Chapter 1: Hero (or Villain?) Part 1 {?}
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Great Britain, 20xx AD

A tall man, he wore a reddish-blue knee-length short-sleeved overcoat with a hood that he put on his head and a black strap decoration that looked like a shoulder and chest strap gun holster that was attached from the chest part to the shoulder and back part of this overcoat. The hood of this overcoat is covered up to the top of his head, so that this man's face, and his bangs which are quite long, are still visible. The middle part of his overcoat was opened, Erdyn was wearing a white shirt underneath with a black vest, black long jeans, brown boots, black elbow guards, and black knee guards. This man's name is Erdyn Zherjhyl, 24 years old.

Erdyn walked on the sidewalk among the surrounding modern urban buildings, while carrying something unusual on his back. A rectangular box-shaped thing that was almost the size of Erdyn's own body, this large object was covered by a black cloth to disguise it. As it was already very late at night, the surroundings appeared deserted with only a few people and vehicles passing by. It appeared that several people were walking past Erdyn, and looked surprised at Erdyn because they saw the size of the object he was carrying on his back.

After a while of walking, Erdyn arrived at a large industrial complex, with various factory and warehouse buildings, connected by a road. Erdyn stopped his steps and looked around as if to make sure, it appeared that the surroundings were very quiet, not even vehicles or people, as far as the eye could see. Erdyn then pulled the small rope that was connected to the black cloth that covered the large object on his back, this black cloth then slipped away and showed what was behind it.

This man was carrying a sort of a large briefcase for a guitar over his back with a sling. This guitar briefcase bag has an unusual shape because this briefcase is almost the same size as Erdyn's body. This briefcase bag is made of steel and looks heavy, but somehow Erdyn carrying it on his back doesn't appear to feel heavy at all. This briefcase bag has a unique shape, the material is shiny steel, with sturdy carvings. This briefcase has a center shape, and another shape of the edges that surround this middle shape, making the overall size of this guitar briefcase larger than the average guitar briefcase.

In the middle part which is shaped like a guitar briefcase, the base is tapered and the neck of the briefcase is slightly curved with additional straight carvings that fill the curved part with a slightly thinner thickness than the curved part, located on the edge of the guitar briefcase neck. The body 1 of this briefcase near the neck part, has a circular sharp carving, and along the edge is a sharp carving of 6 white dove wings to the middle of the body surface of this first briefcase, which has a jet-black sword-like carving. On the body 2 of this briefcase on the end part, the end part is in the form of a sharp carving of 6 black crow's wings, which are the same size as the carving of the dove's wings, which extends to the middle of the surface of the briefcase, the carved dove's wings and the raven's wings meet in the middle to form like the letter x, in the middle of this x-shaped wing carving has some kind of an embossed carving. The surface of the briefcase has a carved pattern that is engraved like a jet-white colored sword, which is larger than the sword carving on the middle body of this guitar briefcase. This briefcase has a mix of black, silver, gray, and white, with a small gold-white trim with 2 stripes that extend down and over the top of the briefcase. This briefcase is made of shiny metal, and the color of the dop is in a small part.

It appears that the first oddity in this briefcase is that the middle body and the edges that form like a guitar bag are the same sizes. The second oddity is the additional part that surrounds the part which is shaped like the guitar briefcase earlier, this additional part has a thicker thickness than the guitar briefcase-shaped part, with the middle part shaped like a hinge circle that connects the right and left, making this briefcase almost look like a rectangular box, with corners blunt. This additional section has a gray color with several embossed black line patterns. It appears that the top and bottom surfaces of this briefcase have the same shape and carved pattern. This large briefcase also has briefcase handles located on both long sides.

This man is continuing walking alone in an industrial district with several large buildings of factories and warehouses, connected by a road. Occasionally, he glanced at the surveillance cameras on the buildings here, as well as at the traffic lights

"I don't know what they want from me, I'll make sure now…"

Erdyn stopped, he then hid in one of the walls of the building here, watching another factory building which was a few buildings from here. Erdyn took out a smartphone from the inside pocket of his overcoat, Erdyn then pressed the screen with a touch of his thumb. Immediately after that, the buildings around Erdyn experienced a power failure, making this block area dark. Erdyn then immediately ran towards the building he was watching.

Back a while ago, Elsewhere, inside the building that Erdyn had been supervising earlier, there is a large high-ceilinged hall from an abandoned electronics factory, now turned into quarters and supervisor's quarters. In this hall, there are several rows of automatic assembly tools in the form of movable clamp arms and outdated manual assembly tools.

In the middle of this hall, there is computer equipment with many monitor screens. Many here are "a great many" of these screens mounted on iron supports, and laid out in a semicircle, with each screen here at some distance, from one another, and for some reason, these screens are not arranged in a neat, symmetrical line.

Near the computers, there were dozens of men wearing suits, some wearing jackets, and even soldiers' clothing complete with protectors. On the army personnel, they wear quite heavy armor, the upper left sleeve of the shirt bears the emblems of various flags of the world's countries, and the right upper sleeve is the emblem of a “Symbol”, with “a Word” on the surface. Each of them is carrying a pistol, and the soldiers also carry a pistol on one of their thighs, and in addition, also carry an automatic assault rifle as their main weapon. Some of these assault rifles were carried as if they were on standby, and some were leaned near other personnel, or they were held casually like canes.

One of them, wearing a leather jacket, with the inside wearing a black shirt that tucks into the pants covered in a thin bullet-proof vest, tactical belt, black long jeans, and black boots. His hair is slightly long but stylishly styled. He was watching the monitors here closely, a young adult man in his thirties, whose full name was Hardy Aylward. His expression was serious, looking at the monitor. Another man wearing a suit walked up to Hardy from behind

"Have you gotten any progress?"

His comrade's question caught Hardy's attention

“Yeah, I kept trying to keep an eye on “them” while comparing, and it appears to be in line with what we expected. I will report the approval, during the observers meeting later, to the central command”

The man in the suit smiled

"Good, finally our work can be done"

The man in the suit then patted Hardy on the shoulder

"By the way, we want to buy dinner, do you want to come?"

Hardy smiled and shook his head

"No, I still want to monitor again, to strengthen the results of our surveillance, I'll just leave it to you"

The man in the suit answered

“Very well then, Mr. hard worker”

The man in the suit then walked away, and met some of his friends, talking about where they were going to have dinner. Hardy just smiled, shook his head, and returned to watching dozens of monitor screens in front of him.

Not long after, several monitor screens in front of Hardy then turned off, making him surprised. Hardy tried to fix it by typing something on his keyboard, but still no change. Hardy glanced behind him

"There is a technical problem here, can someone help me?"

Hearing this, appeared to attract the attention of almost everyone present here. One of the men, wearing a leather jacket and carrying a tablet computer, walked up to Hardy with an astonished expression on his face

“Weird, there was no technical glitch, it must have come from outside”

Hardy's facial expression changed in astonishment, he then noticed other monitor screens that were still on. Hardy immediately realized something

“Wait a minute, the only set of screens that is off is the one that showed the surveillance footage from this city”

The man in the leather jacket also just noticed something, he immediately checked the tablet he was carrying

“Strange, even though there is no power outage in the city tonight”

This made Hardy even more surprised, even shocked

“Unless the one causing the disturbance is nearby…”

Hearing this, the expression of the man with the tablet was shocked as well. Not long after that, suddenly the lights around them and the computer turned off. Shortly after, each of them turned on their respective flashlights. Hardy is also on alert with his gun which has a flashlight. Hardy said in a raised voice

"Everyone, be careful!"

Everyone here also looked alert.

0