Colluding
349 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Exiting the hallway that lead towards the court room Both Themis and Aphrodite Entered a corridor that would lead them towards the throne room, the royal palace had a lot of straight and narrow hallways that led to various rooms, one would call it that its design flaw as it required long walk to get to certain room.

"my Queen, is the tennis court not outside?"

"it is, but I think I left my mirror there, so I need to get it"

"Oh!"

As they walked Aphrodite found herself suddenly being grabbed from behind, an arm grasped her breasts and the other coiled itself on her waist, she took in a deep inhale as she suddenly froze in place as a feeling of disgusted washed over her.

"You called for me?"

Hephaestus whispered in her ear, recognizing his voice she let out a deep sigh of relief and he body loosened once again, She had thought the hands grabbing her were a product of her mind but only turned out it was Her husband, unfortunately she was reminded of about her own filthiness once again.

"Yes I called for you, and please don't do that again. My heart nearly leaped out of my chest"

Kissing her on the cheek, he complied and let go of her and settled for her hand. He noted that Pershing she doesn't like sudden and spontaneously surprises.

"So what did you need?"

"I was calling you because you were gone too long, where were you?"

"I had to visit Gaia at the world's core, I wanted to ask her something"

"My lord, if I may be excused?"

She asked as the feeling of non-importance made itself present, although The queen had invited her to a game, the sudden appearance or Hephaestus made her presents unneeded for the moment as such she asked to be excused, not only that but she was a bit tired that case earlier had been mentally exhausting, plus she has to review the law once again and check any oversights she might have missed.

"Oh sure you're free to leave, and good work"

He excused her and complimented her work, ever since he took over she has seemed alot more tired than he remembers her being, it may be because he placed the law high in terms of importance and made the formerly Useless guards a sort of police force that maintained peace and order, so that thing like fights between Gods will be broken up sooner way before any property is destroyed. 

In his fight with Ares, he destroyed some buildings, so there needed to be a police to prevent. It was kind of crazy because everyone just watched them fight and did nothing. He also felt hypocritical about it all as he should be behind bars now, too.

"I still want to play the tennis game with you, so tell me when you're free"

"will do my queen"

Themis turned around and left, leaving the two by themselves. She needed a bit of rest.

"You said you want to ask something of Gaia? what is it?" 

With Themis having left, Hephaestus Surveyed the area they were in for anyone that might be watching or listening in on their conversation.

"It's a bit of secret right now, but all I can say it's a means to creating a weapon"

Hephaestus felt that having too many secrets , wouldn't be ideal so he preferred to state whether or not if something is a secret, giving her the idea that he will eventually tell her about it just not right. While he definitely trusts her, he feels something just can't be said outright.

"Is it dangerous?"

"Yes but it should be fine. This is mainly to protect you and everyone in Olympus should there be a threat I can't handle by myself, like, for instance… the original Primordials"

Initially he wanted to create EA because he wanted to find out if he can because it was cool however, with people like Gaia and Nyx as well as Chronos existing, he could not really feel stable, while both Nyx and Chronos don't seem the type to attack Gaia most definitely might attack and he needs a something that would help should something happen, he is also not sure if the [mystic eyes of death perception] would be able to properly ascertain their true death. It does work on Gods like Hermes, but he's unsure about Primordials.

"I appreciate your concern for me, darling, but I don't think a weapon like that is necessary, as long as we don't do anything to bring about their ire. Olympus should be fine"

"I get your point, but it will be like an insurance"

"well fine, you do what you want. You are the king. After all, just don't put Olympus in danger"

"How nice of you to be concerned for the well-being of your citizens"

He gave her a quick kiss on her cheek, and they started moving again. Incidentally, they hadn't moved forward ever since Hephaestus arrived.

"I am the queen, so I should act the part at least"

"you should act the part of being my wife too"

He kissed her on the lips before grabbing her by the waist and placing the wall again and began kissing her deeply. Having seen Gaia earlier had put him in the mood, the thought of having a child did also cross his mind as well.

…. 

"HEPHAESTUS!!!"

Hestia entered the throne room with great enthusiasm and was being led by one of Hephaestus's maidens or rather one of the Royal maids, which were formerly Hephaestus's golden maidens only now they aren't golden and look closer to being human. The two found Hephaestus on his throne while Aphrodite was seated on his lap, she had her head resting on his forearm and they seemed to be having a conversation of sorts that was interrupted the arrival of Hestia, the Royal maid gasped at such a sight.

"Hestia? What are you doing here?"

Aphrodite turned her head and asked, "This was quite the unexpected visit, and Hestia walked in on her while she was in quite the awkward position. Getting a door for the throne room would be ideal.

"What I'm not allowed to visit isn't that kind of rude? Or was it because I came at the wrong"

She played with her eyebrows as she finished the latter part of her statement.

"You are, and no, you didn't interrupt anything, but I didn't expect you today. You usually visit once a week. Is there something important you want to talk about?"

"Well yes, I came here to talk to Hephaestus about something, and I thought of a few things to talk to you about on the way here, but they aren't as important."

"what did you want to talk about?"

Hephaestus asked, a bit curious, he wouldn't day he was close with or rather he was close to her like family members are close to each other, to put it simply they've never had a one to one talk with each for extended periods of time and he vies her more like his wife's friend than an aunt.

"Someone told me you were up to something dangerous, and I just want to ask what it is?"

Hephaestus creased his brows a bit, and he wondered how she found out. He was certain no one should be privy to his plans, not only that she shouldn't know if they're dangerous or not. 

"Who told you about it"

"So you are planning something dangerous?"

"I won't deny that, but who told you about it, I haven't said anything to anyone."

"it was Chronos"

She freely said without concern, he never did say if she should keep it a secret or not plus Hestia isn't one for lying and would much rather things be truthful, she believes the truth makes things much easier than lying.

"What did he tell you?"

To Hephaestus, it made sense that the personification of time would be privy to things that might happen in the future. This intern introduced a problem, which was that he could never truly hide anything from Chronos.

'An ability to hide myself from time isn't a bad idea'

The fact that Chronos can quit possibly know every that he is up to didn't sit quite right with him, Chronos isn't a malicious guy but knowing that he can know anything Hephaestus does or will do or has done was uncomfortable, if felt like he was being watched. The Hogyoku began to work, responding to his desire.

"He didn't tell me anything. He just said you were doing something Dangerous"

"well I won't deny that I'm doing something dangerous, but don't worry it's not world threatening or anything of the sort"

"I'll take you word for it, but I'll be keeping an eye on you"

"did Chronos tell you to do that?"

"In a way yes"

"well don't worry, Aunty, you can rest at ease" 

Hestia beamed in joy hearing his refer to her as Aunty, nobody ever calls her that no matter how much she insist.

"Don't worry, my little nephew, your Aunty won't be over bearing"

Hephaestus rolled his eyes at how easy she was, though he does feel a bit offended by being called little, but he put that off. 

…..

Deep in the ocean, a place filled with various kind if creatures and see monsters, a place where no man can survive or dare to dive under, there was a huge castle surrounded by various small buildings and house, almost like a small city or country, this small country was inside a bubble like barrier that kept the water out and kept whatever was inside dry, there was also various small cylindrical tunes that stretched from each building to the walls of the barrier. Slowly pumping ocean water info each home.

The castle at the centre, at it's very top had a small crystal ball about the size of a human head that shone bright enough to illuminated the whole area, within this bubble, there also people who walked about the day, others conversing, it was a typical sight one would see anywhere.

Inside the castle, within a room that was very sparse and heavily decorated with sea themed decorations, like seashells and figures of various fish and sea monsters.

Hermes laid on a bed that was quite comfortable more comfortable than his own abode on Olympus. The young god had fled from Olympus after he had an altercation with the new king over differences of opinion. 

Staring at the black ceiling of his room that his uncle Poseidon had graciously bestowed upon him, he couldn't help but lament the dreadfully smell of fish that assaulted his nostrils, he didn't need to breath but he could still smell regardless. Using his hand, he gently touched the large scar that ran on his right side of his face. His right eyelid also happened to be closed as the eye was no longer in its socket. Perhaps attacking Hephaestus was not a great idea, considering he lost an eye.

....

A/N: This was an intentional cliffhanger, so you can hate me for it.

7