Chapter 19: Combination {?}
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Black Star almost couldn't believe what had happened; he punched with his left hand and kicked with his right and left leg; the man in the cloak meticulously parried each of these attacks with his cloak. Each of Black Star's attacks collided violently with the cloak and caused strong wind blasts to every collision. The man in the cloak moved backward while fending off every Black Star's attacks with his cloak. Black Star continued attacking with punches and kicks to create gaps in the man in the cloak's defense. The man in the cloak thought.

"His immense power is very dangerous, even if just one strike hits my body, it will be the end for me…"

The man in the cloak said.

"Skill activation, Trickster"

A black panel with white writing appears to the right of the man in the cloak:

 

[Trickster Skill Activated (00:09 Remaining)]

[Skill: Trickster lvl N/A

Skill Type: Active

Damage Type: None

Mana Usage: -100 (300/500 Remaining)

Cooldown: 30 minutes (29:59 remaining)

Effect: Increases Evasion Rate to 100% for 10 seconds.

Side effects: None]

 

The man in the cloak no longer tried to block Black Star's attacks, Black Star immediately punched the man in the cloak, and something unexpected happened. When Black Star's fist hit the man in the cloak's body, the man in the cloak's entire body scattered, causing Black Star's fist just hit empty air and make him falter. The man in the cloak moved to Black Star's side, and his body returned to normal. The man in the cloak punched Black Star firmly in the stomach and hit him, causing him to be shocked and congested in the stomach, but it did not injure him. Black Star thought.

"Urgh… what other tricks did he use."

Black Star, who had a quick movement, immediately punched the man in the cloak, who didn't look like he was about to dodge; once again, the man in the cloak's body dispersed. The man in the cloak immediately moved aside and punched Black Star in the face with his gauntlet, making Black Star furious.

Black Star immediately countered with fists and kicks, and all of them hit the man in the cloak, but at the same time, his body dispersed every time he received Black Star's attack, and the man in the cloak countered with punches from his right and left hands gauntlets, all over Black Star's body that he focused on the head. Finally, the man in the cloak's attacks that hit Black Star many times affected him, making Black Star stagger a little. The man in the cloak said.

"Skill activation, Gods Push"

A black panel with white writing appears to the right of the man in the cloak:

 

[Gods Push Skill Activated]

[Skill: Gods Push lvl 3

Skill Type: Active

Damage Type: Physical

Mana Usage: None (300/500 Remaining)

Cooldown: 20 seconds (19 remaining)

Effect: Deals 150 physical damage and a push effect on the target.

Side effects: None]

 

The man in the cloak slammed his right palm against Black Star's chest and sent him flying backward violently towards the garden in the center of the Pentagon building. Black Star was shocked as he thought.

"Something about his attack feels off."

The man in the cloak said.

"Item effect activation, Blink."

A black panel with white writing appears to the left of the man in the cloak:

 

[Blink Boots item effect activated]

[Item Effect: Blink lvl N/A

Effect Type: Active

Damage Type: None

Mana Usage: None (300/500 Remaining)

Cooldown: 20 Seconds (19 Remaining)

Effect: Blink to any area within the effect range.

Side effects: None]

 

The man in the cloak disappeared from where he was standing, then appeared above Black Star, who was still in a flung state, making Black Star startled.

“Skill activation, Phoenix's Wrath”

A black panel with white writing appeared beside the man in the cloak:

 

[Phoenix's Wrath Activated]

[Skill: Phoenix's Wrath lvl 1

Skill Type: Active

Damage Type: Magical

Mana Usage: -100 (200/500 Remaining)

Cooldown: 20 seconds (19 remaining)

Effect: Deals 400 magical damage to all enemies within range. Fire element damage bonus 20% on enemies weak to fire elements. Wind element damage bonus 20% on enemies weak to wind elements.

Side effects: None]

 

The yellowish-red gauntlet on the left hand of the man in the cloak let out a huge blaze that shot up, while the whitish-blue gauntlet on his right hand let out a huge grayish-black whirlwind that shot up. The fire and wind on the two gauntlets of the man in the cloak formed like wings. The man in the cloak thrust both his hands at Black Star, the fire and wind elements in both gauntlets converging to create a gigantic phoenix that smashed into Black Star forcefully and pushed him down, crashing and shattering the garden floor, followed by a vast flame explosion and grayish-black smoke. What just happened surprised the people who saw it from behind the rows of windows inside the Pentagon building.

Black Star was sprawled on the garden floor, which was almost completely destroyed; flames were burning in many parts of the garden around him, and made Black Star stunned. The man in the cloak let his body fall towards Black Star. Once the man in the cloak got close enough to the Black Star below him, he said.

“Skill activation, Heracles Smash.”

A black panel with white writing appeared next to the man in the cloak:

 

[Heracles Smash skill Activated]

[Skill: Heracles Smash lvl 1

Skill Type: Active

Damage Type: Physical

Mana Usage: None (200/500 Remaining)

Cooldown: 20 seconds (19 remaining)

Effect: Deals 300 physical + critical damage to the target.

Side effects: None]

 

The man in the cloak punched Black Star's body with great force, the force of the man in the cloak's fist shattered the surrounding area and lifted the ground around them, and a strong wind blast spread in all directions for a moment. The strong effect of the man in the cloak attack made him can land stably on Black Star's body. Black Star was now lying on the ground, barely moving.

“Urgh… I acknowledge your power.”

Black Star, who possessed the ability to fly, immediately lifted his body with a hard gound-shattering thump, causing the man in the cloak also to fly up several meters and startle him. The man in the cloak thought.

"What the hell, how come my attacks still don't work on him?"

Black Star immediately flew fast to the front of the man in the cloak and punched him fast and hard. The man in the cloak immediately used his cloak to block; Black Star's fist clashed with the cloak, causing a wind blast that spread in all directions, which at the same time revealed two black panels with white writings beside the man in the cloak:

 

[The Cloak of Grim Reaper item effect activated]

[Item Effect: Escape Death lvl N/A

Effect Type: Passive

Damage Type: None

Mana Usage: None

Cooldown: None

Effect: Reduces damage points of any type of attack or skill to zero (Warning: Only damage that hits the cloak is affected)

Side effects: None]

 

[The Cloak of Grim Reaper item effect activated]

[Item Effect: Desperate Soul lvl N/A

Effect Type: Passive

Damage Type: None

Mana Usage: None

Cooldown: None

Effect: Absorbs 50% of the damage from each attack or skill received by "The Cloak of Grim Reaper" and stores it. (Note: Can store damage of the last two attacks received by the cloak, and only damage that hits the cloak is absorbed)

Side effects: None]

 

Unlike before, the man in the cloak's body was flung backward and was still far from the ground. Black Star immediately flew swiftly to the top of the man in the cloak, which caused a wind blast, punched him downwards, and sent the man in the cloak's body shot downwards. As the man in the cloak's body almost hit the ground, he said in a raised voice.

"Item effect activation, Blink!"

The body of the man in the cloak suddenly disappeared and, at almost the same time, reappeared on the ground and standing in a steady stance, a good distance away from Black Star. The man in the cloak was taken aback as he thought.

"Did he increase the power of his attacks? This was the first time I was thrown when parrying using the Cloak of The Grim Reaper. But somehow I felt something strange…."

The man in the cloak turned his head towards the Pentagon building. Many Pentagon employees watched them from behind the rows of windows, and the man in the cloak immediately noticed something.

"As expected, he punched me down as well to deflect my body so I don't crash into the building and hit those people."

Black Star landed back on the ground; he walked steadily toward the man in the cloak as he spoke.

"Show me another trick of yours."

The man in the cloak appeared to remain calm.

0