chapter 1
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Old devil Walking through the familiar scary road covered with dark with only moonlight to lead the road, listening to 'I'm not her' by Clara Mae remembering all my day. It's not too safe to walk on the road alone when you're still a teenager around 18 years old, but I'm used to it and the same dark road that left me with trauma. Going to school and managing a part-time job, taking care of your baby siblings when your parents are away, it's a tiring life when all your friends go to picnics and enjoy their holidays, here I'm going with 2 part-time jobs and need to take care of my younger siblings. I'm not complaining about my family, they can provide me with food, and clothes, and did I mention that my parents are rich? Well, their hard work made them rich and I want to be like them, by myself without their help. I'm independent and I can earn. I want to give my siblings a happy life, and a happy childhood since I had to get mature from her other children. I walked in front of my Palace, it's not large nor is it too small, it's just the exact space for a family of 7 as my grandparents stay with us.

As soon I walked inside I was greeted by the warm smile of my grandma which is soon replaced with a worried one as she looked at the scars on my hand. I replied with an awkward laugh, before my grandma could open her mouth for lecturing me my little pumpkin interrupted with his cute little laughs while trying to escape for her arms to cuddle with me. 'Yeah I'm your favorite person in the world and your my savior'. I said in my mind. As if my grandma can do mindreading, Scarlet your not getting away this time, you're going to talk with me after little Pumpkin goes to sleep. I walked to my room while thinking of the excuses I could use this time, should I say I have fallen on the road while walking? Or a dog was trying to kiss me? No, I have already used these excuses.

After an hour I walked to the living room where my mom and my great devil(my grandma) were waiting for me. This meeting is not going to end soon. I sighed.

"Mind explaining what happened this time sweet." my mom asked me as soon I entered her sight.

"Maybe it's a wild dog or still tried by walking on the road. She may even slip on the banana peel." my grandma gave her sarcastic reply proving her inner devil is still not old yet.

She used my excuse, I thought of saying I tripped on a banana peel. Now I need to find a new one. I mumbled.

''I'm not going to slide this issue sweet it's as if you're having an unlucky charm every Friday."

'It's not my unlucky charms but a result of my bike rising and boxing competition.' I wish I could reply to that but what should I do, if I say my thoughts aloud I'm sure they won't even let me step out of the house.

" I guess what you said is right mom, I may be having an unlucky charm every Friday. I will be careful next time."

"Mind explaining how you got hurt this time?" my mom asked me in a dark voice, but it doesn't affect me, almost all girls are immune to their mummy's scary tone. It doesn't work on me mummy, even if it's my thought I didn't raise it. I even made an act of an innocent girl who is feared by her mom.

"Mommy...... I was walking back home from my friend's house today... And then and then a wild black cat jumped in front of me out of nowhere I was running away from it and ran my leg on. A banana peel and fell."

"What happened next? Did the cat turn into a girl wearing a white frock with her hair covering her face? Little devil, you have already used that excuse when you were learning boxing from that hot guy Alex." My old devil has spoiled all my excuses again. I have her an icy glare but soon my glassy blue eyes turned innocent ones when my mom looked at me.

" If it's your u-luck charm then you can stay in the house every Friday, I'll talk with your teacher about this." my mom said not buying my excuse.

"Mommy it won't happen next time, I promise you. Take your words back. I'll fight with that unlucky charm and keep myself safe."

"I hope you keep your promise sweety, this is your last chance next time I'll stay by my words." with that said my mom went to her room, she may be doing her paper works. Did I say my parents are workaholics and we are rich? But that doesn't mean I'm rich, the money I earn will make me rich and no one can stop me from it. I walked to my room more like running, from the next time I need to be careful about what I do so I can't even get hurt. This is going to be hard. I sighed. Guessing how I got my arm swollen? I go biking racing and boxing competitions with my bestie Alex. It's our BFF's secret and it's my favorite thing to do. Every Friday we have our BFF time to spend and neither of us will miss this. Changing into my favorite cozy pj's I slipped into my comfy bed. I'm going to sleep.

'Well, that's what you thought my brain mocked.

I indeed have a sleeping issue and crackers. I'm fighting to overcome it, the day is coming soon maybe that's why my nightmares are starting again. With great difficulty pushing all my thoughts, I closed my eyes but again I heard the same angelic voice which I heard a year ago.......

.

.

. "Help me please."

0