you need me.*

We continued to walk through the tunnel, the sound of our footsteps echoing through the empty space. As we got closer to the end of the tunnel, we saw what looked like a ladder leading up to a small hatch.

"Looks like this is our way out," I said, pointing to the ladder. "Temptress, you go first. I didn't sense any mind near the hatch, but still watch out for any Cam and be ready for anything."

Druuna nodded and began to climb up the ladder, her movements silent and graceful.   Once she reached the top, she pushed open the hatch and peeked outside. After a moment, she motioned for me to follow. I climbed up the ladder and joined her, looking around to get my bearings.

We were in a dimly lit maintenance room, filled with various tools and equipment. The room was empty, but I could hear faint voices coming from the other side of the door.

"We're close," I whispered to Temptress. "The security room should be just down the hall."

We moved silently through the hallway, sticking to the shadows and avoiding any potential guards. There were many blind spots that the camera couldn't cover, giving us an advantage in our infiltration. As we approached the security room, I could hear the sounds of multiple voices and the flickering of screens.

(Security Grunt LV28)

(Security Grunt LV31)

(Security Grunt LV28)

(Security Grunt LV32)

"Alright," I whispered to Temptress, " I can sense about 4 minds inside the security room. We'll have to take them out quietly and quickly. I'll take the 2 on the left, you take the 2 on the right. Ready?"

Temptress nodded, her eyes focused and determined. We moved closer to the security room door, our footsteps silent as we prepared to strike. With a nod, we burst through the door, surprising the guards inside.

With two pulls of the trigger of my suppressed SIG MCX rifle, I took down the two guards on the left, their bodies falling to the ground silently as Temptress swiftly dispatched the guards on the right with her suppressed P90. The room fell into silence as the guards were taken out without alerting anyone else.

"Clear!"

"Lock the door!"

After locking the door to the security room, we quickly moved to secure the room, ensuring there were no other threats. I then took out my data knife from my hip and stabbed it into one of the computers and allowed Quintero complete unrestricted access to the security system.

"Now Baywatch, your show. I want eyes on every inch of this factory," I said, my voice low and determined.

"Roger that, boss dude," The surfer AI replied through the earpiece. "I'm tapping into the security cameras now."

The screens in the security room flickered to life, displaying multiple angles of the factory. Quintero's expertise allowed him to quickly navigate through the feeds, giving us a comprehensive view of the entire facility.

I counted about 15 guards patrolling different areas of the factory, including the entrance, the rooftop, and various hallways, a meth lab (looks like the one from breaking bad) with some thugs-looking guy or criminal wearing a gas mask operating it. Some of them looked like they were taking some kind of break, judging by the deck of cards all laid on the wooden Cable reel that the gangster was using as a makeshift table. All of them were seen to be carrying assault rifles and sidearms, and a few of them had body armor. 

I then sense a flash of anger throughout our telepathic link. Turning to glance at Druuna I saw her looking at another monitor and she looked visibly angry and disturbed. The screen in front of her shows a room filled with cages, each holding a nude, terrified, and malnourished individual. Some were bound and gagged, while others were huddled in the corners, their eyes filled with fear. Most of the victims are women and children.

"Temptress? Are you alright?" I asked, concern evident in my voice.

Druuna took a deep breath, her eyes filled with determination.

"I'm fine..." she replied, her voice shaky at first but then became steady. "But we need to get those people out of there. We can't let them suffer any longer."

I nodded in agreement. "Look...I know this is difficult, but we have to stay focused on the mission. We'll rescue those hostages and find out who is behind this criminal operation. I can promise you that. But we need to be smart about it. We can't rush in blindly and risk the lives of the hostages. We do this carefully and methodically, ensuring their safety above all else."

Druuna took a deep breath, steadying herself. "You're right... We have a job to do. Let's focus on completing the mission and saving those people."

"Good effort, Temptress. I know this is not an easy situation, but we will do everything we can to bring an end to this criminal operation and rescue the hostages. Now, let's continue with the mission. Baywatch, have you gotten any intelligence from the computer yet?" 

"Not much sir..." The UNSC smart AI replied, his voice filled with frustration. "This security system isn't connected to whatever server they have. I can't access any files or databases. It seems to be a closed system, with limited connectivity."

I sighed, realizing that we wouldn't be able to gather much information from the security room. But that wouldn't deter us from completing our mission.

"If I have to hazard a guess, the main server is likely located at the office, probably where the boss of the operation is," Quintero suggested. "It would make sense for them to keep their most valuable information and data in a secure location."

"Agreed," I replied, nodding. "We'll have to make our way to the office and retrieve whatever information we can find. But first, we need to rescue those hostages."

I scanned the security feeds again, noticing a room labeled "Holding Cells" on one of the screens. It was likely where the hostages were being kept. There seem to be about 3 guarding the area, 2 outside the reinforced doors and one inside. With my Telepathy, I could detect the emotion of fear, desperation, and hopelessness emanating from the hostages.

No sign of this special HVT.

"Alright, Temptress, we need to come up with a plan to rescue the hostages," I said, my voice filled with determination.

The raven hair beauty nodded, her eyes focused. "We need to take out the guards quietly and efficiently. We can't afford to raise any alarms."

"Hmm... I may have a plan," I spoke up, a mischievous smile forming on my face. "Since we have been able to take over their camera. We could probably use the sling ring without the guards noticing. We can portal behind them and take them out silently."

Temptress raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "That's a risky move, but it could work. We just need to make sure we time it right and coordinate our movements."

I nodded, my mind already formulating a plan. "Here's what we'll do. I portal you behind the guard inside the holding cells and take him out silently. I take care of the guards outside the reinforced doors. Once the guards are down, we'll free the hostages, secure the area, and portal them to a safe location outside the factory. Quintero, keep an eye on the security feeds and let us know if you see any changes in the guards' movements."

"Got it, boss dude," Quintero replied, his voice filled with determination. "But while we are on the topic... We still haven't had confirmation of who is the mastermind behind this whole operation or where this individual is. Any leads on that?"

I frowned, realizing that we still had no information on the mastermind behind the criminal operation. It was a missing piece of the puzzle that needed to be solved.

"Hmm... Just a wild guess here but it might be one of Black Mask lieutenants," I suggested. "From what I could glean with my telepathy from the gang of thugs, their boss is always seen hiding his or her face behind a mask."

"Black Mask?" Baywatch questioned, his tone confused. "But from what we know and gathered here, in the DC Lore, everyone who joins False Face Society has to wear a mask, but from what we see in the security feeds, these criminals don't seem to be wearing masks."

I pondered the blonde AI's words, realizing that he had a point. The criminals in the factory didn't seem to follow the typical modus operandi of the False Face Society. But at the same time, I know I can't rely on my meta-knowledge alone and that some things CAN be completely different from the comic and other media(I.E. what is going on with Cassandra).

"It could be a proxy, someone working on behalf of Black Mask," Drunna suggested. "Or perhaps there's another criminal organization involved, one that we haven't encountered before."

"That's a possibility," I agreed, considering the various scenarios. "But still our objective is clear, capture or kill the mastermind behind this operation regardless of their affiliation. Recover all of the Valuables or stolen goods and keep a lookout for this special HVT. We can gather more information as we progress through the mission."

The Temptress nodded in agreement. "We'll keep our eyes and ears open for any clues or leads. But right now, our priority is rescuing the hostages and neutralizing the guards. Let's focus on that first."

I took one final look at the security feeds, memorizing the layout of the holding cells and the positions of the guards. "Alright, let's do this. Temptress, get ready."

————————————————

  This story is free and if you want to donate to help a brother out. Here is me PayPal

7