Chapter 2: So I Doo Have Skills!
920 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So… after a moment of bawling my eyes out and realising I wasn’t the only one stuck in this hell of a forest….

Ugh…

You should’ve seen my crying face! I mean… why? 

Well… I wouldn’t call myself pretty, but y’know… others do! Who wouldn’t want to see a pretty girl cry!?

Wait! I’m a guy! 

….Okay, seriously, though… I need to focus on survival and finding my sister. Those are the two goals I have in mind. You may also ask, “What about your friends?

Ugh… well… some of them died already, and I’d prefer not to grieve about it in this situation…. 

Anyways, I smeared myself in soil and mud—yes, I feel gross, but hey, if it increases my survival rate, then why not!? 

Ughh… I really don’t like this, though…. 

So, I began to look for my sister, of course… if I found her dead, I’d try to look for some other classmate as well, since we’d have a better chance of surviving if we stuck together… well, part of me also think I could use them as bait if it gets severe…. Hahaha… jokes… jokes…. m’kay? 

Gosh, I’m evil…. 

And after having some evil thoughts, I looked around the forest, crawling like the soldier I am! 

‘Sir, there is a beast at 3 o’clock.’ 

Pshh, Roger that!’  

…I don’t even have a clue what that means, but hey, it’s distracting nonetheless, amirite? I mean, I’d piss myself if I didn’t do these stupid commentaries for sure… and… well, they are some sort of coping mechanism, despite seeming psychotic in the process…. 

So… I snuck around and searched for water, and my sister, Julia….

I really hope she’s fine, I mean… she’s not the most reliable person, and I’m sure she’d be a handicap for me once I find her…. But… still…. She’s my sister, and Dad would kill me if we met in the afterlife…. 

I-It’s not like I care about her or anything! Hmpf! 

Whereas this is another world… don’t I have a system or some powers? 

….

Now that I think about it….

I didn’t get too tired running from that, uhh… ‘dogo…’ and I don’t consider myself that well trained to be honest—

| Name: Aska Igrav

Race: Human 

Skills: Technique blend

Passive skills: Cool beauty  

Unique skills: Eye of Concept 

Attributes: Water |

.Oh, great! Look at this! A system window! 

But… cool beauty!? What useless skill is that!? 

I-I mean… I’m flattered.

‘Blush…’ 

Okay… I know I’m more girly than my sister ahhahh, ahem… moving on, it seems like I can use water, like… I can manipulate and control water? And what the hell is [Eye of Concept]...? 

Hell… that’s cool! 

“......”

Ugh! Nooo, fight that 8th grader inside of you. You must! 

Okay, that aside… there is a skill called technique blend… I have no idea, but… it blends techniques? Like hell, I know techniques! This guy(me) hasn’t been to any martial arts. How am I supposed to know shit about combat!? 

Geez…

The one that created this system really made it half-assed, like… I can’t see any levels, or is there a concept of a level? Do I have mana? Is this a generic game-like, or does it have unique rules? 

Personally… I’d really like to see my progress and levels… you know… to help me get motivated by seeing actual numbers on a screen? 

Yeah… that’s what activates my monkey neurons! 

Ugh… 

Such a bad system design, dear lord! 

Anyways… do I activate these the same way I do the skill board? Just think about it…? Please don’t tell me I have to yell, “O great eye of concept, heed my call!” or something stupid along those lines…. 

….

Ugh… what? 

The… forest seems a little different—oooh! This is rather useful! 

I can see places I’ve been to and move around that area too! But… it doesn’t seem to be live as nothing is in motion….

Did I create a mental map by using this? 

Ah… but… I sooo feel dizzy…. 

Okay… so I don’t need to yell out some cringe line. Thank god for that! 

Still… was that my mana draining or, well, maybe not mana but some sort of energy? I only used it for a short instance, but… damn, I feel dizzy. 

Well… let’s see where that beast 3 o’clock went—Oh…

— :::: — 

‘Hhhaah haaaah’

Geez… I was too distracted looking through my skills, and that beast almost had me…. 

So uh… it’s soon night from the looks of it, and I'm fucked without any fire, like totally! 

Well… I need to focus on my own survival and then find my sister. I hope she’s alright… after all, she’s pretty clumsy…. 

Sorry, sis, I’ll look for you later since I need to find shelter and rest for now…. 

And by that, I mean I can make a base… by using my newly acquired agility, I can jump and parkour! Though… this stupid mud made me slip and faceplant on the ground since I was covered in it….

So then… I found myself a nice big tree, went to rip off some leaves, like… giant leaves to make myself a roof by stitching it together with veins, njyhihi~, my sewing hobby has its merits! 

I also gathered some stone to make myself a nice fireplace up there, and water… wasn’t a concern… I think. I just hope that I don’t get any strange side effects from drinking the water I can make…. 

Oh? Did I mention I can make water? 

Yeah…. When the beast chased me, I accurately threw water at its eyes and ears, and then I froze it. Though… by accuracy, I mean it took about 30 minutes for me to properly hit it while running…. 

It's hard, you know! And so… I managed to kill it by making it run into giant rocks, giving it a concussion! 

Hahaha! Dirty tactics did the job! 

B…but… I was scared… y’know? 

Anyways, now that I built this… hut? I need to make a fire…. Yes… you may ask, “Aska, you’re the water element. Fire you no make!” And you’d be right! 

I can do it the caveman way…. But… my pretty hands would get burses… you know? 

Okay, jokes aside, my hands are still shaking from fear and, ahahah, dread. 

Buuut! 

Tada! I sucked all the ‘water’ from this ‘stick’, and it's now ‘dry’. I then attached some of the flattest’s board—I mean rock so that I could propel it with water, making it spin. So by using some dry plants and pushing them down with a pretty smooth stone I found, I was able to make fire! 

Njyhihi~ I’m pretty clever, ain’t I? 

….

...Ahhhh! I’m so lonely…. I don’t want thiiiis~!” 

So… with me crying to sleep with some monster meat in my belly, I woke up having to visit the bathroom…. 

23