Chapter 17: The Black Star {?}
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

United States, 20xx AD

The man in the black armored cloak, who also wore the metal mask with glowing red patterns on the eyes, and his gauntlet, seen from the side, stood stunned, looking up at the sky before him. The gaze shifted to show what was in front of the man in the cloak.

 

(One of Black Star's starship carrier fleet).

 

A massive object resembling a rectangular black block of tower soaring high into the sky with a height and a size larger than a skyscraper, with the upper and lower ends forming a pyramid-like shape, and when viewed as a whole, this black object also resembles a stake. At the bottom and on the sides of this tower are jet engines and a pattern of red glowing lines that light up all over this black tower, which functions as some kind of anti-gravity device. The roar of the engines from this hovering starship carrier broke the atmosphere; people were trying to run away from it.

Not long after, groups of fighter jets opened fire on the hovering black tower with automatic guns and missiles. The fighter jets then flew to the right or left of this tower. It appeared that the missiles and guns shots from the fighter jets hit this hovering tower, but it didn't work and even didn't make it budge in the slightest, as if this tower was made of something very hard. In the distance, a similar starship carrier hovered directly above the Pentagon building. The man in the cloak said.

"What the hell is Black Star going to do?"

The man in the cloak took out a smartphone from his trouser pocket, but no communication signal was available.

“There is no communication network available, so I cannot know what happened....”

The man in the cloak returned his attention to the hovering black tower closest to him. The man in the cloak immediately noticed three other black towers from the other direction of the Pentagon building as if surrounding it. There are five starship carriers in total, one of which is in a stationary state right above the Pentagon building, while the other four are moving and hovering around the Pentagon. Dozens of government fighter jets flew around these starship carriers and occasionally attacked them with missiles, but None of these fighter jets attacks affected them. The man in the cloak looked around in surprise.

"There are no signs of these towers to attack, but why are these fighter jets trying to attack them? Something's wrong..."

The man in the cloak rechecked his smartphone; the communications network and the internet were still down with no signs of recovering soon.

"There is no other way, I'm gonna ask him directly."

The man in the cloak looked around and looked confused.

"But, where is he?"

The man in the cloak concentrates.

 

[User's Stat]

[Senses: 80]

 

Before long, the man in the cloak appeared to have realized something.

"The most powerful energy source comes from the direction of the pentagon building, it's so strong that I can feel it even from a long distance and my Sense points aren't too high... there's no mistake, Black Star is still in the Pentagon building."

The man in the cloak looks a little bothered by what happened.

"Even though my level isn't high yet, I still have "another way" if I have to fight him."

The man in the cloak got into a stance ready to strike something and positioned his two gauntlet-covered hands and arms forward.

"Activating skills, Endless Breath and Speedster."

As soon as the man in the cloak said that, two black panels with white writing appeared on his front right and left:

 

[Endless Breath Skill Activated (1:29 remaining)]

[Skill: Endless Breath lvl 3

Type: Active

Mana Usage: None

Cooldown: 2 min 30 sec (2:29 remaining)

Effect: over a period of time, the user's stamina will not decrease, and fatigue will not increase

Side effects: None]

 

[Speedster Skill Activated (1:29 remaining)]

[Skill: Speedster lvl 3

Type: Active

Mana Usage: None

Cooldown: 2 min 30 sec (2:29 remaining)

Effect: over a period of time, the user's speed increases by 300%

Side effect: Fatigue +0.16 / sec (disabled)]

 

The man in the cloak ran with a strong starting stomp and caused a wind blast, running very fast toward the Pentagon building.

 

United States, Pentagon Building.

The Pentagon is the headquarters building of the United States Department of Defense; it has five sides, five floors with rows of windows, and a main entrance on one side of the building. The man in the cloak continued to run toward near the Pentagon building area on a road leading into the Pentagon building. Armored vehicles had been lined up on standby with the army personnel. Not long after, the man in the cloak ran very fast past the line of armored vehicles on standby, then jumped over the Pentagon fence, startling the soldiers here. One of the soldiers said.

"What the hell is that?"

The man in the cloak reaches near the Pentagon building. Nearby were countless army personnel, who then aimed their assault rifles at the man in the cloak.

“Put your hands where I can see them!”

The army personnel became boisterous, but the man in the black armored cloak covering his entire body paid no heed to them; his attention was fixed on the black star's black Tower-shaped starship carrier close above him. The man in the cloak realized something, then looked at the army personnel aiming their assault rifle at him.

"For safety, you all should get out of here."

The man in the cloak ran towards the Pentagon building at normal speed, indicating if the skill's active time had run out, ignoring the soldiers here and taking them by surprise. One of the soldiers said in a raised voice.

“Dammit, shoot him!”

All the soldiers from behind the man in the cloak shot at him with their assault rifles, but these shots couldn't penetrate the man's cloak; the bullets only bounced off and raised sparks, taking all the army personnel by surprise. One of the soldiers said.

“What the hell…”

The man in the cloak said when he got very close to the building.

“Skill activation, “High Jump” Auto on.”

Soon after, a black panel appeared with white writing:

 

[High Jump Skill Activated]

[Skill: High Jump lvl N/A

Type: Active / Auto on for every desired jump.

Mana Usage: None

Cooldowns: None

Effect: increases the height of one jump

Side effect: Fatigue +5 / jump]

 

The man in the cloak jumped beyond the height of the Pentagon building and landed on the rooftop. The man in the cloak walked forward, jumped over every rooftop of the Pentagon building before him using the high jump skill, and arrived at the rooftop near the center of the Pentagon.

In the center of the building is a garden with green grass and trees arranged neatly, with five concrete paths leading to a beautifully carved central fountain. Not long after, Black Star walked out of one of the double doors. The black metal armor that covered his entire body expanded and narrowed as Black Star walked and was also covered in additional armor that resembled an exoskeleton.

Black Star's face is covered in mask-shaped armor that covers his entire face and bright red patterns on the eyes part and around the eyes part. On the forehead part of this metal mask, up to the back of the head, there is another additional armor that resembles flat horns attached and extending from the forehead to the right and left sides of the forehead and on the right and left sides of the head. There is also armor on the neck. On the top and back of the head, something black blazing backward like black flames stretched and waved back as if to form the hair.

From the waist to the toes, it was covered in black armor with additional armor on the forelegs and knees, as well as additional armor in the form of tassets that covered the waist and outer thighs up to the middle of the thighs, on both thighs. On the sides of the legs, additional armor resembles an exoskeleton device-like armor connected to the right and left waist, then to the exoskeleton device-like armor on the back. Every Black Star’s step caused a small wind blast that spread everywhere.

The front of the Black Star’s body, from chest part to stomach part, was covered in armor that formed his front body as several pieces of armor joined together, and on the left part of the chest, there was something carved in the shape of a medallion with a plus symbol in the middle.

From behind, Black Star’s whole back is covered in black metal armor with back rib cage-like additional armor at his back, similar to an exoskeleton. The armor on his upper arms has additional armor, the armor on the shoulders also has additional armor that is connected to the armor that forms a high collar on the neck, and this armor also extends to the left and right upper back where the center is separated by additional armor that looks like the backbone and part of his additional exoskeleton-like armor.

Additional armor on armor on the upper arms also extends to the elbows, to the upper part and sides part of the forearms, and to the backs of the hands and upper part of the fingers. This additional armor appears to move following the movement of this man's body. The man gripped his arm, causing the additional armor on his upper arm, elbow, and wrist to expand and open into another shape. Followed by additional armor on the right and left upper back, and additional armor on the whole body opens and forms like a carved pattern that can move following Black Star's movements, and its shape becomes more ferocious. The man in the cloak looked surprised to see Black Star before him; he then thought.

“Damn, he looked ferocious….”

0