Chapter 1:A funky entrance
804 6 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up from smelling colors is not an ideal way to do it. But what happened next was worse. Having 15 years' worth of memory pushed into your mind is not exactly the most painful thing I have ever felt. That goes to getting hit in the balls and then feeling your knees buckle in on themselves as a rush goes into your stomach. This feels more like someone is pushing their hand in my head and leaving something behind. It is not exactly painless it's just that you can feel every second of it like a spider or bug in your ear. It's there and mostly harmless but you feel it and know if it wants to it can crawl even deeper.

Of course, that very vast description probably isn't as interesting as what the memories contained. The life of one Jake Campbell or JC for short. Jake had it just like the rest of Night Citys Street rats. He was born as an unwanted consequence of a one-night stand between two people so whacked out of their minds they didn't know they were even going till one of them died of an overdose and tress on the body. When the cops finally showed up to take the corpse his mom was already long gone. 4 years later and Jake watched his mom be gunned down after trying to cheat her dealer out of having to pay. Being thrown to the streets after less than a week in an orphanage after not being able to bring in enough money from begging on the street like the other kids. Spending the next 11 years on the street with some ups but mostly downs until finally he just couldn't take it anymore after the death of his closest friends at the hands of some Tyger claw thugs. 

Honestly don't blame the kid, 15 years of hell on earth that final straw just broke the camel's back. But now I'm here and wondering what to do when the feeling came back. But different in that it was more of a feeling that I had 5 charges to use on whatever I want. And a name to go with them. Inspired Inventor. A pretty OP power that allows me to put charges into something. This then gives me the ability to use whatever knowledge I put the points into. Such as halo and mass effect, although it also seems that I can put points into specific types of tech. Like rail guns, but it only seems to make them more powerful or more efficient. 

Honestly, I don't know where to start. So just starting with where I began with looking at where Im at. 

A cheap-looking apartment bathroom. Not much to say really, Looks just like V's starting apartment. Pretty much like every apartment in a megabuilding where everyone ends up at one time in Night City. Filled with trash and drugs from the bender that Jake went on before he decided to kick his bucket. The only useful thing in here is a pistol and the ammo for it. Grabbing it and the extra mags I use my implants to send an email to the building supervisor explaining how I'm moving out. There's nothing left for me here other than bad memories from Jake and easy-to-get stuff that smells like garbage. Heading down via the elevator that probably isn't safe I decided to spend the 5 points of today. Putting 3 of them into cyberpunk and the rest into software brings an explosion of intel to my head. 

First, there's a lot of relevant tech in cyberpunk, from how to make kibble to how to craft and install a sandevistan. It also includes how to program and hack into fairly strong ice. That is then boosted to an absurd degree by the 2 points in the software. Which will allow me to make quick money. Hopefully. Honestly, the best thing I can think of to get money and set myself up in Night City is to be a net runner and do risk-free jobs from the safety of being miles away. And to get started I need a place of my own. An actual place, not an apartment or something.

Which led me to the closest net cafe, an internet cafe but in the future. Using some of the limited funds I book a room with the gear I need to dive into the net. Which is weird, I can't explain it other than it's like watching organized chaos. Ignoring that though I push on to what I came for, first is the date,2076 the same year as edgerunners begin. Which is a good thing, it means I have time to plan. The second thing is what is gonna get me started on the Night City scene.

Johnny Sivlerhands car. A car that I know is on the Ebunike an old ship that is in a dry dock of the same name. Currently owned by one Adam Smasher. Yup, I'm looking for his car, and then if I find it ill sell that information to Rogue down at the Afterlife. That should lead to money and some street cred. 

Getting to work I begin my search by simply looking up the ship's name.

25