Chapter 3
55 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Abiss raised an eyebrow, “Didn’t you say you wanted to travel discreetly?”

Rich girl cocked her head to the side and dropped the handles of the large cart of luggage, “I guess it is a bit much...” She gripped her chin and tilted her head up, “I’ll see if the innkeeper will keep a hold of it for me if I pay him enough.” She turned the cart around and ran with the cart back the way she came before Abiss could say another word. 

Abiss pinched the bridge of his nose, “I need to establish some ground rules with this girl.”

After a few minutes the girl returned, this time with just one large bag strapped to her back. Despite its impressive size and her twig-like limbs she wasn’t struggling under its weight at all. Abiss stuffed my hands in my pockets and started walking, “Say, aren’t you blind? How come you run around so easily?”

“I have Mimi!” She answered cheerfully, keeping pace with him as they moved through the nighttime city streets.

“Mimi?”

She pointed up. The only thing above our heads was a large, white moth circling above us, “the moth?” Abiss asked, involuntarily pulling a face.

“She’s... uh... made of shards from the Chasm. I can see through her eyes.”

Abiss let out a low whistle, “Damn you’re even richer than I thought.” Abiss glanced at the moth again. He’d never seen Shards used for things like that, only seen Shard powered weapons or tools for concealment, the moth had to be a custom job and very expensive. Still her vision probably wasn’t the best with moth eyes...

“Mr. Hole?”

“Abiss.” Abiss corrected, looking back at the rich girl, “what do you need?”

Her head was only vaguely turned in his direction, “You haven’t asked my name yet.”

Abiss shrugged, “You didn’t offer it. Figured you wanted to remain anonymous.”

“I don’t mind you knowing, my name is Minima.” She smiled, “of course I wouldn’t go around saying it willy-nilly if I were you, you might lose the rest of your payment.”

Abiss raised an eyebrow as he turned his gaze away from her, back to the road. The building around them thinned out as they approached the outskirts of town, “So where am I escorting you too anyways?”

“Deim.”

Abiss stopped in the middle of the road. A step later, she stopped as well, half-turning back to him, “You want me to take you out of the country, to the capital of the church?!”

Her smile disappeared, her eyebrows scrunching together, “Is that a problem? If you are rejecting the job I’d have to ask for my money back.”

Not an ounce of fear for the church.

“Nah it’s too much good money to pass up, “ Abiss sighed and started walking again. “But now I really gotta know why you chose me.”

She jogged forward a few steps and turned to flash him a cheeky grin, “Maybe later.”

4