1. Teacher
1.3k 5 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, that’s all for today. Make sure to do the homework I have given to you all. See you tomorrow!”

“See you tomorrow as well, Kotaro-sensei!”

The children happily took off their bags and with their groups cheerly came out of the classroom. The teacher – Kotaro Kenshin looked at them with a smile and seen them off.

“Being a teacher has its perks. At least I am not short of money to live happily.”

Kotaro, the man smiled gently as he sat down on floor looking at clouds in the sky. It was the time of sunset making the weather mild and good rather than the scorching afternoon.

He took a sip from his tea, happily enjoying the weather. A small wind flows making his long black hair sway.

“Being in a non-developed era is not bad. Away from the phones, from the buildings, away from the rush. No wonder many people leave cities to live a life in a countryside. I kind of wanted it as well, but who knew I would get this chance after my death.”

Kotaro smiled feeling the new serene and happy life he was living now. In modern life, the rush of the world, the rush of the work made him kind of machine who does everything to fit in society to live. But after his death, now he could feel the beauty of life.

“My efforts in studying really shone in this place. After all being educated in old times is a very valuable merit.”

Being a modern person, no doubt the knowledge Kotaro possess is very valuable. He who wanted to live a life with no rush, also needs to have money to live. So, in this small village he opened up a small school teaching the students all subjects he could.

The parents of the students also happily agreed, and he could also make money from it.

“All I need is to have a beautiful wife. But still this power I have…”

Kotaro stretched his hands and some sparks started to come out like electricity. One may confuse but these are not energy of electricity, but are the energy of sun that comes out through his breath.

This is hamon, the power that allows to use the power of sun through breathing.

“Even though I still train in case, but I guess being a normal world I don’t have to fear anything.”

At first when he found himself in this world, and found about his ability he was kind of afraid thinking if he was not in a normal world.

Because he has a strange power, then in a common sense he really shouldn’t be in a normal world, right?

But after living so many years, and not having any such fantasy type encounter, Kotaro gradually loosen up his nerves and started to live more comfortably. Though still he trains in case he is wrong.

“Kotaro-san! Kotaro-san!”

Hearing this familiar woman voice, Kotaro stood up and opened the door of his house and then looked at the familiar woman.

“Aunt Aiko. What happened?”

“I have found a new match for you! How about meet this one? I am sure you will fit with her?”

Aunt Aiko, being a matchmaker in this times looked at him with sparkling eyes. Kotaro sighed and nodded at her in reluctance.

“Well, I will meet the girl. Though I am not sure if she is the one for me.”

In search for a bride, Kotaro have met with multiple women but still he didn’t find the one for her. And Aunt Aiko, a kind of relative took this task and occasionally come to him with marriage proposals.

Now it’s the 7th time, she came to him. Kotaro didn’t want to go anymore but looking at her eyes he knew that their no way to refuse her. Or else she will annoy him till he agrees.

“Well this is the place and time, don’t forget!”

And like a wind, she came and went away.

“Not having a photo is really a bit inconvenient.”

In modern matchmaking, normally photos of other parties are exchanged, but now in this old times how can it commonly exist?

“Well, it’s not like I lose anything. Trying out is not a bad option.”

And then Kotaro closed the wooden slide door and returned to his big house and sat down like before in rest sipping the rest of the tea.

“Still, isn’t it too quick to get married at 18?”

---

“Still, most places here have common names.”

Kotaro looked at this town named Sakura Town. Probably named after the huge amount of cherry blossom trees in this town.

People were working as usual, moving from places to places.

And he is also with his usual black kimono like a small part of masses, Kotaro was walking behind Aunt Aiko. Today was the day, he has to meet his new date.

Strangely enough in his outfit, many people were kind of attracted towards him. Of course, it is not like Kotaro is too handsome. He is very average man. But the aura he emitted unconsciously is just too soothing. It just makes everyone feel good.

It’s like kindness overflowing making everyone feel the goodness of the world. Kotaro himself never admitted himself as some kind of saint, after all he is just a normal human.

But the matureness in his young face and kindness he emits draws people towards him unknown to him. And Aunt Aiko also noticed it a long time ago. And that is why she is sure that the date she set today will definitely go successful.

‘I am sure that this girl is perfect for this boy.’

As a normal adult, it is kind of fun for her to see the relationships growing among young ones. And Aiko was one of the kinds who took a high amount of interest in this thing.

And with that he and Aunt both entered a house, a big house just like his own.

‘It is probably the house of the girl.’

And as soon he entered, he was greeted by many people. Most likely they are the parents of the girl. In this kind of era, it is a huge relief if the girl is married.

And from the over enthusiastic behaviour of the parents, Kotaro kind of guessed that the girl must be also one of the kind that is different from the normal girls.

“Nice to meet you. I am Kotaro Kenshin.”

He bowed as a respect carrying no arrogance or self-esteem. Kotaro was type of person who never held himself as the kind of the best. It certainly made him not withdraw best of his abilities like high self-esteem person, but his humbleness is one his most noticeable trait.

“N-Nice to meet you as well.”

All of them bowed in response and kind of stuttered as well.

“It is okay to not bow. After all I am younger than you.”

“W-Well if you say so.”

To say the truth, they themselves don’t know what all of them bowed to him. If anyone asks them, they would probably say that the feeling Kotaro gives off is serene and calm making them respect him.

After the greeting, Kotaro waited for his date to arrive standing near the big Sakura tree in the yard. The air was calm and fresh invigorating his blood more. Soon a small wind breeze passes making pink leaves fall.

“It’s really beautiful.” X2

Listening a new girl’s voice, Kotaro turned side to see a girl, beautiful having a very pure character yet kind of sadness inside her.

“It seems you also like the view. Nice to meet you, I am Kotaro Kenshin.”

And he smiled a lightly, as the light reflected on his face. For some reason, as soon he introduced himself, the girl’s eyes widened with a layer of water forming in it.

But the girl controlled it. And then smiled shyly yet kindly.

“I-I am Mitsuri Kanroji. N-Nice to meet you as well, Kotaro-sama.”

Kotaro looked at her more closely as soon he heard that familiar name. Maybe it was because of the changed looks he couldn’t identify her in one glance, but after a close look he was sure this time.

‘So, I am in Demon Slayer world!’

 

44