Chapter 6:Something Great!
477 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having gone through the deal with the Aldecaldos yesterday and getting a point, that I put in Halo bringing it to a 3/5, I focus on getting the machines ready to enhance me. 

Not that difficult other than making sure they don't start doing things they're not supposed to. It's simple like an auto doc from Fallout, just more expansive. 

Capable of using the spartan augments on me and more. Of course, I won't be able to make the changes to myself until I'm 100% sure I'll live. Plus I  want to make sure that the changes are the best I can have.

Of course, Just using the halo augments would be awesome, but I also want to add other verses genetics, among other things. Mainly Marvel adamantium and vibranium, and maybe Wolverine's x-gene. Making me virtually unkillable. Mix that with the spartan armor and the upgraded cyberware I'll be using. 

The only thing that will matter is how much damage I can ditch.

For now, though I'll focus on getting everything set up.

Well that and getting rid of some caves nearby. Seriously they're just down the street from me in a warehouse that has a few sublevels. 

They're just sitting there, doing scam things. mostly just scroll bds and jerk off to them. That was pretty nasty to see.

Other than waiting for another victim to come in they aren't doing anything. I would know, I have been watching them for the past day through their cameras. 

I haven't done anything yet cause I wanted to dig through their systems to find more of their haunts. Which I did.

Getting into 2 other scav dens in Kabuki itself, and a few more outside. That led to even more as I went through the other places' networks.

With a total count of 9 dens that I know about, it gives me the chance to meet a special merc group.

Maine and his crew. Dorio, Sasha, Falco, kiwi, Pilar, and best girl Rebecca. Lucy might be there as well. I'm not sure when she joined up.

Luckily as a growing fixer, I have everyone's number. Well, most numbers, I can't get Regina's number but that's cause she's kinda paranoid.

Like if they are out to get you then doing all this extra cautious stuff is worth it, type of paranoid.

While sitting in my chair and hooked up to the net I pull up the number of Sasha Yokovleva. Maines current net runner. The girl stormed into biotech to steal and show the world what a drug that killed her mother was doing.

Willing the number to be called I hear 2 rings before she picks up.

"Hello, who is this?"

"It's Jake, a new fixer. I have a few jobs and wanted to know if had room to complete them."

"What kinds of jobs and how come I haven't heard of you? even if you are a new fixer you should be kinda known."

"Well, this is the first job I'm handing out. I am not just a fixer too, so I've been busy. If you want to look into me ask Rogue or an Aldecaldo guy named Mitch. As for the types of jobs, It's a scav clean-up. Got deets on 9 dens that I wanted cleaned up. Can't do biz with civvies if they're all dead. So what do you think?"

The line goes quiet for a while. With her probably asking what Maine thinks or asking some of her contacts if they have heard of me.

That's fine it's not like she'll find out anything important. Even if she tries to dig through my ice and into my servers, I doubt she'll get through it. And even if she does the only thing I have connected is the bots upstairs. And that can be taken care of with a push of the elevator button.

"How much for each den?"

"10 grand for every den and another 10 on top for all the dens. A clean 100 thousand eddies."

"we accept, send the info."

"Yes! That's what I'm talking about. Here, that's what I have. Good hunting."

Clicking the end call and breathing a happy sigh of release I can't wait to see how they do. 

Maines view

"We accept, send the info."

Seeing Sasha nod her head and raise an eyebrow at the deets I can't help but want to see the stuff myself.

When some young kid called Sasha with the promise of a gig I didn't think much of it other than the kid was about to have his cyberware fizzing in a minute by our 2 netrunners.

To my surprise when he said to check with Rogue and some nomad after Kiwi checked she gave the okay. Even more surprising was the gigs themselves, a bunch of scav clearing, And the price for it. That much for just zeroing some limp wrist gonks. 

Almost makes me think it's a trap or something, but I haven't heard of this brat at all.

"What's the deets? They look alright or do we need to go and bust some gonks head in?"

"No, they look fine Rebecca. Just didn't think the kid was serious about the info. Here sending it now."

Getting the message from Sasha I can see why she was surprised. Every den had all the detail of the scav and its building layout. It even has a threat level based on normal NCPD officers. With every sight ranging from high-low to low-mid treat level.

" Well, the gig seems legit, let's lock and load and get paid."

"Hell Yeah! Let's go give these scavs some lead!"

Time skip

second scav nest 

Pulling up to the second scav haunt of the day I honestly can't help but be impressed with the way that kid fixer gets his info. The first was a breeze to run through, every scav was where they were supposed to be and the gig went smooth as synth butter.

Even now on the second site, the people are where the fixer said they would be.

Sending in everyone to deal with the scav. We roll up to the den's front door and stack up on it.

Giving Becca a nod she kicks open the door and starts blasting.

  " Come get some you pussy ass bitchs!"

She starts laying down fire with her dual-wield automatic Lexington's. The rest of us rushed past her and into cover, with her doing the same after. 

Peaking my head out I see 4 bodies on the floor from our surprise attack. 

The scavs getting over their surprise take cover and start firing back. Pointing at Rebecca and Pilar to cover me and Dorio as we move to flank them.

 Pulling up to their right side we start shooting them up, Taking another 2 out before we need to take cover.

That's when a scav opened a side door with a heavy machine gun in his hands and started shooting at us.

Takes cover behind a solid pillar and fires blindly at him. I heard him yell a second later. 

Looking over I see that the other 2 took care of the rest of the room with Dorio backing them up. Heading through the side door that leads to the backrooms we move in and do the same thing we did in the last.

Clearing the place room by room and body by body I can't help but sigh when we're done. 7 more nests to go, It's going be a long day.

Jakes view

Watching Maines's crew work is pretty neat, they are fast and precise. taking down den after den,scav after scav. By the end of the day, they had already finished clearing the scavs  out

The looting of the scavs gear takes up the most time. I sent a text with confirmation that the job was done I also sent the last 20 grand I owe them for a job done well.

 Sending another after that to tell them that if I had any more work to get done they would be on the list.

I moved my attention to what I was doing today other than watching Rebecca be a little murder hottie who has a cute laugh. Huh, that's kinda weird, maybe but I can't help she's so adorable.

But during the day I also finished making the automatic machines that will perform my enhancements. The only thing left for me to do is write their script and put the rest of my points into what I want.

Most of the programs are medical procedures that will do the augments.

Other than that I also started to spread the word that the Hub is open.

More specifically the Ripper doc, hotel, and the shops that sell what everyone needs. Even people that aren't merc. 

I even added a food court that sells the replicated food I make.

Hell, I even have the V.I. running everything now with it starting to learn how to respond to people how Eina would.

Having her be my assistant, The V.I. while not sentient is very helpful.

Keeping track of my schedule and even helping me remember things I forget about.

Of course, while I have given it the ability to upgrade itself I also set it up with a limit. Don't need a second net crash after all.

But putting the fact I may or may not start a Skynet situation and focusing more on what I want for my cyberware and how to upgrade it. 

Most importantly the sandevistan. A piece of cyberware that is replaced with the user's spine.

Enhancing the users' speed and reflexes by forcing your nerves to the edge of their limits and then some, Adding force to whatever melee weapons or others by just being very fast.

Along with enhancing all that it also causes an incredible burden on the body and nerves. Of course, once I augment myself I could probably spam it, and with my nerves and other squishy stuff being stronger with a good healing factor. 

Meaning I could boost the piece of cyberware to incredible heights. Making it so my speed instead of a times increase can be increased by a few dozen.  

Of course, I'll need to get the last point into cyberpunk/edgerunners cause not only will it allow me to freely combine all my knowledge of cyberpunk with other points, but it also gives me a 0 chance to go psycho.

That is a much-needed perk, one I'm going to take full advantage of.

Adding in tons of cyberware that will work well with the halo augments. Along with the godly metals from Marvel, my gear will be..... legendary.

But for now, I need to focus on the now. Like remembering stuff, like the fact that Sasha gets killed doing her biotechnica thing. Sigh, and I forgot to set a reminder.

"Eina set a reminder to write a program to follow Sasha and warn me when she goes to biotechnica and tries to sneak in"  

So much to do so little time.

Time skip

7 days

I got my first customer 2 days after I sent Maines crew the scav gig. I had started posting online about the hub.

This time I also included all the options I had and how cheap it was.

I think most people thought it was a trap or something cause the first person who walked through the large open doors were a few banged-up dolls.

There were 3 of them running into the building and before I was even notified of them showing up Tyger Claws ran in after them. 

Of course, that's when my bots inside the lobby popped out of their pods in the wall and started to handle it.

15 combat robots burst from their pods and held up their weapons.

"This is the security force of this mega building please put away your weapons and leave the building"

The claws being surprised by the robots didn't listen and just started shooting at them. 

My robots in turn put a few rounds through each of them. Killing all 7 of them.

It was at this point that I looked at the cameras and saw what was happening. And they got fucked. I thought they would put up more of a fight.

Sure they aren't the most armored gang but usually they have kerenzikovs and other reflex tuners. Making them harder to predict and stuff.

Taking control of a security bot and walking towards the 3 dolls I have it say"Welcome to mega building 13 or the hub, the threat has been eliminated. Please continue with your day"

I then order them to start cleaning up the corpses and sending in the cleaning bots for the blood.

Shaking my head I can only hope that the claws don't start gunning for me, that would be annoying.

Cindy(the doll)

" Do you need help?"

Turning around after watching the scary robots rip the tygers apart, tell me nicely to fuck off, and then start picking up the dead I honestly was startled when a female voice ask a question.

Turning around the first thing I notice about her is how good she looks, the next is her ears and then her outfit. A pencil-style business suit.

"What?"

"Do you need any help? Your outer shell seems to be cracked and your friends have even more damage than you."

"Oh no, no we're. we'll just get out of here. Thank you for dealing with them."

Trying to grab my friends and get us out of there I noticed that when I  pushed them down behind a small half wall they had fallen asleep from exhaustion. Turning to the woman with elf ears she gives me a cheery smile.

"Come on this way, we'll get you set up with the ripperdoc in the building. Don't worry you'll be fine."

I nodded my head and watched as some other robot princess carried Beth and bailey while following us.

I walked across the plaza of the building and into a small shop that had another woman there who was identical to the one leading me. She nods her head at the first lady and she keeps leading us into the back.

Walking up to a door that slides open automatically, leading into a brand new-looking ripper doc set up. With a teen sitting in a rolly chair that was watching some old show from before the data crash.

Looking over at us he nods his head and says "Thanks Eina, you can stay if they want you to."

He looks at me and I nod, feeling better having the strange woman here than being by myself with someone else

"Alright put those two on the chair first and then I'll help you, alright?"

Nodding at him, I stay quiet as he works on bailey after the bot puts her on the chair gently

Watching him work for a few minutes I build up the courage to ask" What happened to them?"

"Well from her heath monitor, she just passed out from stress. The real problem is that her jaw has been cracked beyond repair. Her right arm also has a crack in the frame. It should hold up fine for a while but she'll need that replaced sooner or later. Other than her ceramic outer layer she will be fine. nothing wrong with her inside other than what I said, so it should be a mostly easy fix."

"But we can't pay you."

Nodding his head a little bit my heart drops a little when he turns around and rolls over to the desk with the TV show still playing. He bends down and opens a counter to pull out a bunch of paper.

Rolling over he says "Tell you what, you pass out these flyers to your friends and coworkers and we'll call it even. I wouldn't be a good ripper if my first patients weren't even taken care of."

Nodding my head numbly I can't help but think this is some sort of trap. No one in Night City is this.....nice. Shaking my head as he starts taking baileys messed up jaw off I look down at the flyer.

Welcome to The hub

A mega building with all of life's necessities

Apartments for rent

Ripper doc

grocery stores

food court

bars 

and gun shops

A mega building with robotic security 

After reading the flyer and looking at the teen again I sit quietly and watch him work while thinking about what is going on.

20