The Operations Part 3
189 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note: This is a kind of !!!CRACKISH!!! Fanfiction. I don't own Marvel and DC, nor I am some sort of loremaster. 

I only writing this for fun nor I am British.

 ----------------------------------------

Gotham City.

The Old Factory.

The Air Vent.

Gallahan POV.

Dust and particles were floating in the air as I crawled through the narrow air vent, my body contorting to fit the tight space. The sound of footsteps and chatter echoed from below, indicating that the convoy was getting closer. In front of me was Druuna, her shapely jiggling rear emphasized by her catsuit leading the way as she made her way through the air vent. I couldn't help but appreciate the view, even in this tense situation. 

*Enjoying the view Handsome...?* The promiscuous woman teased seductively and I could sense some sexual emotions… through our telepathic link.

I smirked and rolled my eyes at Druuna's teasing. *Maybe...But You are also enjoying this, aren't you?* I replied, my voice filled with playful innuendo.

The raven hair beauty chuckled softly, her voice echoing in my mind. *Perhaps I am, Handsome...*

We continued crawling through the air vent, the tension in the air thickening as we crawled toward the general direction of the warehouse area of the old factory where the HVT was being held. Then I put my fingers to my earpiece to contact Quintero.

"Baywatch, you copy?"

"Baywatch here, loud and clear. What's the situation, Boss Dude?"

"We are crawling through a vent, about to reach the rooftop near our next objective," I reported. "Have you gotten any positive ID on the incoming convoy?"

The UNSC smart AI's voice crackled through the earpiece. "Negative, Boss Dude. The drone feed is still a bit blurry, but I can see that the convoy has arrived at the factory. They're setting up a perimeter and getting ready to enter the building."

I frowned, the situation becoming more urgent. "What about our character tracking capability? Can you tell what DC villain or characters are currently in the convoy?"

Quintero paused for a moment before responding. "Yes, Only one that we know of sir, but the other... They are either new characters we haven't seen before or lesser-known ones that have rarely been in comic books or other media. Our character tracking is good but is not perfect. It doesn't cover all of the lesser-known or newly introduced characters. We'll have to rely on our own knowledge and instincts to identify them."

"Copy that, Baywatch," I replied, my mind already racing to piece together the puzzle."What are the one characters?"

"One Victor Zsasz." I nodded, recognizing the names. Victor Zsasz is a sadistic serial killer who carves tally marks into his own body for each of his victims. Who is also an enforcer of the Black Mask confirming that somehow he is involved with this whole operation. Both were dangerous individuals, but nothing we couldn't handle.

"Keep an eye on them, Baywatch. Let us know if they make any moves or if any other characters are identified." 

"What about the HVT?" Druuna interrupted. "Who is the HVT being kept up in that container?"

"Hold one..." I relayed the question to Quintero. There was a brief pause before he responded. "Boss! The HVT is an Amazon warrior. She goes by the name of... Artemis."

"An Amazon warrior?" The raven hair femme fatale interjected and I can tell her interest was piqued. "Ohh, mama...This is getting more interesting..."

The salacious woman said the last part with such a purr that I can't help but roll my eyes. *Focus, Druuna,* I replied through our telepathic link. *We need to stay focused on the mission. Artemis is our objective, and we need to extract her safely.*

The seductress chuckled softly. *Of course, Handsome... But a little excitement never hurt anyone.*

Then we eventually reached the end of the air vent. With careful and stealthy movements, we opened the vent cover and climbed out onto the rooftop and Into the darkness. The night sky stretched above us, the only light coming from the dimly lit street lamps below.

We spotted what looked like two guards who were both holding a sniper's rifle. Thankfully they were too focused on their task to notice us. I motioned for Druuna to take the guard on the left, while I silently approached the guard on the right. With the data knife in my hand, I swiftly moved behind the guard and stabbed the blade against his throat silently and efficiently, taking him down. Druuna did the same with the other guard, her night stalker knife embedded into his throat, her movements fluid and precise. 

We dragged their bodies to a hidden spot on the rooftop, ensuring that they wouldn't be discovered. With the guards neutralized, we had a clear view of the area below. The convoy was parked just outside the entrance of the factory, and armed men were setting up a perimeter around the building.

I spotted what looked like three armored vehicles of some kind with a gun turret mounted on the top. They were heavily guarded, with armed men positioned around them. It was clear that this was no ordinary convoy. These were definitely military-grade vehicles(Probably an APC) of some kind, indicating that whoever was inside meant business.

"Let's move," I ordered, spotting what looked like a skylight on the roof of the warehouse.

We then vaulted over the railing and landed quietly on the rooftop of the warehouse. After putting up our night vision, we then approach the window carefully, peering inside to assess the situation. The warehouse was dimly lit, with crates and boxes stacked haphazardly. In the center of the room, a large container stood, presumably holding the HVT, Artemis.

I turned to Druuna, our eyes meeting with a shared determination. "We need to get inside that container and extract Artemis," I whispered. "But we need to be cautious. There could be more guards inside."

The raven hair beauty nodded but before we could make our move, the door inside the warehouse opened and permitted a group of armed men both normal looking and advanced to enter and form a perimeter. These men look to be more equipped than the guard in the factory, indicating that they were likely part of a specialized security team. They were armed with advanced weapons and wore what looked like an Exo-Suit like the one we found in the cache.

(Special Exo Trooper LV44)

(Special Exo Trooper LV45)

(Special Exo Trooper LV42)

(Special Exo Trooper LV52)

(Special Exo Trooper LV49)

(Special Exo Trooper LV47)

They moved with precision and purpose, clearly trained for this kind of operation. It seemed like they were expecting trouble. We watched as they surrounded the container, their guns at the ready. It was clear that they were taking extra precautions to ensure the HVT's security. This meant that our extraction would be even more challenging.

Then Two more people enter the warehouse, and one of them is clearly Victor Zsasz with his visible scar but the other is most likely the mastermind behind this operation. The mastermind was a tall figure dressed in a sleek black suit, his face concealed by a silver mask that glinted in the dim light.

(The Orchestration LV99)

(Victor Zsasz LV 94)

"Bollock... I can't see what they are saying." I muttered frustrated. They are standing at such an angle that I can't read their lip movements and I can't send in the drone to get closer without risking detection.

We then see the mastermind who I now know is named The Orchestration then walk to the container holding the HVT with the Black mask enforcers in tow. The Orchestration turned to order the Exo-Troopers to open the container. Then the two of them enter the container, leaving the Exo-Troopers outside to stand guard. The container door closed behind them, leaving us with limited visibility of what was happening inside.

"I have a plan but we need to move quickly," I whispered to Druuna, my eyes locked on the container. "Do you still have your gas mask with you?"

"Yes, I do," Druuna replied, her voice filled with anticipation. "What's your plan, Vagabond?"

"Here." I took out multiple breaching charges from my inventory and handed them to Druuna. "We're going to hit them from two angles. I want you to plant these charges on the window up here and I rappel down another side of the warehouse and plant another more powerful breaching charge on the wall. Once the charges are set, you detonate your first and toss your tear gas, and flash-bang through the broken window. Both the Flashbang and The tear gas will disorient the guards and create a distraction, giving me a chance to hit them again with another charge and creating a breach in the wall. Once the breach is created, I will enter the warehouse and provide cover fire while you locate and extract Artemis. We need to move swiftly and silently to minimize the risk of the guards raising an alarm. Sounds like a good plan, Temptress?"

Druuna nodded, offering me a fist bump which I reciprocated in kind. I took out a rope from my inventory and handed it to Druuna. "Here, use this rope for rappelling down from the top, locate and secure the HVT, and I will make my way through the breach and provide covering fire, got it?"

With the plan in motion, I took out another rope from my inventory and tied it securely to a sturdy beam on the rooftop. I then strap in and rappel down the side of the warehouse, making sure to stay out of sight of the guards below. Meanwhile, Druuna carefully planted the charges on the window, ensuring that they were securely attached. 

"Boss." The blonde AI interrupted through the earpiece as I hung from the side of the wall and began planting chargers. "Drone spotted another vehicle headed towards the factory."

"What kind of vehicle?" 

"It looks like another one of the APC. It's similar to the ones already parked outside the factory. It's moving fast, ETA 5 minutes." Quintero replied, "But there is another thing... It looks like there is another character in that vehicle."

"Who is it?" I inquired my hand gripping the rope and momentarily stopping my descend 

"Another Amazonian goes by the name Akila, Boss. And If I had to make an educated guess this woman probably has also been captured like Artemis,"

"Another Amazon?" The raven hair femme fatales chimes in through the communication. She sounds almost excited. And I can sense the intrigue radiating through our telepathic connection.

"Focus Temptress." I reminded her sternly. "Has the charge been set?"

"Sorry... The charges are almost set and ready to go," The raven hair beauty replied. "But what should we do about the incoming vehicle?"

After a moment of mulling over and considering all of our options, I know from my decent meta-knowledge about DC Lore that both Artemis and Akila are from Bana-Mighdall, or the City of Women, which was a city-state in Egypt. It was inhabited by a faction of Amazons, thereafter known as the Amazons of Bana-Mighdall. After the destruction of the Themysciran city-state by the armies of Herakles, a group of Amazons led by Hippolyta's sister Antiope renounced the Gods of Olympus to seek vengeance on the men who had tricked and vanquished their people. After the death of Antiope, this "lost tribe" of Amazons settled in the deserts of Egypt, founding the city-state of Bana-Mighdall. And I also know that both Artemis and Akila were lovers once before but back to the matter at hand. Now, I have an idea as to why Lady Artemis is here in Gotham of all places. But Akila... She was supposed to be dead.

"Let's wait and see but be readied on my command," I replied to Druuna. "We need to focus on our current objective and extract Artemis. And If either Lady Akila is indeed captured like Lady Artemis or something more sinister is going on, we'll deal with it,"

"Copy, charges are set and ready to go," Druuna confirmed, her voice filled with determination. "Just give the signal, Handsome man."

"Roger that, I'm almost done with mine,"

After a couple of minutes of planting more charges and securing them in place, I finally finished setting up the breaching charges on the warehouse wall. I heard a commotion and banging sound, followed by what sounded like some curses from inside the warehouse. Carefully and stealthily, I repositioned myself on the rope and wall, pulling my night vision up so I could peer into the window on the side of the warehouse to see what was happening inside. 

I see a tall, muscular, and beautiful woman with fair skin, red hair, and green eyes. It looks like she wears some sort of red and black costume that resembles a gladiator's armor that accentuated her curvaceous and yet toned physique but Her costume looks to be in a state of disarray revealing some of the contours of her naked flesh underneath, the armor-like fabric torn in several places, thankfully barely revealing her nipples and shaven sex. Both of the red-headed Amazon's hands were behind her back and seem to be locked in some sort of specialized handcuffs that were designed for superhuman like her and the same goes for her leg. There were two exo-guards holding onto her, restraining her as she struggled against them. Her eyes were filled with determination and defiance, and I could sense the strength and power radiating from her.

(Artemis LV 187)

"Artemis..." I muttered. 

Then the red-headed Amazon was made to sit down on a chair in front of her captors. The Orchestration stood in front of her, his silver mask reflecting the dim light of the warehouse. Victor Zsasz stood beside him, his scarred face twisted into a sadistic smile. I watched as The Orchestration spoke to Artemis, his voice low and menacing. From my vantage point, I couldn't make out the words, but I could see the anger and frustration in Artemis' eyes. She was a warrior, a fierce and formidable opponent, and she was not one to be taken lightly. 

As I continued to observe, the door of the warehouse burst open once again, and there came another tall woman. She had Black hair and eyes and she also wore gladiator armor but she was blue and gold instead of red and black and was seen to be in the same stages as Artemis unfortunately showing off her naked sex and toned physique underneath her armor. Both Her hand and feet have also been covered in specialized handcuffs and leg restraints and it appears they have also gagged her. She was being carried by two other exo-guards, her body limp but she looked to be in and out of consciousness.

(Akila LV 180)

"Akila..." I muttered again, my mind racing with questions. How did they capture her? What was their plan for these Amazonian warriors? And what was The Orchestration's endgame? And please for the love of god, they aren't going to do what I think they would do…

The guard then carried the unconscious Akila to another chair facing Artemis, securing her next to her wide-eyed fellow Amazon. The Orchestration stood between them, a smug smile on his face as he observed his captives. Victor Zsasz stood by his side, his sadistic nature evident in his eyes. Artemis' once strong and defiant gaze was now wide with concern and a hint of fear.

The Orchestration then walks in the circle around Artemis and he seems to be taunting her, his voice low and mocking. From my vantage point, I couldn't hear the words, but I could see the anger and frustration building in Artemis' eyes. She was a warrior, a fierce and formidable opponent, and it was clear that The Orchestration was trying to break her spirit. But she refused to give in. Her jaw clenched, and her eyes burned with determination. Seeing that his efforts were not yielding the desired result, The Orchestration suddenly raised his hand, and one of the exo-guards delivered a powerful blow to Artemis' gut, causing her to double over in pain. Akila, who was starting to regain consciousness, let out a muffled cry through the gag, her eyes widening with concern for her fellow Amazon. The Orchestration then gives a nod to Zsasz who smiles wider before pulling out a gun and pressing it to Akila's temple, threatening her life. 

"Now..." I ordered, having seen enough as I put away my glasses and put on my gas mask. "Detonate the charges."

Without hesitation, Druuna pressed the button on the detonator, causing the charges to explode simultaneously. The window shattered, and smoke and debris filled the air. Then I saw from the shattered window on top of the warehouse multiple flashes and gas grenades being thrown into the warehouse. The guards inside were disoriented, their vision impaired by the smoke and flashes.

"My turn..."

I then swing myself away from the wall of the warehouse house with my suppressed SIG MCX at my hip aimed and ready before pressing the detonator. Everything moves in slow motion as my finger presses the button and the breaching charge detonates, creating a hole in the wall of the warehouse.

With a pull of the trigger, the .300 BLK rounds from my SIG MCX rifle start flying toward the guards, hitting multiple in the head and piercing through all of their armor. The guards fall to the ground, their bodies lifeless. The remaining guard takes cover behind a crate, returning fire in my direction. I quickly move to a different position, using the chaos and smoke to my advantage. 

Then I hear a whirring sound and see one of the Troopers with the Exo-skeleton jump up high in the air, aiming to land on me. Reacting quickly, I roll out of the way, narrowly avoiding the impact. I take aim and fire at the Exo-Trooper, targeting the weak spots in its armor. The bullets penetrate, causing the Trooper to stagger and fall to the ground.

The other Exo-Trooper also began to jump high up with their rifle aiming at me and letting out a hail of gunfire. I dive for cover, a couple of rounds hitting me but thanks to my hybrid Czarnian Physiology, I am able to withstand the impact and even able to regenerate quickly, my body healing rapidly, allowing me to return fire with renewed determination. I take aim at the Exo-Troopers, aiming for their exposed joints and weak points. With precise shots, I disable their armor, causing them to lose their advantage.

As the smoke begins to clear, I see Druuna dropping down from the shattered window, gracefully landing on the ground. She moves with speed and agility, her suppress P90 at the ready. With deadly accuracy, she takes out the remaining guards, her shots hitting their marks without hesitation. The guards fall one by one, their bodies littering the warehouse floor.

The Orchestration and Victor Zsasz are nowhere to be seen but it is seen that the entire factory was now all in chaos, alarms blaring and lights flashing. The situation escalated quickly, and it was clear that our presence had been detected. Then Drunna's voice crackles through our communication.

"Both the HVT and Akila have been secured, Vagabond," Druuna reported, her voice filled with satisfaction. "Both of them are a little shaken up, but they're physically unharmed."

"Roger that's on my way to you," I replied, my heart pounding with a mix of relief and adrenaline. But I know that We are not out of the woods yet. We needed to regroup and get Artemis and Akila to safety.

(Objective completed: Extract and Rescue the hostages and special HVT)

————————————————

This story is free and if you want to donate to help a brother out. Here is me PayPal

4