Rise Of The Skeletons
172 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Attack, attack, attack...

listen to orders, swing your sword, kill your enemy, attack the next enemy...

Atta-

[Revive]

What happened to me? oh yes, I remember. I was killed by a sword blow to my head. Anyway, attack, just attack. That's all you have to think about, I must listen to orders. 

Thousands of skeletons are fighting with me, we are losing... that big ogre is crushing all our troops, I must attack him.

Atta-

...

...

[Revive]

I'm revived again, how many times is this? Does all this make any sense? Anyway, I have to keep fighting.

*Flash*

What's going on? what was in this light? huh? Why are our numbers decreasing? You must be resurrected! We can't lose! we can't disappoint him! he? where is he!?

I raised my head for a second and looked around, as if my eyes were seeing for the first time. The whole place was in flames, monsters were attacking our troops and killing us all. Dragons, trolls, ogres, goblins and more... But why was no one resurrected? no matter what happens, no matter how many times we die, we'll be revived.

And then I looked at the person lying at my feet, who, unlike us skeletons, was human. It looked so familiar, as if I had seen it a thousand times.

O-Owner? what happened to you? you can't die! what will we do now? Until now you always told me what to do! You can't die like this, you never lose! you are the strongest person in the world! Why do I have to think about these? Have you ever thought about anything before? am i afraid am i worried? Do I even have feelings?

I looked at the owner's body lying on the ground, noticing a large claw mark on his chest. His whole body was covered in blood, he raised one hand in the air, as if he was trying to touch me. A weak skeleton soldier like me had no chance to live without possession, if I'm going to die here, I'd rather die next to the owner. I bent down and approached the owner, who touched my chest with his hand.

"My dear soldier, I'm sorry to leave you alone. Isn't it funny how the weakest of all my skeleton soldiers and the most powerful necromancer in the world are in such a position? Haha- *cough*"

Owner... i wish i could speak, my whole life has been spent serving you. So why am I so sad about your death?

"Even if everything seems so bad, I have to save at least one of you, this power is superior to all powers... if I had gotten this sooner, I wouldn't be dead right now. But I'm sure you will use this power well..."

What power?

A green light came out of the owner's hand and began to spread into my rib cage. I felt endless streams of light running through all of my bones.

[New Owner Detected]

What is this sound?

"I hope you use this power better than I do, my dear skeleton. With my last remaining strength, I will teleport you away from here and blow up this battlefield."

No! What will I do alone? what can i do without you!?

"Prove to me that you are more than a skeleton."

[Teleport]

Suddenly, a purple filter of light appeared, and I was teleported to the top of a hill in a distant woodland.

What happened? where am i?

From here I could see the battlefield, then suddenly there was an explosion, then the second, then the third, and then the whole battlefield was destroyed by explosions.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

This was the first time my voice came out.

I can't believe the owner lost, what can I do if even he can't make it?..

[New owner's properties scanned, want to see?]

This sound again! Is this the power the owner gave me?

Umm, yes?

[Status Panel]

[Owner: Skeleton]

[Level: 1]

[Power: 4]

[Speed: 4]

[Durability: 3]

[Mana: 2]

[Unused Points: 0]

[Skills: ???, Resurrection, Bone Shaping]

[Soldier Capacity: 0/3]

Level? Skills? what does all this mean? If the owner was with me, I could ask him. No, he is no longer here. I have to figure this out alone, I'm more than a skeleton!

Resurrection? What is this?

[Resurrection][Level 1]

[It allows you to raise the dead and rule them. Once you have resurrected a dead body, you can destroy them and summon them again at any time.]

So this thing answers whatever I ask it? What is bone shaping?

[Bone Shaping][Level 1]

[It allows you to shape the bones the way you want.]

I leaned against the rock next to me and looked up at the sky, I could see all the stars. This is very nice...

What am I going to do with all this power? Will I take revenge on someone? so from whom? from the ogres? from dragons? Why were all those monsters attacking us?

[Some of the Old Owner's Memories Recovered, Wanna See?]

Memories? Yes!

"These monsters are too many, even I cannot deal with an army of monster summoners alone. It was King Lewis who put them all on me, I trusted you, you were my best friend. Damn it, If I could have gotten this power sooner..."

Summoners? King Lewis? Was he betrayed by his best friend? But why? If he's his best friend, why would he betray him?

And again talking about this power, is this mysterious power really that powerful?

How will I use this power? Should I try bone shaping since there's no body nearby?

Can I turn my arm into a pointed sword?

Be the Sword! Turn to sword! I summon the sword!

I guess it doesn't work like that.

Maybe I should just imagine my arm turning into a sword and using that power. Okay, let's try it.

[Bone Shaping]

The bones in my arm suddenly changed shape and turned into a sword.

Wow! That's great, now i have a sword. Can I do this to my other arm too?

[Bone Shaping]

Wow! Now i have a two sword! what if i can get a sword out of the middle of my head too? No, I think that would be too much.

*Noises*

It looks like there's something in the bushes. Now, should I test my new power?

9