5 Life = Boring
421 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Teleporting back outside not far from the store, my tight grip over time started to fade, allowing the world to regain its color once more.

Seeing that everything was normal now, I reassured myself that everything was gonna be fine since I could literally reverse time and I had my everything-proof body.

'Don't worry my dude, I'm gonna throw them out and then beat them up, preferably through the glass windows since it's cooler that way. I wouldn't want you cleaning up any icky stuff inside the store.'

Pumping myself up for the badassery I was about to commit, my lithe figure trudged inside the store, already feeling sorry for the convenience store guy for the mess he'll have to clean...

.

.

.

-------------------------------

.

.

.

*Ding-dong*

With the sound of the sliding doors came high-pitched dings, announcing my arrival. The store cashier gave me a small nod which I responded to with my own.

Before I was able to go and commence my plan, a voice stopped me from continuing.

"Hey dude, you can't wear your hood inside the store." The cashier loudly spoke since the distance between the entrance and the register was considerable, which led everyone's attention to fall on me.

'Wot, when was that a thing?'

What the hell, I didn't know that. I guess I never really did worry about rules like that with my averageness before, but now... damn.

"Hey! If you aren't taking it off then I'll have to ask you to leave." The convenience store guy continued, much louder than before.

Jeez, dude. I'm trying to save your ass here and this is how you repay me?

Releasing a small sigh, I replied.

"Yeah yeah, I know."

Complying, my hand removed my hood, disabling my Disguise skill, revealing my lustrous hair comfortably tucked inside my hoodie. Not bothering to properly remove it from my hoodie, I went ahead with my 'shopping.'

Surprise was present in everyone's faces, either due to my mistaken gender or unnatural hair color but it didn't matter. What did matter is the fact that they are distracted, and I can make use of this. Hehe.

I continued to 'look around' the shop, acting nonchalant even with their gazes on me. Under their eyes, I continued to stroll, slowly making my way towards one particular person.

This person by himself is no one important, yet my gait did not falter, not like it was fast in the first place. When I was in front of this unlucky man, my little walk stopped.

There is only one reason why I haven't started beating the crap out of everyone, and that's because I want to start it off with a bang.

And why I'm starting with this poor guy? That's because...

*Bam!*

*SNAP*

"Ku-AHHH!" A sharp breath and a grunt resounded in the quiet store, taking everyone by surprise, especially the one that got kicked on their sides.

'Hey, that scream's familiar.'

The force of my kick with fairly high stats (compared to theirs) was enough to fracture, and by the sound of things, even break bones.

The other men, especially Convenience Guy, had their mouths agape, the reaction that I was hoping for except for CG (convenience guy). I honestly didn't think that my lowered strength would still be this strong, but it does make me happy.

The man collapsed onto a nearby shelf, practically falling onto it and holding on to it for dear life. His focus wasn't on me, since apparently, broken bones and a bunch of other injuries hurt like hell by how many profanities he's tossing at particularly no one.

Doing a mental Omniscient Scan, the system gave me a list of injuries he sustained and how serious they were.

...Breaking his bones was kind of alright, but rupturing his organs wasn't a part of my plan, so I secretly reversed the time on his body by a few seconds to avoid killing him. Killing sometimes might be necessary, but this guy doesn't deserve it that much. Plus, I'd rather avoid being okay with wanton murder since I do have the capability to wipe out entire civilizations.

The time reversal's effects were immediate as the screaming stopped straight away, his now healed body slowly standing up while patting his torso, a look of surprise and relief present on his face.

"I-I'm fin-"

Since he looked fine, I decided to kick him again albeit with less strength, this time aiming for his stomach directly.

In a burst of speed, my figure closed the short distance and got into position for another kick, now aiming at the person's abdomen. The man didn't even get a chance to see my action until my foot felt his plump torso, yet no damage was done.

The reason why is because I haven't kicked him yet, my form replicating that of a sidekick before the actual kicking. Concentrating so that I don't put too much force and blow a hole through his stomach, my bent knee snapped forward, propelling the man backwards towards the fragile glass wall.

""Beau!!!""

Ignoring the criminals, I happily thought to myself.

'It was all for this moment! No one can stop me from breaking stuff for the sake of justice!'

The glass crumbled under the force of a human cannonball, shattering into shards of varying sizes. Even with the glass on his path out, he continued to fly off and landed a fair bit away outside.

Since he is wearing heavy clothing for the robbery that they were about to commit, the man's injuries wearing minimal, but it seems like the collision through a glass wall and the hard ground still knocked him out.

Undoubtedly a much better result from earlier. 10/10.

[Ding!]

[Kick Mastery |Rank: G|  Skill Successfully Obtained]

Kick Mastery |Rank: G --> E|

-----

Mentally thanking my system and body, I followed the figure laying limp outside of the store, walking through the broken wall. The sounds of crunching glass followed my every footstep, the smell of blood growing stronger the closer I came.

The scent, while repulsive, didn't contain much 'significance' compared to those that I've previously smelled.

'Hopefully, they don't get too scared by my little display of strength and follow me outside for a nice "chat".'

My thoughts are interrupted as the men practically burst out of the shop, their faces furious, their mouths firing curses that resounded in the empty gas station. As they did though, some of their members were searching for their missing weapons, with the ones who didn't bring any, just as confused as the former.

Out of all the men, the most confused is undoubtedly Toby, his hands patting his pockets, his brows furrowing.

The angriest in this situation, however, is someone I should have expected...

"YOU CRAZY BITCH!!! What is wrong with you?!?!"

CG rushed towards me, aiming to score a punch to my face. With my level of strength and vastly superior reaction time, dodging was easy even with my rookie maneuvers to do so.

It did, however, infuriate the man causing him to throw a barrage of punches all aiming for my head. He is sooo pissed.

'This... what do I do.'

CG is practically fuming: his eyes bloodshot, his veins protruding from his arms, head, and neck. Perhaps I thought he wouldn't want to get involved with something like this and just stay in a little corner, but it seems like I thought wrong.

He didn't look built for hostile situations like this, nor did the air around him suggest so, but the speed and technique in his attacks are quite surprising, as they contained an inkling of hidden proficiency. It's clear that he is mad, but that didn't inhibit his skill in his way of fighting.

While my purpose for coming back in time is to beat up the bad guys and stop them from killing anyone, I didn't think a situation like this would happen. Still, I didn't stop him and continued to dodge. As for why?

---------------

[Ding!]

[Boxing Mastery |Rank: E|  Skill Successfully Obtained]

[Skill Synthesis in progress...

Boxing Mastery

Kick Mastery

... Completed]

[Combat Mastery |Rank: E|  Skill Successfully Obtained]

----------------

.

'...I can milk you, but I do need to finish this arc quickly so I can do other things.'

It turns out that CG has some knowledge of boxing, and just watching him allowed me to learn it as well. It isn't that surprising compared to when I learned Tensura skills from watching the anime, but it is nice to know what you are capable of, now and in the future.

Another fist was getting ready to be thrown, this time aiming for my chest instead. The signs of anger from CG's face still remain but visibly diminished. The anger that clouded his judgement lessened, allowing him to think rationally.

But it was too late for that.

With the use of my new skill, I instinctively knew where he aimed his punch with the slightest movement from his side. With this knowledge in mind, my body swerved slightly, evading the attack with minimal effort. Before CG sent another punch my way, I shouted out.

"Yo, those dudes are stealing all the ice cream!!"

Anxiety hit his face and as he turned around, my fist hit his head, knocking him out. I wasn't cruel, so I quickly caught his falling body and laid him down to the ground to avoid any head trauma or body trauma or whatever trauma, but it was funny to see him panic over food to the point that he forgot about me.

How easy...

Since CG was dealt with, my gaze turned sharp as I looked towards the criminals, waiting for them to make a move. A staredown was happening since no one wanted to have a go with me, and I didn't really have the patience for this, so I decided to rush in first.

Caught off-guard by my unnatural speed due to my holding back against CG, a younger member of their group received a kick to their side before any of them could react. This time, none of his bones broke, nor were organs ruptured, but it will still leave a mark.

[Ding!]

Combat Mastery |Rank: E --> D|

---------

As the man collapsed towards one of his friends, I saw them stumbling amongst themselves like a  bunch of amateurs, making me think about all of this.

'Uhhh... that got boring real quick' (Author Translation: I suck at writing unnecessary fight scenes.)

If there was one thing that hasn't sunk in yet, then it was the fact that this was real life, or at least, this world wasn't like a novel.

'...I was wrong.'

There are no mob characters that would just come and go, stupidly going around antagonizing anyone who meets their eye, nor would they do it for a reason like their ego.

Who I'm fighting against are just regular thieves present anywhere around the world. They weren't mobs, but actual people who don't follow a script.

Now that I think about it, none of the worlds in the Omniverse follow a script, including all the things I've watched and read. For all I know, it's just sheer coincidence brought about by the infinite amount of worlds out there.

For the stoopid mob characters that do exist? Some kind of disease in the omniverse, or they were dropped on the head as a baby. A LOT of babies.

For my world though...

'Real life is just boring that way.'

'Welp, since I was going to beat them up anyway, why don't I make this quick and easy then go for ice cream? I'll pay of course.'

Consulting the system, the locations of all the security cameras located in the gas station and store were revealed to me, silently watching our little conflict. With the use of Protogenoi-K, I disintegrated the wires connecting them to a power source, rendering them useless.

This little process took less than a second, and when I was done, my unconsciously glowing eyes turned to face the still standing men. Scanning each of them one by one, my gaze finally landed on Toby, who for an unknown reason, started to tremble.

Whatever the reason didn't matter, and with a thought, magicules escaped my pores, enveloping my immediate surroundings, giving it a faint tint of blue. My eyes reflected streams of purple, blue, and green that lingered in the air, accompanied by specks of purple glowing dust.

Although magicules are toxic to the human body, my control over them had increased hundreds of thousands of times compared to when I unconsciously wielded them with no regard for anything, a result of the combination between my ungodly comprehension, OP skill, and energy affinity.

Due to this, no one on Earth is in danger of dying from magicule-related deaths, and if there was a chance that I can hurt someone then it had already decreased in the time I was consciously releasing them.

It turns out that intentionally releasing only 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the number of magicules you possess is an incredible feat.

Reflecting my will, the magicule that haphazardly spread in the area started to converge on the group. The process was slow at first, but a few seconds was all it took for the magicules to gather at a rate enough to fill a whole lake in a second.

The magicules converged, forming incorporeal chains which latched onto the criminals' limbs, forbidding their escape. I wasn't satisfied yet, and so more magicules gushed out to further reinforce the chains, its incorporeal form slowly solidifying; the ground beneath the criminals showing signs of splitting.

Chains too heavy for any person to lift, too tight for any creature to move in, too sturdy for any weapon to scratch, and too magical for all its victims to escape now bound fragile low-leveled criminals.

Not really necessary since they can't leave the planet, but undoubtedly going to make my little 'playtime' easier.

Cracking my knuckles as I approached, a faint murmur escaped my lips.

"No one will believe you guys anyway..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

[Ding!]

[Torment |Rank: G|  Skill Successfully Obtained]

Torment |Rank: G --> S|

FIRST OF ALL! It wasn't THAT bad, 'it' just hurt more because of this skill, and if someone asks, we don't talk about 'it'.

Finally tying up an unconscious Toby with his friends in weird positions, I searched them for some money since I won't reject free money delivered to me. It still has its use since I really did want to eat ice cream.

.

Finishing up after getting a few hundred bucks, I went over to CG to carry him to somewhere safe inside the store. I couldn't really find some kind of inventory room so I headed towards the restroom.

Entering the room, a broom came out of nowhere and struck me right in the head. It didn't do any damage, but it did manage to surprise me. It also almost managed to make me drop CG on his head.

"YOU CRAZY BITCH!!! PUT MY BROTHER DOWN OR I'LL BASH YOUR HEAD IN!!!"

'...You already have???'

Before me was a banshee/girl with similar features to the unconscious CG. From what she just said and her appearance, she really might be CG's sister.

Even their vocabulary is the same. Must be something that runs in the family.

Since she was here the whole time, then...

"Did you see?" I spoke while lowering CG to lay on a nearby wall. Slowly but surely moving back while keeping my hands up just to let the girl know I'm a cool guy seemed like a good idea, so I did.

Backing off to let her check on her brother was a mistake as she instead took this chance to attack me with the same broom ruthlessly. This dummy...

"ETHAN!!! Wake up and help me beat this lunatic already!!!"

'You're the lunatic!' A thought cemented itself onto my mind, and saying it out loud won't really help with my situation here.

'The good thing is that it doesn't look like she saw me doing my voodoo to the dudes outside... I know I'd have already run off and not attack the guy that can do "it" to a bunch of people if my apparent use of magic hasn't already scared me off.'

"I already called the cops so you better stay right there and stop dodging!!!"

'Well, now it's really time to go.'

Dropping two $100 notes I found on an unconscious criminal on the floor, my figure skedaddled out of the store while not forgetting to bring with me a pair of Creamy Cookies ice cream and a pack of instant noodles.

Dashing into a dark alley (For nomal people anyway) and checking that no one followed me, I teleported back into my room just as the sounds of police sirens popped up.

Putting to use my inventory, I placed the ice cream and noodle pack inside it. Going towards the kitchen area, I did the same thing with all the food in the kitchen cabinets and fridge leaving nothing but an already opened ice cream tub from a day ago.

Creating the hardest, first of its kind, purely magicule-based spoon in the world, I scooped up the creamy sorbet with pieces of cookies mixed within. Having a taste, the explosion of flavors that came almost made me blow up the entire district, but my great control over magicules prevented that.

My enhanced body also enhanced my senses including my taste, and with the system helping to regulate them the sweet flavor of ice cream wasn't overwhelming, but intricately balanced, the result being an otherworldly taste.

Responding to the delicious stimulus, my body scooped up another, and another, and another.

...This continued for a while.

.

.

.

.

.

-----POV Banshee-----

.

.

.

.

.

"So like, I hit her in the head a bunch of times until she had to leave the store. I was gonna keep bashing her until she threatened to hurt the men that were passed out outside, so like, I HAD to let her go."

"Sure..."

"It's true you know? that crazy bitch went mad and attacked everyone. It's a good thing that my brother and I were here or else..."

'I'm not entirely wrong since that weird woman did attack everyone. Ethan, my brother who's knocked out more people than I can count, even told me he'll handle it and to wait in the toilets, but I never expected him to lose so badly! He's lucky that I was here to save him!'

The cop narrowed his eyes but my face kept as serious as it can get. The officer looked outside, towards the tied up, knocked-out men and with the same look on his face, he spoke,

"Well, from the footage that we managed to get, the woman really did attack them out of nowhere, so it may have been her motive from the start."

The officer's gaze veered towards my sulking brother right beside me, still holding the ice pack I got him for the hit to his head. Why he was sulking, I'll never know.

Still looking, the officer continued, his deep voice directed towards this brother of mine.

"You attacking that woman was definitely the wrong choice to make, and it would have been safer and smarter to have stayed with your sister and called us sooner."

A high chirp disturbed the serious atmosphere in the store, as the automatic door opened to announce another policeman's arrival. The man quickly walked towards us, stopping before the man who asked me and my brother about what happened earlier.

"Sir... you're gonna wanna see this."

With those words the officers left, leaving me and my brother alone in the shop. The men headed towards the group that's still tied up, and oddly enough, lifted one of the men's beanies off.

Seemingly identifying the man, the cop who interrogated us reached for his radio, but we couldn't clearly hear what he was saying.

With nothing else to see, I turned towards Ethan.

"So, why are you sulking again?"

"Emma... maybe next time."

'Well, at least I can hear about it.'

It was pretty funny remembering how he punched a wall and instantly regret it, but knowing the reason might justify his behavior.

Looking closer, his reddened face was revealed under the bright store lights.

'Whatever the reason may be, I'm sure that I'll hear another story to poke fun at him with...'

.

.

----------------------------------------------

(A/N: Uhh... forgot that I was gonna upload this tomorrow, but whatever.)

19