Chapter 4: Meeting Others! (Alive & Well)
533 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesterday's fiasco was something to be remembered, alright… I mean, she… just died in my arms. And well… thinking too deeply about it will only make me depressed…. 

So, this morning, I did the usual. I went around and searched for my lil sis, but honestly…. I kind of just want to get out of the forest already since she may be dead as well. 

I don’t want to sound like a killjoy, but… it feels almost impossible to find her. Although… it did give me some hope since I’ve found some people either dead, on the verge of death(and died) or dead in my arms….

‘Sigh…’

Honestly… can’t a man get a break? 

Still… I don’t quite get it. How am I alive? 

…I suppose my first encounter was pretty lucky, considering I almost died…. 

I… suppose that’s all that was needed… if I didn’t get that lucky, I’d probably end up beast food, but… it was also a wake-up call. Maybe that’s why so many died… they just didn’t realise things in time to actually take action….

It’s a pity, really…. 

And well… now that I mention monsters… I haven’t seen any, or well, they weren’t big and scary looking, they look like animals that are friendly as long as you don't disturb them…. 

Ahahha… imagine waking up on this side of the river instead—wait! Then!? 

If that’s the case, shouldn’t the survival rate over here be a lot higher? Like? A lot, lot higher? 

— :::: — 

Later that day, as I suspected. I found a bunch of girls in shallow water and playing around.

…I don’t think this is a good opportunity to approach them…I mean… they’re naked…. 

‘Sigh…’ 

I don’t know if my luck’s good or not, but… I found people! And I want to talk to them! 

Crack

….FFS…..

…..

You know… this branch thing is pretty typical, ain’t it? Accidentally making a sound while accidentally stumbling upon a bunch of naked women bathing…. 

My condolecence harem protagonists out there…! 

Who’s there!?” Someone screamed. 

…I had no choice, so… I went out of the bushes and held my hands up, showing them I wasn’t looking for a fight. 

…Well, this sucks…. 

Ah… umm… I’m not looking for trouble….” I said. 

After the girls saw me, they let their guard down a bit and got out of the water. 

“You’re so… dirty… ah… sorry about that… it must’ve been difficult….” one of the girls said as she approached me. 

…Don’t tell me…. 

Ah… well… sorry I had to stumble upon you guys while bathing… it’s just that you’re the first ones I found to be alive and lively….” I said, averting my eyes since… she not even covering herself. 

She smiled at me and gave me a hug, and she then started to pat my head. 

There, there… it must’ve been tough… oh, this may be a strange way to introduce myself… my name is Hilda, an assistant teacher. How about you? What class are you in?” 

…This… this is comfortning… I-I’ve worked so hard, staying alive! 

Tears ran down my face, making Miss Hilda stare at me in panic as she let me go. 

S-sorry! I did something you disliked, didn’t I?” 

I shook my head in response. 

‘Hic’ 

“...No, you didn’t… I… I was just so lonely these past days….” I said while the warm tears kept flooding out of my eyes. 

She hugged me again, saying, “there there…” and patting my head again. 

‘Hic’

Gosh… I’m crying like a baby, and the other girls are staring at me with pity in their eyes…. 

“...My name is Aska, class 2A and Julia’s brother….” I said.

In an instant, as I said that, the young teacher froze…. 

I-I see…” she said. “A-anyways… a-are you feeling better? I-in that case… I’d like to… get dressed….” she let go of me and had a flushed look. 

I smiled at her, feeling happy that she was the first one I really had a conversation with. 

Thanks, Miss!

“....” she paused a little before softly smiling back at me. 

“No worries, it’s a teacher’s job!” she said brightly. 

— :::: — 

After that incident, as the girls dressed, they told me to clean myself. They all had a pout on their face, saying, “It isn’t fair you saw us!” 

But Miss Hilda stepped in and scolded them, saying that it was an accident that I stumbled upon them. 

…Miss… I’m so happy you believed me! I won’t betray your trust! 

Well… I didn’t exactly undress since I just jumped in the water and started to make a stream around myself, washing away all the dirt and debris. I then got up and drained all the water from my clothes and hair. 

The girls, on the other hand, looked at me with bewilderment saying, “Wow!” and “That is so unfair!” 

….Oh!

I grinned and looked at them. 

“Want me to dry your hair as well?” I asked. 

So, with that, they let me off the hook for seeing them all naked—that was if I promised to teach the ones with water attributes to do what I just did. 

Later on the way back to their base, Miss Hilda started to speak to me.

“So… c-can I ask you to not mention that I hugged you like that to the others?  I-it wasn’t very teacher-like of me,” she said. 

I just gave her a nod and smiled. 

“I won’t, but… It made me incredibly happy that you did… I… I was lonely for the past days….” 

“...I see, so… your sister is Julia Igrav?” 

…! 

“Yes! How is she!?”

Miss Hilda smiled at me, seeing my excitement. 

“She’s doing great. She’s looking for you, and… well, she’s one of the most powerful people around,” she said. 

I feel relieved….

“I see. That’s great to hear. Where is she then?” 

“...She went to the other side of the river to look for you.” 

…..

....She’s doing what now?” 

I quickly turned around, and as I was about to sprint, Miss Hinda grabbed my hand. 

“Wait! Don’t do anything rash!” She said. “The other side is dangerous, and only Julia and some others are capable of surviving there. It would be rash for you to rush there and potentially miss her on the way! After all, Julia and the others always return in the evenings!” 

“I...I understand….” I replied, with my shoulders slumped. 

Good boy,” she said and patted my head, trying to cheer me up…. 

I will take her word for it, but… I am worried about Julia…. 

But Miss Hilda… I’m not some sort of lost puppy…..

This is what Hilda sensei looks like~ kinda....

     Hilda          Aska

man... playing around with A.I is kinda fun xD

15