Chapter 3 Show and Tell
592 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning I had an idea of what else I could sell other than cyberware and weapons and ammo. Food. A shit ton of food.

Most of the food nowadays is crap, just like I said before. Between scop(crappy meat substitute) and kibble( feels like wet dog food) my replicated food would be a godsend to anyone. Seriously only about 3% of people in the world eat fresh food more than a couple times a year. So with that thought, I boot up the replicator and queue up a crate of packed meals. Ranging from simple hamburgers to apple pies and even lobsters. With that done I start thinking about what guns I want to show to Rogue as well. It wasn't until I was going through the list of options that I had for places to put puts into that I got my answer. Halo.

Putting a point into halo luckily gives me what I want. The M90 shotgun, the Ma5 assault rifle series, and the Br55 battle rifle. A series of guns made by humanity in a future where they are fighting aliens that are fucking their shit up most of the time. Used by over 2 billion unsc marines and tested to be extremely rugged in design. Plus if I keep putting points into Halo I'll be getting everything from there as well. Warthogs, mongooses, spartan augments and training, the sweet ass MAC platforms(even though I probably won't need it), and most importantly the Mjolnir armor.

Now obviously I won't be able to turn myself into a spartan physical without a serious overhall on the science part of it. I'm a little too old to start the program. But if I mix up spartan augments, Mjolnir armor, sandevistan, hacks, and whatever else I decide to pick up I'll be a monster to deal with on a block or even city level. Meaning that it would take the might of a couple of city blocks full of people or an entire city to deal with me, without pulling out some of the stupidly overpowered weapons that are as strong as a nuke.

With my point spent I started working on programming the blueprints into the replicator and then packing up the food into my van before doing the same with the few shotguns, assault rifles, and battle rifles. I throw myself in as well and get going after the van is all loaded. The drive takes all of 10 minutes to reach the afterlife. Grabbing a duffle bag filled with a couple of each gun and as many boxes of ammo that could fit. Along with that I also grabbed a small cardboard box of the replicated meals. Heading down and past the bouncer with a manly head nod I reach Rogue soon after. 

And what can I say she looks... kinda pissed.

"Rogue, you look good is that a new hairstyle, it suits you"

"cut the shit, Jake, what do you want?"

" woah why are you being so mean, I'm just here to show and tell"

"well the last time you contacted me you gave me info on a part of my past best left buried. Then you call me like you're someone important rather than just some street urchin trying to be something big, just like everyone else. Just cause all your friends died to Tyger claw cunts and you think your gonna become something special in their name? Nothing but a delusion. So what do you want?"

"well first off rude, and fuck you for saying all that. I found some stuff I thought you might like so I sold it to you, If you wanted it to stay dead you could have kept it like that. And secondly, as you looked into my background, it means I'm getting attention. So it proves I'm doing something right.  Finally, I want an 8ft Amazon beauty that can bench press me into oblivion and back. Or a petite, high-energy gun-toting psycho chick that lets me feed her to keep both of us happy."

"sigh.... well at least you know what you like...I guess. So what the fuck do you want here? And what's in the bag and box combo?"

"The bag and box are what I'm here for" 

Saying that I put the bag on the table and unzip it, showing off the guns and ammo inside.

"Allow me to introduce you to the Halo series of firearms. The BR55 battle rifle, weighing 8.4 pounds and with a length of 35.4 inches this American-made beauty holds 36 rounds of widely approved rifle rounds with an effective range of 900 meters. It delivers death in a three-round burst, semi-automatic and fully automatic firing modes, made rugged enough that putting enough mud to fill up the entire firing mechanism allows it to keep firing after. Next, is the M90 close assault weapons system or the M90 shotgun is a pump action 12 shell non-detachable magazine that fires 8 gauge shells of a beast, Its range is anything close enough to see burst into mist and even tuff than the BR55. Last but not least, is the MA5 assault rifle, range 300 meters with an rpm of 900 but a magazine of 60 this little lady will kill just about anything you want dead."

Laying all these guns out on the table while explaining the need-to-know stuff I see Rogue's face morph into one of unimpressed loathing.

" So you called to sell me weapons, a fixer that operates out of a bar?"

" When you say it like that you make it sound dumb, but it's not. You have the connections and I have the product. I don't care who you sell them to, just not like scavs or whatever and we're preem. Hell, you manage to sell all the stuff I currently have and you can start selling in bulk after I set up more production. Fuck, you can go to some nomads, I know the Aldecaldos are outside NC sitting around with their thumbs up their asses. Have headed to other free cities and sold a shit ton for millions of eddies. Millions. And with you getting at least 35% of all the revenue with almost no cost. There's not many reasons to reject me."

" No reasons?  There's plenty. While the guns look good I don't know if they are good. And sure you have 9 guns here but with the number of eddies you're talking about you'll need an entire factory set up to even make half the crates for that amount. Not to even mention you were gone for a week after dropping a hand grenade on me and then showed up with all these plans about selling guns with me. The real question is what reason do I have to work with you to sell all this 'stuff' that I'm supposed to stick my neck out for? I may do small sell and push people in the right direction but selling however much you thinking of is dumb for me to do."

She honestly looks kind of done with me. I think the only reason she isn't having me kicked out is that I helped her get info on Johnnys' stuff. But seeing she's just about there I better pull out a trump card.  

" Here, these are boxes of all the simple types of ammo out there. I have another 5 hundred in my van outside. And another 5 thousand stored away. that's at least 200,000 eddies. I made 10,000 boxes in one day with the production I have now. And since you still probably don't believe me I can show you the setup if you want. So you want to or do you want to waste this chance away from the fact you don't know enough about me?" 

"Mmmph well come on then let's see what you got." 

She gets up and motions me ahead

The parking lot jakes van

" that's a lot of ammo"

"Yeah you think that's sweet just wait until you taste the food"

"Food?"

Timeskip

Rogue really like the food. Like I mean like it. The first bite she took of a replicated cheese burger I swear I saw a tear slip out of her cyber eyes as she began to tear into it like a wild animal. I kinda get it, the food of the future is kinda crap. sure you can get it to taste however you want but with me being alive during a time when most of what I ate wasn't mince cockroaches and grasshoppers,  I can get why she would chew through a couple of meals. sure she probably thought that it was some kind of synth meat that just tasted better but soon she would know. she opened up her schedule to see how I make all my stuff. of course I don't think I'll tell her that I can make all of it from just a nuclear battery the size of a kidney. But if she infers that I don't need a lot of scraps to fill up a couple of crates of guns all the better. 

Along with setting up a visit to my flat she also sent my guns to be tested by some of her on-call mercs. That and she took the rest of the ammo in the van that I had and said she would take the other 5 thousand when she got to my place. Now truthfully the deal isn't complete yet but with all these things moving I just can't see her not accepting it. 

So sitting in my pretty sad home and thinking over my day I realized that I had enough to put a down payment on the place I wanted. More specifically a half-built mega building Mega building 13. The last one to be built wasn't due to some politics that essentially had the construction union or whatever mimics it in Cyberpunk on strike. I think most of it had to do with what Silverhand did to Arasaka Tower and how the air was heavily filled with radiation. No one wanted to work without protective gear on and the big corpos building said no to save money for the war that was going on.

The building itself was only halfway done and the full price was close to 700,000 eddies to buy it. With the extra money from Rogue after she bought the ammo from the van enough to just barely buy it with a debt of nearly 500,000 eddies. And with my future home now technically in my hands, it's time to speed up production.

Once I got home that day I put that extra halo knowledge to make an upgraded replicator and even a better nuclear battery that would run a few replicators at the same time. Luckily after just updating the previous blueprints and uploading them to the replicator it only took moments to get the pieces to be put together and then make the improved battery generator. 

An hour's work all in all, with enough time in the day to go through construction drones for the mega building. Surprisingly both Halo and cyberpunk had a plethora of drones that were meant to help in building and even make premade buildings so long as they had the schematics for it. And I had the schematics.

The drones themselves mostly look like a mix between a spider drone and a fallout Mr. Handy. A kind of large globe-like body with attachment ports in specific places that are meant for holding all kinds of tools. The only other kinds were ones built for lifting and moving more heavy objects. Those looked closely to the power loader that Scott used, just with more inner workings and actual hands that were bigger than a normal one.

Making a small drone that's meant to carry stuff I set it up to pick up the individual pieces of of other drones and then put them in separate containers I replicated. After that I made another drone to put together the piles of parts into the smaller spider-like drones. Making sure to have it stop after 5, cause I don't think any more would fit in my apartment. 

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on the programming in the drones so they at least don't need me there for more than checking up on them, I went to sleep to the sound of my replicator going off now and then. Plus the buzzing of a quiet hum of more bots being made.  

 

24