Reincarnated To Live As I Please – Chapter 1
2.5k 6 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reincarnated To Live As I Please ~ Chapter 1 

Niro was always an unlucky guy. As a kid, his parents abandoned him at a very early age, leading to his trauma and innate fear of people. Due to how peculiar he was, he never had any friends in school growing up. As an adult, he was working a typical office job, nothing exciting, just monotonous days doing the same thing over and over again. His weak body would give in from time to time but he would somehow pull through and get things done. It was on one of these monotonous days that he was walking home from work. Pouring rain shut down the train so he had no option but to walk home. Typical as always, he was just unlucky enough that he didn't bring an umbrella either. Casually walking down the cross section, he saw a sudden flashing light. As he stared into the light, he instinctively knew. 

"Ah, its over" 

The rain made the truck slide, unable to brake. Niro Hayama, as known on earth, died that day. 

"Mmh?" Slowly through his groggy conscious Niro opened his eyes to see a saintly white room. There was not a single speck of imperfection. Everything from the walls to the floor was glowing a wonderful luminous white. Reminiscent of a holy temple where shadows did not exist. 

"It's warm" Niro said as he went to touch his wet body, only to notice that it was no longer wet. His clothes were completely dry, his tie perfectly done, and his hair was combed back. As his eyes finally regained their focus he saw a golden throne in the middle of the room. On top sat an old man in a white robe. He appeared about 60-70 years old. He was focused on a book in his lap looking just like a typical neighborhood grandpa. When Niro finally stood up, the old man tore his eyes from the book and looked him in the eyes. 

"Ah you're awake young one?"

"U-umm w-who are you?" Niro asked nervously

"Hmm, that's a tough question to answer my boy. I guess in your view I would be someone you people call god."

"I s-see. It seems like I really did die"

"Indeed you did. I brought your soul here after it left your body back on earth. Unfortunately the sudden warp was a big shock so you ended up passing out."

"O-ohh. So um, what's going to happen to me now? Am I going to heaven, or am I not worthy of that haha?" Niro said self-depreciatingly as he laughed with a sad smile. 

"No you misunderstand. I did not bring you here to punish you. It's quite the opposite infact. I'm here to apologize for my mistake." The old man said in a panick as he stepped down from his throne. 

"Apologize?" Niro questioned as he tilted his head in confusion 

"Yes. Have you ever thought of the reason your life was so hard? Why nothing ever went right?"

"Well, I did a lot. But I couldn't do anything about it so I just ignored it and tried to live as best as I could."

As Niro said that, the old man looked at him with eyes filled with sympathy and regret. 

"I have to admit that the pain you went through is my fault. When humans are born, they are given a certain amount of luck and fortune that will last them until the day they die. Unfortunately, some error happened and I gave all of your luck to someone else. Without the solidarity and protection of that luck, your life became dreadful. I sincerely apologize, it's my mistake." The old man bowed his head to Niro.

Niro was shocked. He had always felt as if someone had taken his luck away and his life was terrible as a result. Of course he couldn't ever be serious about it but he still fueled his frustrations. The fact that his entire life had been ruined just because of a simple mistake was infuriating, but at the same time he realised that there was nothing he could do about it. If he was rude to the so called God infront of him, he might just end up in a place worse than hell. Even ignoring the consequences, it wasn't like he could go back and relive his life. While he was having mixed emotions, his logical mind knew that there was no point getting angry at this current situation. 

"I won't say that I don't mind. My life was terrible. I regretted being born everyday but I was too scared to kill myself at the same time. It was a consuming cycle of not wanting to live but being too scared to die. But there's nothing that can fix it. Just please make sure no one else has to go through that again." Niro requested as he bowed his head to the old man. 

The old man was shocked. He hadn't expected Niro to be so reasonable about the whole situation. He was expecting an outburst, maybe even abuse and curses thrown at him. But instead of that, the man infront of him had asked to make sure no one had to go through the same things he had. 

Well if it's this child, then I guess I can only do as much 

"Young one, do you want another chance?"

"Another chance? At life?"

"Yes, another chance at life. I will reincarnate you into another world. One with things as fantastical as magic and monsters. I will give you my blessing, granting you great power, so you can life your life as you please. Consider it a gift from me, as compensation for the suffering you've endured."

Niro's eyes lit up at the prospect. While he was a peculiar child, he also once dreamed of the same things as a young boy would. He often daydreamed about drifting off to another world as a form of wish fulfillment. 

"C-can you do that? Is there any catch?"

"Of course I can, I am god you know? As for the second question, its less of a catch, and more of a request."

"Request?"

"Yes. I want you to become the king of that world. Rule over the world with my blessing, and lead them to greatness. It's just my wish though, take it easy and live how you want."

"What if what I want to do is bad?"

"My job is just to monitor the world and manage major catastrophe's. If you wish to do thing's that are not particularly favorable to me, I'll turn my eye to it. Consider it even."

"I see....heh, I'll try my best" For the first time in a long time, Niro had a wide grin on his face. The old man smiled seeing him getting excited. 

"You'll be reincarnated into the body of a 17 year old boy named Roel. He's the sole son of Duke Frenca in one of the major kingdoms of humanity. I'm sure you'll learn more about it once you reincarnate. As for your status and abilites, I've given you quite a nice set of blessings. Check them out for yourself once you wake up." The old man said while smirking. 

"Got it. I'll have to do quite a bit of learning but I'm welcome to it. Thank you for everything "God"." Niro said as he bowed deeply in thanks. 

"It's no problem. I'll be sending you off now, I have some other matters to attend to. I hope you have a good time!" 

With a wave of the old man's hand, all the light in the room surrounded Niro. Swirling particles of light violently distorted the space around Niro while his body started turning translucent. As his consciousness started drifting off, he saw the old man looking at him with a satisfied smile. 

In a dim room with the candlelight flickering, a black haired boy suddenly opened his eyes. As he peered out into the moonlight flooding through the window, his lips slowly inched upward into a smirk. 

"Heh, this will be fun."

 

 

 

 

 

33