17. The Bone Demon(1)
439 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To get quicker updates, and additional chapters, support me at ->

[email protected]/cherryblooming

Change '@' to 'a' while typing the link.

---

"This..."

Kotaro with determination came out of the room with Mitsuri, but it didn't take long enough for both of them to be scared.

There was blood everywhere, making the shrine smell like blood.

'I can't be scared. If I am scared, what will happen  of Mitsuri?'

After being reborn, and finding himself, Kotaro's will was stronger than before. Even though Mitsuri gave him a motivation speech in the room, it was evident that she was also scared because today is the first time both of them faced a real demon.

Till now, these two were lucky enough to find a demon in isolated area, with not much humans around.

And that's why they faced demons, just thinking of it as a being just a bit powerful than human.

But now they finally saw the demon's deeds. The half eaten human body lying on the ground. Kotaro bent down and touched it to find it warm. He stood up, and then he could feel Mitsuri's hand shivering unconsciously.

'Mitsuri...'

Kotaro could feel her fear from her hand. Even though she didn't showed it, she was very scared.

He just grabbed her hand more tightly, making her hand warm, giving her a sense of security.

"Kotaro-san..."

"Let's go, Mitsuri. After telling me all that, don't tell me you don't intend to save people?"

Now, rather than showing care to sooth her, it's better to fuel her courage for the upcoming fight. And it worked as he thought.

'I was the one who insisted Kotaro-san about being a demon slayer. I can't become a burden to him. I will become a person who can stand beside him!'

"Umm."

Mitsuri grabbed his hand tightly and both of them started looking for the demon.

It didn't take long for them to find the demon. After a few steps, and the demon was kneeling, chewing the flesh of a monk, splashing the blood all around.

'This demon is a different level!'

Even though the demon still has to move, Kotaro could feel that this demon is totally different from the low class demons they encountered till now.

This demon had a overbearing aura rendering them with its presence.

'I-I can't move!'

As if he noticed it now, he stopped eating and then turned his head towards them making Mitsuri hold his hand a bit more tighter, making it ache a bit.

But that pain also made Kotaro wake up from the overwhelmed fear of the demon. 

"Oh! I found it. A strong human body! If I eat it... Kekeke... I will become stronger and can join Twelve Kizuki!"

His eyes were solely concentrated towards Mitsuri, looking at her with a drool in his mouth.

"This guy..."

Kotaro was afraid of the demon. But that demon's remark of Mitsuri akin to food made his insides boil with anger.

His heart started pumping more, and his blood started circulating more. He probably didn't realise but his Hamon was unconsciously leaking out.

"Mitsuri. Let's go and avenge the monks."

Mitsuri was still nervous, but seeing Kotaro looking at demon with no fear, she also took a deep breath and followed him.

"Yes, Kotaro-san!"

"Oh! You want to fight me? When you are not even a demon slayer? Don't underestimate me, human!"

Both of them rushed towards it, only to find the demon stretching his hands and then...

Bang! Bang!

From his palm, small sharp pieces of bones came out flying towards them.

"Mitsuri, dodge it!"

"Yes!"

Mitsuri with her strength jumped side, while Kotaro jumped the other side. But unlike Mitsuri, he wasn't that fortunate to dodge it with no injury.

"Aargh! My arm."

Several pieces of bones pierced into his arm, and stucked in it.

"Kotaro-san!"

"Don't worry, Mitsuri! It's a small injury. For now, concentrate in attacking the demon."

Mitsuri who was about to come toward him in worry, stopped as soon she heard him. Though she wanted to come to him at any cost, she also knows that it will create an opening in front of demon.

And if she gets injured, Kotaro-san would be more sad.

Kotaro after taking out the small pieces from his hand stood up, facing the demon who was laughing like a maniac.

"Kekeke... To think you can still stand after my blood arts. As expected, you both are good to become my meal!"

'So, he is a demon with blood arts. It's our first time encountering it.'

He looked at his hand, where the small wounds has started to heal due to hamon. 

'It's good that injuries were small. Or else I wouldn't be able to heal it will hamon.'

"Mitsuri."

He called Mitsuri who just looked at him and nodded. At this moment, no words needed to be said.

Because the next course of action is very obvious. And that is to defeat the demon.

Kotaro quickly boosted up and went up to the demon. And with Hamon infused fist, he punched it but the demon jumped back and dodged it.

'Fast!'

But Mitsuri being much more faster and flexible than Kotaro, was behind and she just waited for the time and then punched the demon.

"Aargh! It hurts!"

Despite being a demon, the punch was powerful enough to hurt the demon though it didn't did any significant damage.

"I will kill you first!"

He just turned back and lifted his hand and fired off the small bone missiles towards Mitsuri.

"Mitsuri, dodge it!"

Mitsuri jumped side, but the demon didn't stop just with once. Mitsuri continued to run, but the demon didn't let her rest and continued to fire towards her.

"You seem to forget that I am behind you!"

Kotaro jumped and finally landed a hamon punch on the demon.

'Shallow!'

"Aaa! W-What is this!!"

The demon started to scream because this time he could feel the pain like a scorching sun behind him.

"I-It hurts!"

But soon it stopped. And the destroyed part started to regenerate.

"I should have aimed for the head."

Kotaro's punch was shallow, and because the demon quickly moved before he could make the hamon completely penetrate it.

To kill demons using Hamon, is to penetrate the hamon throughout the demon's body. But it will take time to circulate hamon through the demon's body to destroy it completely. If not, then only a small part will be destroyed and then it will regenerate again.

And the more easy one is to just use hamon on it's head. As long the head can be dealt with the rest of the body will die just like the way normal demon slayer deal with demons.

---

Thanks for Reading.

Comments for your opinions. And some constructive criticism would be helpful.

16