Ch1: The Greatest Piece
107 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Note: One of my keys are broken so I only can do lowercase, you might find some words starting with a letter which is supposed to be capitalized that is the reason. Grammar comments are appreciated. There won't be info dumps like this one later on.]

 

“I believe that humans are stronger than other animals because of one thing, Desire. Born with intellect and emotions humans have progressed far but they possess one thing no other animal or species on earth has, their desire. Animals have instinct programmed for them to survive but as humans live they find out what they want to do and their desire blossoms allowing them to go farther than any other animal."

 

A quote by Gabri Til Legas before dying while playing his famous song  “My Desire”

 

_______________________

 

I looked at the hundreds of people in the arena, all cheering for me.

 

An arena only the top musicians in history ever entered and I was here, in the middle of all of it basking in the glory and fame.

 

Here is where I make my final piece, the piece that will fulfill me and my career.

 

I calmly walked to the microphone while everyone started becoming quiet. The arena was filled with silence with a few sounds of cameras flashing and whispering filling the arena. 

 

“Greetings everyone! Right after this speech I will play my final piece which will signature the end of my career, I spend twenty years learning and enjoying music after first listening to it at the age of five on the streets where I was homeless, a quiet street with that old tv playing on the shop around the corner with music always coming out of it. Just listening filled me with happiness.”

 

I took a pause before taking the microphone off the stand and walking on the stage prepared for the middle of the arena.

 

“I practiced singing by myself by watching the tv everyday, I became a popular street kid who sang which earned me money, I met bad people and good ones and kept rising up in the social rankings. Now here I am.”

 

I said, opening my arms wide with a smile on my face, my reflection on the huge tv posted up for everyone to see, I had my signature messy green dyed hair and fedora.

 

‘Yes, this is it. My chosen moment for the world to hear beauty in sound and heart!’

 

I spinned before coming upon my piano covered by cloth.

 

“I loved the piano, every instrument is great but the piano creates such beautiful sounds with just a touch of a finger.”

 

I took the cloth off revealing a black shiny huge piana with a seat prepared for me.

 

“I will cut to the chase, I never cared much about life. After all, I barely survived my kid years and had to do everything I could to eat a nice meal and I got tired of that life real quick, but music completed me. It made me love life and I realized something after all these years.”

 

I slowly sat down upon the soft cushion prepared for me. I slowly reached into my shirt pocket before pulling out a pill and swallowing it.

 

‘No pain now, a drug off the black market that makes you feel as if nothing will affect you.’

 

“I believe that humans are stronger than other animals because of one thing, Desire. Born with intellect and emotions humans have progressed far but they possess one thing no other animal or species on earth has, their desire. Animals have instinct programmed for them to survive but as humans live they find out what they want to do and their desire blossoms allowing them to go farther than any other.”

 

After saying my speech most of the people exclaimed in cheers before calming down after a few minutes.

 

“I will officially say I have taken an illegal drug to experience no pain and elevate my senses, it was caught on camera and I will go to the police willingly. But let me show all of you my desire!”

 

I calmly tapped onto the piano keys creating a calm tune that makes one feel anticipation of what comes next.

 

“I will put my life on the line to create the best piece ever created!”

 

I went crazy with the keys after saying my last words for the world. The last words I said to myself. The last words I ever said.

 

I lost myself in the music, all the desire built up within me exploded from my brain all the way down to my nerves and onto my fingertips which dazzled across the piano faster and faster.

 

The world seemed to slow down before me as sweat dripped off of me, I felt nothing as I kept playing faster and harder as if my emotions were weighing down the piano keys.

 

I felt myself smile crazily as my veins popped out of my arms, my fingertips getting bloody and the keys slowly getting covered in blood. Yes this was my piece covered by me! No one else can touch this piano or this piece, all those who try will fail! Because this piece is life and death itself created into a song!

 

A song that will overcome anything, I will push my body’s limits and will, my desire will overcome all of that!

 

Because this piece is my one and only desire!

 

I couldn't tell how much time had passed as I kept playing, my lips and mouth were dry from all the air I was sucking in, my fingers were blistered and bloody.

 

But the piece was coming to an end, no matter how much I played.

 

I slowly played slower and slower until the final key was pressed signaling the end.

 

Cheers erupted as I smiled. I don’t know how I played or what I played but it was the peak of my desire and with that I tried to get up but fell down as my vision slowly closed.

 

‘I hope that peace transcends death itself and becomes life once again for I will always want to play it again, even in the afterlife.”

 

I always thought I was one with words and I believed it.

 

___________________________

 

The world was in mayhem after Gabri died. The famous musician played for the whole world to hear, millions of people were watching the event wanting to hear his last piece. 

 

Everyone was shocked at him mentioning the pill like it was nothing and the police who were watching it even looked stupefied but no one came after him, because they felt it.

 

Something magical was about to happen.

 

Gabri played for over three hours without stopping, everyone listened closely to the beautiful song which surpassed everyone's imagination. As the blood dripped down his fingers onto the piano keys covering it in his own blood. Everyone watched as he stopped playing before getting up and falling down.

 

Everyone was shocked, surprised, and excited. Some were still clapping while others were calling medics.

 

A day after the incident it was revealed he died from nerve shock. His brain and body had their nerves shocked from playing the piano with such concentration while the drug ran through his system caused his nerves to become shocked, it was later revealed even if he did not take the pill and played like that he would have still died. It was also reported he died with a huge smile one his face fitting his end.

 

His piano was taken into a famous museum where it was displayed as the last piano played by Gabri with his blood was stained on it.

 

His piece called “My Desire” became famous for centuries as a piece which was comparable to a god’s piece. No one ever fully replicated the piece.

 

________________________

 

I groaned as my head felt fuzzy.

 

‘What happened? I passed out so is this the hospital room?’

 

I leaned up pened my eyes to find myself in a comfy chair in an office room with someone staring at me.

 

A being with one eye that had a black pupil, it was a giant eyeball floating.

 

“Did you have a good rest Mr. Gabri?”

 

My face morphed even further into shock as the eyeball somehow spoke, the voice resounded from all around me making it feel like I was being watched from all sides.

 

I calmed my beating heart and slowly opened my shaking mouth.

 

“W-What are you?”

 

I spoke cautiously, a being never seen was staring at me so I was interested in what it was and afraid of what it might do.

 

The eyeball blinked before slowly morphing like a type of slime in a game into a humanoid form that resembled a spokesperson from a tv channel I saw.

 

“This should be better for you, I am a fan of yours. Your music inspires many outer beings, most went crazy after seeing your last piece even using your soul to fuel it which no moral ever did. Desire did indeed blossom within you, hopefully other mortals might follow your footsteps and evolve to that point.”

 

I was confused at what it was talking about before realizing what happened. I have died and seemed to be talking to an unknown being.

 

“I see.”

 

I was calm now after thinking about the situation, now was the time to figure out what I’m supposed to do now.

 

“So there’s like gods out there?”

 

I asked hoping to satisfy my growing curiosity.

 

“By “Out There” you mean the dimensional boundary then yes, I am currently speaking your language and Dimensional fits the best, there are other species like you and I’m currently talking like theres only humans or I wouldn't have used “mortals” to define beings like you for that I apologize but it makes things must simpler for you and I.”

 

It acted like a professional scientist or therapist. I enjoyed the atmosphere of respect it created, it was nice considering it seemed to be in a much better position than me.

 

“Now dimensional beings release energy which creates these things you call chemicals, space, and all the other interesting terms. We never purposefully created humans and as such it just naturally came about, that’s why your world evolved by the wild because the energy wants to expand, it is programmed to do it like you said and you guys are a rare occurrence of that energy.”

 

I listened to it in great interest as he explained.

 

“That's why some animals have more emotions or thoughts than others, but humans were a huge mutation resembling the outer being the energy originally came from, it was a spectacle to watch. We like watching all the humans and what they create, we also enjoy other species as lucky as you.”

 

I leaned back in deep thought before smiling.

 

“That’s amazing! No wonder we never found the reason we started, it was because of higher beings, well we kinda did but in different ways.”

 

“Yes, now when energy reaches a certain point to invoke a conscious in it that energy stays, death is simply energy returning its original energy to get refined, as energy expands it basically multiples but once it multiples too much it slowly withers so it naturally goes back to it’s original birth spot which is us. That's where souls as you call it come in, most of the time we just let them on because well we don’t care that much about every human but some are special enough that we want to continue watching them.”

 

“Also energy can kill each other or just become non living which is like trucks and the such. Cells multiplying as you grow can be seen as energy multiplying whole cells dying can be seen as going back, that energy can get hurt or shocked reverting in it going back faster.”

 

I tapped on the desk in thought before looking around.

 

“So you are this whole space then?”

 

It looked happy at my question.

 

“Yes, much bigger in fact but shrunk to talk to you, I decided to reincarnate you in a world that would make your desire bigger, we can make worlds and add anything we want as we can manipulate energy into anything, superpower and abilities whatever you want, we can do it. We would naturally watch you and well let you do whatever you want. However we won’t save you from death a second time, the answer to this is we simply can’t. You might get abilities to prolong your life or go into other worlds which we will create for you in a snap but once energy tries to go back a second time after being reformed by us it cannot be manipulated again. So choose wisely.”

 

I looked at it with a blank stare before rubbing the back of my head.

 

“You see, I spent my precious twenty five years of life just playing music and never read books, watched tv or read manga.”

 

“I know, I was just saying the end to be humble. I already chose a world but I want to ask you something, what are you gonna desire now? You completed the desire for music so what are you gonna choose now?”

 

I thought for a second before smiling.

 

“I felt at the peak of life when I died, like all I worked for was worth it to feel that so I desire an even more beautiful death. Can you grant me that? A death worth more than putting my soul itself into music and creating music comparable to you.”

 

The being thought for a second before smiling. It’s first smile revealed devilish teeth causing me to shiver.

 

“Yes I can do that, humans might call you a sociopath or psychopath considering your state of mind so I do something that fits it. I grant you a death that will make you feel like it was worth a million eons. It's up to you to make the most of it.”

 

It’s eyes fully opened as the world around me slowly disappeared/

 

“Now sleep.”

 

_________________

 

A weird looking creature that looked like an ant but three times bigger than a human walked through a tunnel towards an area.

 

It stopped at an open area where four huge sacs were hanging from huge ants hanging onto the ceiling.

 

They all varied in size but the first one before the three behind it was the biggest almost touching the dirt floor.

 

‘The royal guards, I shall come up with names for you myself.’

 

The ant thought before putting its claw on the biggest sac.

 

‘The one who protects my son until the end, the royal head guard. You will be more powerful than the other three, I shall give you the name Puipui.’

 

As if hearing her thoughts, the sac moved and squirmed before calming down, the outline of the thing inside it could be seen growing at a visible rate before stopping.

 

The ant then walked away leaving the sacs on their own.

6