Elven Kingdom
63 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We've been walking for hours, are you sure we're on the right track?

"I am feeling…"

Do you feel? Can you be a space fantasy book fan? The owner would occasionally tell us about a book he had read, a book about men fighting with lightsabers. I know, isn't it funny? That's impossible, haha.

Man, I may not feel anything, but I'm sure my feet are tired. Soon the sun will set so we better take shelter somewhere, there are more scary monsters around at night.

"Here…"

Is it here? There is only one huge tree here. Could it be a tree you planted while you were alive? It can be nice to remember old memories, but we don't have time for that right now.

"HERE…"

All right, what should I do? Should I pull a branch of this tree or something? Maybe a secret door will open.

One of the things I discovered on this long journey was that I could hide my soldiers in a kind of void. And I could call them back whenever I wanted, so I sent Darion into void before approaching the tree just in case. Just as I was approaching the tree, my foot tripped on a branch and I fell forward, when I got up and looked around, I was met with an incredible sight. It was like I was in another world. Islands flying in the sky, waterfalls, huge trees and a huge palace.

One of the guard elves:

"Hey, didn't the hunting troops return already? So who is this? Doesn't he look like someone I know?

"I don't know man, I can't see him because of his hoodie, but it must be one of us. If he wasn't an elf, he wouldn't be able to pass through the magical gate, right?

"Yeah, I guess you're right, but isn't this guy's actions a bit strange? His skin is too pale, as if it were white…as if… HE IS A SKELETON?!"

"GUARDS, ATTACK!"

Suddenly two elves appeared in front of me and they swung their swords towards me very quickly, I blocked them at the last moment.

"Wait, I'm not the enemy."

"What? A talking skeleton? Could it be a mystical creature? Anyway, we must report this to the king. Take him to the prison."

Even though they had such good swordsmanship and quick movements, their appearance was too beautiful. They were all so beautiful that I couldn't tell if they were boys or girls. Even if I wanted to counter them, I didn't respond because they were stronger than me, if I had summoned Darion I could have taken down a few, but that wouldn't make sense. More elves would come and they would kill us. The two elves took me to the lowest floor of the palace, although it was a huge prison, I was the only one there. From what I heard, I understood that only elves could enter here, so how did I get in here? Because Darion is with me? It's true that he was an elf before he died, but now he's a skeleton.

"Wait here."

"Do I have any other choice?"

For several hours I just sat, trying to talk to Daron, but he wouldn't answer me. Maybe he was mad at me for coming in alone, after all, this is his home.

[Bone Shaping]

I sharpened the tip of my finger.

"The Owner and Darion was here."

Yes, it was a nice keepsake.

"Get up, the king is waiting for you."

We were going to the king's side with the two elves, this time the elves who took me were wearing heavier armor. We came to the door of the king's chamber, it was a huge gold-embroidered door. The doors opened and we went inside. The king was very handsome. He had short blonde hair, big blue eyes, and arrogant eyes.

"So you're the famous skeleton that came in, because of you, there was a lot of confusion in the palace."

"Haha, Sorr-"

"Shut up, I didn't let you speak."

I could feel the aura emitted by the king in all my joints, like a monster eager to kill its prey at any moment.

"How did you get inside? Explain."

"I just walked?"

"Did you just walk? Well… I guess we won't be able to solve this by talking, huh?"

Before I could even react, the king took his sword and suddenly appeared in front of me, as he was about to smash his sword into my face and shatter my skull, there was the sound of two swords clashing at once.

"Ha? Where did you come from too?"

Darion had appeared of his own accord and blocked the sword. Even I could feel his anger. But how had he prevented the king? There was a strange movement around Darion's sword, obviously weaker than him.

"Wind Aura? Are you an elf? Only the king's descendants can use this aura, so how do you use it?"

"I, KING, DARION!"

For a second, all sounds stopped, as if no one was even breathing.

"Father?"

*Bone Falling Sound*

"Sorry, sorry. My jaw sometimes comes out of place, you keep talking."

My chin dropped to the floor in surprise. So Darion is this man's father? So Darion was really king?

"You were dead, how did you end up like this? Is this a magic? What have you done to my father, you damn skeleton!"

The king began to emit that deadly aura again, just as he was about to walk towards me when Darion again put his sword in the king's path.

"Father? Why are you doing this? Why are you protecting him? Isn't that the skeleton that woke you up from your peaceful sleep? At least he should have left you alone while you slept!"

"NO REVENGE… NO PEACE…"

"Revenge? What revenge? Will we take revenge on people? We hid here because they destroyed our village 700 years ago! Did you think everything was over after you died? We all kept fighting! Thousands of elves died, our women and children were abducted, don't you think I wanted revenge? But as the next king, I had a decision to make, protect my people? Or fighting people? I chose my people. Unlike you, father."

A silence filled the atmosphere again, and at that moment I felt that I had to speak.

"He was dead when I found your father, but he suddenly came to life and started to fight me. When I defeated him, he suddenly turned into a soldier serving me, of course, there are times when he doesn't listen to me. Just as before…"

"Serving someone in power is just what my father would do. So you beat my dad, huh? You must have been quite strong then, my father was the founder of the elven kingdom and was our strongest warrior. Does that mean you've been underestimating me all this time? Is that why you didn't attack me?"

The king was getting angry again, was I stronger than him? Me? For Real? Should I tell him I beat his father by blowing up a few squirrels?

"No, I have to thank you. For staying calm and observing the situation. Thank you for taking my father with you and taking care of him. You can stay here as long as you want, humans or monsters cannot enter here. That is, apart from you."

"I should thank you, your majesty."

I will never tell him that I resurrected his father and made him my slave.

4