End: God king wins
519 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hephaestus was Immune to ill status effects and mind control so the fact that that the rain weakened him and made it impossible to think properly means it's effects don't fall within the category of ill status, but that didn't matter the Hokyouku should have adapted to the situation and the rain shouldn't be effective, the real problem was the fact ultra instinct didn't work when Zeus began punching him, well it wasn't like one was completely untouchable with Ultra instinct but still…

"Say your prayers, Zeus. Your title of God king will be mine"

He declared, "Seeing that image of Aphrodite's made him realize that losing was not an option and Zeus's death will be guaranteed."

"Gahrgh!! You—you have quite…. The extensive weaponry"

He struggled to speak and noted that his shoulder wasn't healing. He could feel a part of his soul was cut off, hence the comment he just gave. 

"I am a forge master after all"

Once done responding to Zeus, he took a stance that would be appropriate for dual wielding. Both Zangetsu and Excalibur were in his hands.

" You won't be able to land a single hit on me from now on"

"Confident aren't you?"

"My wife is watching. As a dependable husband, I must show her my boundless strength and show her, be it rain or shine, I will always be by her side"

"seems we agree on one thing. One must always display their superior strength. Like I said, I'll thoroughly comfort her once you're dead,"

"Your death is already guaranteed, Zeus."

"Humph"

The blood stopped as he steadily controlled the lightning to replace his missing shoulder and arms as well as the piece of his head. The rain once again began, and Hephaestus dropped to his knees again. However, this time, he quickly recovered and stood back up.

"so now what?"

He asked Zeus with a grin, bewilderement marred the God king's face for a second but he quickly ignored it Zeus flipped his wrist and almost immediately a plethora of invisible fists began to fall from the sky, slamming onto the ground flattening anything in their paths, the entire land shook and trembled as each fist landed with a force equivalent to an explosion from a nuclear bomb. However, despite the countless fists aiming at him to pound him into the ground, Hephaestus dodged and weaved with ease. He was weave nation certified as he dodged everything without so much as having to open his eyes.

"Graah"

Zeus screamed as he jumped into the Frey himself without stopping the sky fists. He could see Hephaestus dodging by utilizing the small gaps before each fists hit the ground. Unfortunately, his attempts to attack Hephaestus while he was occupied were futile as the forge master not only dodged the fists but also managed to block and counter each of his attacks.

Zeus threw a punch just as Hephaestus moved closer to dodge the invisible fist, Hephaestus effortlessly dodged by ducking down, Zeus then tried to kick him in the face but another invisible fist was incoming from above so Hephaestus jumped to the side, however Zeus followed him and this time swung his scythe, Hephaestus halted Parried the scythe with Zangetsu before kicking Zeus in the stomach and propelling himself back dodging another invisible fist that aimed to flattened him. The fists missed Zeus, or rather to him, they were just air.

The invisible fists were not moving in unison to punch at the same time as such there was a gap between them, whenever one land there's a second's delayed before another lands and once that lands the one that landed first pulls back creating space for Hephaestus to dodge. It was an immaculate show of reaction speed, assisted by his skill [ultra instinct]. Whenever Zeus attacked by trying to punch off, slice him up with the Scythe Hephaestus's was ready dodging and parrying.

"When did Hephaestus become so strong, A God of forging should not be able to achieve what He is doing"

Artemis spoke for the first time, Her amazement was written all over her face. The way Hephaestus was moving was amazing. She could not help but be excited seeing such a thing. 

"I know how you feel. No wonder he bested Ares. This is beyond anything he would be capable of."

Athena answered with a sense of pride bubbling up in her heart, followed by a sense of rivalry and loss, rivalry because she had no idea that Hephaestus was like that and that she failed to even push Zeus to such an extent, loss because Hephaestus now has a wife, jealousy creeped Its way in her heart.

"THIS IS AMAZING !!! ARE YOU WATCHING!!!!"

Nike exclaimed as the elation was ever evident in her face, She was excited because of two things right now, first one was the fight currently happening, the second one was the sword on Hephaestus's hand, a sword tied to her own concept of victory, she understood it was him that has touched her soul those few times, to her this meant one thing and one thing only, an opponent she can fight without the outcome being already in her favour, excitement filled her heart.

Everyone else had their mouths shut as they witnessed the spectacle, all the humans had runaway when the stadium collapsed, the only ones left were either dead, ones who were crushed by the stadium or the brave enough to still want to see the fight, a young lad with crimson coloured Hair watched with anticipation, surprisingly his eyes could still keep up with the speed of the fight. 

Hephaestus dodged an invisible fist by jumping towards Zeus who swung his scythe at the same moment, however he moved faster closing the distance and sliced another arm clean off from Zeus, causing him to lose focus and stop the Sky hands. Hephaestus quickly hooked the god king's legs and caused him to fall back and delivered a swift and powerful kick that sent him flying and tumbled across the Muddy ground and reached the edge of the st

"Ex…."

He grabbed the blade with both hands, discarding Zangetsu Momentarily. He lifted the sword above his head, the sword was slim, with a golden and down ward curved cross guard, a dark blue handle, and a golden pommel. a bright golden beam of light glowed from the sword, and an intense energy was being released upwards from the tip of the blade. the air rose in temperature

"By Tartarus!! Everyone clear the area!!!"

Hecate quickly forewent the barrier. Such an intense release of magical power was extraordinary, and it's acceleration was making it hard to tell if it was pure magic or light.

"Wait, wait, Hephaestus, stop!!"

"Calibur!!!"

Zeus tried to recover seeing the danger, but chains suddenly appeared from a golden portal and held him down. He tried to change into lightning to escape, but it was futile. The chains held him, and he could only watch as Hephaestus swung down, not hearing Hestia's plea. 

Zeus suddenly remembered the words of the morai when they delivered the prophecy to him. "chained to a destiny of defeat" he wanted to scream and shout, to curse out Hephaestus. Unfortunately, he hardly had time for that.

The beam of energy split the ground as it traveled fast and swift. Zeus hardly had time to utter words before he was engulfed in it and was immediately incinerated without resistance. He had no last words, no nothing, just dead.

The beam didn't stop as it continued to carve through the earth until Hephaestus decided it was enough and stopped the Attack but once done he dropped nearly to his knees but was able to prevent that by stepping forward.

"Phew, that took a lot of magical power, damn!"

Half his supply was drained but it was hardly anything to worry about, the magicule breeder reactor core would replenish his supply, he was under the impression his magic energy was infinite but it looks like it was quite far from that 

"barely used half my weaponry, I guess Zeus was a scrub."

Everyone watched in disbelief as a giant fissure was carved onto the earth, and Zeus was gone, Hephaestus stood there as if he had just finished doing light exercises.

"Guess I win, Congratulations Hephaestus"

Hera was the first to speak and Congratulated Hephaestus however, He didn't seem to appreciate that from her as he showed a look of disgust once he realized it came from her, Athena Followed up and Gave her Congratulations and Hephaestus flipped his a expression from disgust to a toothy grin.

"it was light work" 

'Rip bozo you won't be missed'

He said before doing a gesture with his mouth and hand that signified that he was smoking, but nobody understood it. 

"Well king Hephaestus, congratulations on your victory"

Hades praised and patted Hephaestus on the shoulder and Hephaestus simply nodded to his praise, he didn't know how to respond to it as it felt weird to receive praise from the brother of someone you just killed.

"Thank you. So is there a crown or??"

"Hephaestus what was that sword you used, and how did you make it"

Hecate jumped in, grabbing Hephaestus by the shoulders as her curiosity overwhelmed her, she shook the new god king violently as she demanded answers from him about that sword, in fact thinking back to it now the weapons he used were rather quite unique.

"another thing, how did you survive the scythe? No one has ever survived it before."

Hecate's curiosity reminded the others of what transpired during the fight. Hades especially was curious. To be able to survive the scythe was something that needed his attention, hence why he asked. Hephaestus found himself in a bit of a bind failing to come up with excuses on the spot but one thing was for certain he needed to keep a few things secret After all both Hera and Demeter weren't to be trusted considering what they did, incidentally Demeter as well as Hermes were nowhere to be found. Nike only seemed to observe him from a distance, he wondered if she was mad about Excalibur, unfortunately Nike wasn't actually observing anything, something in her mind had suddenly shattered and she was now in a daze of confusion.

[Hey, let me out!]

"Oh right"

Extending His hand outward, a dark purple portal swirled into existence, and Aphrodite was expelled out forcefully and landed onto the Muddy floor with her shoes and splashing it up her Blue dress.

"Aww my dress! Hephaestus!"

"You can just clean it with magic. It's not a big deal" 

"It is a big deal"

She gave her retort, however she realized he was right about the fact she could use a spell to clean it, but she didn't like it so she gave him a pout to express her displeasure, looking around she saw that the others were floating to avoid the dirt, she decided to do the same and used the spell to clean off the dirt on her dress and shoes.

"just because I cleaned them doesn't mean it wasn't your fault, I demand you make me another one" 

"you're being unreasonable"

"am I being unreasonable? You ruined my dress, and you don't want to compensate me for it. How am I being unreasonable?"

Hephaestus was about to retort, but he realized there were people present and decided to let the argument go. It wasn't really important, and she could have as many dresses as she wanted.

Aphrodite on the other hand felt a bit embarrassed by everyone being here but she wanted to jump and hug in joy and Congratulate him for Winning the fight but she Felt if she did that it would escalate to something else, she was feeling a bit aroused and Hephaestus looked most dashing right now however she was forced to stifle her feelings for another time.

"anyway let's head to Olympus. I need to sit on my throne" 

.....

A/N: The next chapter is the last Chapter so, 2 weeks hiatus will be in effect tomorrow 

18