Chapter 10
1.2k 2 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Athena was a tall, and  beautiful Goddess with  a lithe body, she had black straight  hair that  extended past her shoulders. Her eyes were a bright Emerald and shone with intelligence, she was seemingly fit with some lean yet muscular arms, she fit the description of the Amazon warrior.  She  was certainly beautiful but she never did put much effort on her beauty, her beauty was effortless but far behind Aphrodite.

“Am I wrong though, I see no lie in what I said…”

“what you  said may not be wrong but it is  not factual either”

Athena paused as she took  a moment to greet both Aphrodite and  Hestia and  went to take her seat which was right next to Ares.

“who are you to say what is worthy of her Beauty? Why can she not determine that herself?”

She asked, this time more serious, seemingly displeased at Ares’s  words. She did not like how he seemed to think.

“surely  a person cannot determine their own self-worth, as an image they have of themselves may be distorted.”

Ares offered, his attention full focusing on his sister, she always seemed to antagonize him for absolutely no reason.

“not only is it arrogance to think you can  determine another person’s worth but it is wholly  insensitive to ignore the person’s perspective on themselves, let them determine what their Beauty is worth. Lady Aphrodite’s beauty is her own  so she has complete say in what it is worth, your opinion is irrelevant.”

Her voice Increased by an  octave as she spoke,  to her Ares was being ridiculous,  the value others place on you should come secondary to your own value, how much are you worth to yourself.

“Do not be ridiculous,  sister. If others find you horrid then you are horrid simple as that, a person is always biased towards themselves”

“if one always  let’s others determined their value then, they are unstable as the opinion of the crowd can change at the drop of a hat, so  it is important to know what your own value  is before letting others tell you what it is”

Aphrodite watched with vested interest to their conversation, their words were true, she found  herself siding with  Athena rather than Ares. As the two continued to argue, their argument devolved into a game of insults. 

Aphrodite thought about Hephaestus before today, to her he was an ugly monster something she hated, infact  she literally ran away when she heard she was married to him.

‘what did he think of himself?

She thought, she was curious now, was he as Athena described and unstable individual who based their value depending on what others say?

The two of them were quite the opposites, the most beautiful Goddess and the  formerly most ugliest God.

“Ironic”

She voiced, Hestia heard her and also completely misunderstood what Aphrodite meant.

“Right, they’re supposed to be siblings yet they act like sworn enemies  but I suppose that’s what family does,”

“yeah”

She  agreed with  Hestia and not correcting her,  the argument between the two siblings became the only source of noise within the room as they waited for the rest of the gods to arrive.

….

After  about 30 minutes, everyone was present in the meeting room with the Exception of 3 people who hadn’t arrived.

“how typical, he calls a meeting but is one of last to arrive.”

A handsome man with ashen white hair and dark blue eyes spoke as he took in the sights of everyone within the room, his brows were creased Making it clear that he was displeased by the situation or to put it simply his youngest brother was an ass that he didn’t appreciate.

“Be patient now uncle, after all it’s better we wait for the king than him wait for us”

Apollo expressed and earning a slight brow raise from his uncle, Hades. The God Apollo was a youthful god with the face to match, he had curled golden hair that was short and remained just above his ears, His eyes were golden and had a bright glow to them, he was below average in height  making him shorter than everyone present. Unlike all the male gods it the room he lacked muscles and had the body of an average human though he possessed great potential.

“the favorite speaks in his defense how expected, I don’t have time to seat here and wait for him to finish whatever he is doing, I have things to  do, an underworld to govern.”

Hades protests further, he assumed that the meeting was urgent and thus needed his attention, he doesn’t know why he expected Zeus of all people to be punctual. He had plans with his wife today and those plans are now put on hold because of this, Persephone isn’t going to be pleased.

Apollo remained silent at Hades’ words, everyone else was silent as well, after all it was true that Apollo was quite favored by Zeus, so what Hades said was true. Ares was the most bothered by the statement as it served  to remind him that he was the least favorite, coming right after Artemis who was just after Athena, a frown was apparent on his  face, He didn’t really put Hephaestus to mind when thinking about the least favored child of Zeus.

Seeing this Athena smirked almost as if taunting him.

He ignored the expression on his sister that spoke a lot about her perceived superiority over him, currently Ares was more focused on  Aphrodite. As much as he mocked the dress  as unimaginative  he could not help but keep his focus on the Goddess of beauty, Hephaestus certainly knows how to make clothing.

It  was certainly weird how she seemed to be a tad more erotic in the current garment she wore, half her chest was hidden revealing her cleavage, yet  that cleavage was much sexier than when she simply hid her nipples. His lust was pouring out of him and hasn’t ceased since he saw her today and  he was sure she could feel it, which made him hopeful that when the meeting is over the two of them will have a meeting of their own.

“No need to be rude Hades, we are all  Family here”

It was Hestia who spoke and admonished her younger brother about his rudeness, the topic of Zeus’s favorite child  wasn’t something she like hearing.

“Indeed, we are, as such I forgive your rudeness uncle”

After the words Spoken by Hestia, Apollo was the one to speak and offered his forgiveness to Hades, it was quite harmful of him to state so blatantly that he was the favored child of Zeus, his siblings might have felt bad about hearing that they weren’t loved as he was.

“You insolent little-

Before Hades could finish his Sentence, Leto who was just beside Apollo proceeded to lightly slap the back of his head.

“Hold some respect for your elders Apollo”

She spoke and  Apollo  remained silent once he was admonished by his mother. Surprisingly enough once the lot of them were together there’s hardly ever a conversation being held as everyone kept their Silence and prefer not to speak, if any of them spoke it would probably be an insult or something like a jab at someone within the room.

“is Hephaestus planning on not attending the meeting?”

Athena who was curious asked, He never really got many chances to attend such meetings in Olympus considering that he was just recently welcomed back.

“I’m  doubtful, his face isn’t really pleasing to look at”

Ares stated as he placed his elbow on to the table and supported his face with a fist.

“and allow me to extend my apologies to you lady Aphrodite for being married to the creature”

He added, he had heard that she closed herself off in her chambers to cry when she was told that she was now married to Hephaestus.

“Indeed, I was planning on asking Zeus to break the marriage, so  do not worry Aphrodite your marriage to him won’t last”

It  was Poseidon,  a man with Golden hair and  ocean  blue eyes, his hair was cut short not extending past his ears and  just like every God within the room he was handsome, with a calm aura around him. He had lean yet defined muscles and perhaps was the tallest among the people in the room.

“Wow, I didn’t know boot licking was something Gods excelled in”

Everyone except Aphrodite Immediately snapped their heads towards the entrance and laid their eyes upon a stranger, with peculiar clothing, red hair and golden eyes. The man’s torso was exposed with the exception of one of his arms and shoulder that was covered by a red cloth, his body was draped in a white cloth that simply sat on his shoulders.

The Gods present were puzzled by the sudden arrival of the red headed stranger. None of  them recognized him and the Aura he emitted was both familiar and foreign.

“who are you?”

Ares asked  with venom in his voice, a scowl was present on his face as he sized up  the stranger. The meeting room was exclusive to the 12 only and none of the other Gods were allowed near it as it  was a place  to discuss important and  secret matters infact it was considered a crime to enter uninvited. 

“who? Who is but the form  following the function of what and what I am is  but  a God”

His words confused them further, even  Aphrodite who knew him, the was a silence  that lingered for a few seconds before Athena spoke.

“God of Language?”

“Athena, I’m  right over here”

Hermes comment at Athena  who mistook  the stranger for him  which  was strange because Athena should be smart enough to  that.

....

A/N: did you get the reference??

55