CHAPTER 2: GENOMORPHS
179 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I still do not understand this body, even feeling weak I was able to help the dog to get out, it is confusing, as I approach the door my body is paralyzed when I see myself in a mirror located to the right of the door, it was not me, w-who is this person, I fell to the floor from astonishment to see that this was not my face, it is not my body, something is very wrong what is this body, and where is my real body, I would say I am dreaming but the pain in my ears remains constant along with my limited ability to move.

In the room I was in there were no documents to look for information on why I was there and why I had this body, but in this one, if there are, apparently on one of the desks there are documents that have general information about the dog like his name is Krypto and about whatever I am, my name according to this document is Kon-El, according to the data I am some sort of clone of a being known as Kal-El or also known as Superman. ... it seems a badly told joke, that name and alias are from a comic book character, it's impossible... shit I don't have time to read all this, and even less in my current state, I'll take these documents with me.

Seeing the dog I feel a little calmer despite everything, everything is more complicated if this is not my body, that explains why I don't have so much freedom of movement, but still, I can't stop, I'll have the answers when I'm in a safe place, we just have to go out and check that the beast is gone, I'll check it carefully.

The dog did not take long to come out and did not wait for me to check the outside, I still do not have enough strength to run, but little by little I am getting used to this body although I still do not understand many things, just as I do not understand how it is possible that the dog that a moment ago was on the ground began to levitate naturally 10 cm from the ground, and goes out shot down the corridor where the scientists were running before, I guess I have no choice but to follow him, apparently he knows the way out of this place in crisis.

The path is full of corpses, the blood is not well appreciated by the red lights of the alarms, Krypto keeps moving forward, he is not going fast enough, I still do not assimilate the fact of seeing a dog flying, I guess his speed is not higher because he is trying to guide me to the exit, he must feel indebted, I guess it's better than dying locked up without being able to do anything, the elevators do not work, although it would be stupid to go for them when a place is collapsing.

Climbing stairs is difficult in my condition, but Krypto helps me by pushing me from behind to keep my balance, apparently for what we have advanced we have been lucky not to find beasts like the one on lower floors, but we have found some of the much smaller size, almost the size of a monkey, with big heads and thin body, they are fast, Fortunately, they only focus their attention on attacking the scientists giving us time to slip away, the noises of the soldiers' weapons made the small beasts run, but the big ones, on the contrary, attacked the soldiers like a leopard attack a deer, now our biggest problem is that there are two of these small creatures in the only door that gives me to understand that it is the exit by the number of bodies that there are around it.

I will not deny that Krypto has helped me to calm down and stay sane, but it is still terrifying, unknown creatures, blood, and mutilated bodies everywhere, luckily among some of the bodies there were some soldiers, I managed to arm myself with one of their weapons, but to tell the truth, I had never fired one, maybe if I just shoot in the air they will get scared and run away without putting Krypto and me in danger.

I try to get as close as possible, krypto goes in front of me in an attack position in case things get out of control, I shoot towards the ceiling.

"AAAAARGH!!!" - SHIT, AGAIN, MY EARS, apparently the gunshots also caused an annoyance in krypto his shriek, although it was faint I could hear it clearly.

"I'm sorry buddy, I didn't mean to hurt you, come on let's move on."

Although the pain is unbearable and my sight became blurry again, I felt a little confused, but I have to stand up, because the big beasts will not take long to arrive because of the shots I just made, the small beasts did not hesitate to run away, so that problem is already solved, it only remains to go out through that door that looks like an elevator, although it seems ridiculous, it is the only way out I see, there are no more stairs to climb, so there is no other option.

Loud footsteps interrupt my path, apparently, explosions and blows are heard approaching me, it seems to be going through the walls.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

P.O.V ROBIN

"Boy wonder you should stop going alone, we are a team now and it's important if we want to complete the mission."

"Don't worry Aqualad, I'm just in the CADMUS computer room, it's supposed to be just a fire, but something's not right, this just seems like a distraction, so any information helps us figure out what's really going on, poetic justice remember, besides, the kid flash  has already checked the whole facility and saving some civilians, and most importantly, you're helping to put out as much fire as possible along with those hose guys, you're handling it well and... BINGO!...wait this is weird..."

"Ehhhh...guys...I just saw someone going down an elevator, and they're not supposed to be running in the middle of a fire."

"kid Flash give us your location and Robin what did you find?"

"Apparently there is only one system that is receiving power it must be that elevator you just saw kid flash ...just as I suspected it is a high-speed express elevator, this shouldn't be in a two-story building, we need to check..."

"Ok, the elevator should be opening, what do you see kid flash?"

"Just a drop that would leave us like a hot dog falling from a 5 story."

"That explains why there is an elevator like that in this facility, there must be a subway base, Robin doesn't hurry, we'll all go down together... Robin?"

"Hahahahahaha you guys are so slow...shit, I ran out of rope to go down, I made it all the way to the -26th floor, I'll try to open the hatch while you guys go down the rope."

"Ok Robin, we see you, kid flash guy keep an eye out for anything that happens."

"Ok guys, we made it in, well let's go to Project CADMUS, kid flash check the left perimeter and report back if you find anything if you find a computer room let me know, Aqualad and I will check this side."

Well according to reports from CADMUS systems, it was a government genetic engineering facility, Superman was against using the place, so he wouldn't work with the government. But apparently, as it passed into the hands of scientist Lillian Luthor, i.e. Lex Luthor's mother this changed and already the facility has no formal ties to the government, still, this subway location was never checked out.

"Robin look at this..."

Amazing what are these capsules, each one has a different number, and their contents can't be seen well, there must be information in some document, BINGO scientists are very predictable leaving their documents in a desk drawer.

"According to the documents I found, they are superhuman, altered, or created ..... For the purpose of... create a new Superman..."

"We need to inform the league as soon as possible, Robin let them know what's going on here, and kid flash how's it going?"

"For the moment nothing, just .... what is that?"

What are these alarms, what's going on, did they detect us, impossible, we haven't seen any scientists yet and I deactivated the cameras when we entered the complex as well as motion sensors.

"Guys I need backup, things got out of control, and there is some kind of big monsters attacking me."

"kid Flash we're on our way, we need to get out of here hillocks soon as possible. robin what are you doing?"

"Go ahead, we can't just leave this like this, I'm trying to get into the system from the security system at the gate, we need more data. Apparently, what kid flash is fighting with are G-Trolls they are some kind of genomorphs, they are creatures created to protect this place, but what exactly are they protecting it from?"

Holy crap what is that sound the capsules are opening, who activated them, there are only supposed to be the two of us in this room, someone is watching us, they know our locations, and we need to leave now.

 

10