Chapter 1
91 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything seemed like an ordinary day in Felix's life, before a 'beep' noise rang in his mind, followed by a robotic voice.

[Congratulations, Host! For activating the Game Inventory.]

[Your current level is 0.]

It was followed by a detailed explanation of how it works.

Basically, Felix can transfer items from video games into his inventory, which in turn can store items to use in real life.

There aren't any limits to the number of items and any perishables would not decay. Not only you can put game items back into the inventory, but also real-life items.

Transferring game items will remove the transferred amount from the game, but you can dupe them through save scumming. Even if you couldn't do them due to it being online f2p, many of such items can be easily farmable.

Although there are limitations on which items can be transferred based on the game inventory's level.

At level 0, Felix can only transfer non-living items without lethal or magical properties. For example, ordinary food items and furniture which also existed in the real world, except for weapons.

To level up, he needs to complete the missions and achievements the System listed. There are numerous of them and he didn't need to complete everything to level up. He can only focus on things that he can do and take them step by step.

There are also requirements for games that work.

First of all, if Felix didn't love the game and only played it to transfer the items, it wouldn't work.

Second, this game must have considerable popularity to establish a stable 'game world' to facilitate the transfer. According to the System, the players will provide 'faith power' when they enjoy the game, which will form a 'game world'. As for what the world was, the System didn't answer.

Though it doesn't matter if it's an old game that's not popular anymore, as long it used to appeal to a lot of people.

When it comes to bringing real-world items from video games, The Sims and House Flipper came to his mind. Both franchises were popular and Felix enjoyed playing both games.

Although, when it comes to the Sims, he lost the physical copy long ago, and he didn't care about giving EA his money again, since they became so greedy.

Today was Sunday and Felix had a day off.

It was still early in the morning when the 'beep' came.

With anticipation, Felix booted up his laptop and started the game.

While he's lazy to play the game again, he remembered that the first moments were addicting. Who knew doing household chores and renovating homes made him lose sleep regularly. Until it came at one point he already feels lazy enough, he end up activating the developer's console and cheated his way through.

For the rest of the game, he just picked the job but was able to claim full payment even if he did nothing. For the rest of the gameplay, he bought houses, paint them white and cleaned stuff, added bathrooms, bedrooms, installed radiators, plus added desks and bookcases. He was too lazy to mow the lawn so he used the cheat command and picked up the road tiles one by one leading to the house, which got obscured by the code, so it would reappear.

Speaking of which, his apartment was small and quite run-down. It didn't even have air conditioning. His bathroom still had a squatting toilet and it was uncomfortable sometimes. Not to mention, the water in his bathroom wasn't that clear.

He was unsure what will happen if he brought an air conditioner from the game. Will it automatically install itself when you place them since it's already like that in the game?

Just in case, he took a picture of his room and took note of the exact placements of 'immovable' furniture, before 'flipping' his apartment to the 'dream house' he usually comes up with inside the game. Of course, he still kept the walls, floors, doors, and windows intact since he didn't think he would be here forever.

Despite not owning house-flipping tools and skills, he got something that can clean and renovate much faster. He could move all pollutants to his inventory, while instantly placing the furniture.

As for the fridge, the old one was actually empty and unplugged; it was already out of commission since long ago. All furniture that needed installation was fully installed when put in.

Felix mixed the in-game items and looked up the rest from the workshop mods.

While the Landlord rarely checks his place, it would be found out if there's such an extreme change. That's why he took note of the layouts and practiced swapping them for nearly an hour before he relaxed his guard.

When his dream home was finally done, he sighed in relief. It looked modest but comfortable. Most importantly, it's squeaky clean, aside from the old walls and floors.

Instead of a lame wooden desk with scratches and broken parts, it was a luxurious mahogany with a premium gaming chair and a high-end pc. It didn't have RGB textures since he hated the lights and preferred a plain black tower with a glass casing. The wide motherboard stood imposingly, with a stylish thermal cooling fan, supporting the monstrous intel i9 processor. The RTX graphic card occupies a large part of the PC, alongside several NVME SSD that was 1 Terabyte each and 64 GB DDR5 RAM.

Felix also brought the wifi router from the game, which worked extremely fast with no lags, compared to his apartment's connection. He's really satisfied that his games had constant green ping, and the average was a single digit.

That gaming PC seriously got him addicted due to the lack of lags even while running heavy games at the highest settings. It was one of the AAA games that he had gotten for free during the Christmas giveaway. Fortunately, he didn't take long to continue his job.

From a dusty and creaky single bed to a king-sized bed that made him want to sleep and roll around forever. The kitchen's also furnished with high-tech models that Felix got inspired from watching cooking videos on Youtube. He replaced old cupboards and wardrobes with ones that he found fancy.

Of course, Felix didn't forget to take out his stuff before taking it away and placing it again in the new containers.

The bathroom now had a seating toilet and bathtub, with also a shower box and clear mirror with amenities like game-brought soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and towels.

As for the radiators, Felix didn't feel it was necessary since he lived in a tropical region. It can be hot at times, but never cold enough, he needed a heater. While the apartment was run-down, it still provided him with mosquito nets by the window.

Turning on the air conditioner, he felt nice, breezy air filling the room. After all the sweaty renovation, he felt like taking a bath.

Feeling the refreshing water as he enjoyed the moment, it was like he was reborn.

Drying himself and checking the electric meter, it's surprising that all these appliances didn't even cost him anything.

"Come to think of it, there were no electric meters in the game. Even though there were solar generators."

It was early afternoon when he finished and he just remembered that he hadn't eaten breakfast. He felt so lazy to cook in his peckish state.

Though it didn't matter since House Flipper also had an assorted selection of ready-made food items; the possibility's also limitless with mods.

Checking his achievements bar, he smiled.

"It wouldn't take long before I reached level 1."

I might have a bit of an error since I wasn't sure if House Flipper could run on potato laptop. Though it managed to run smoothly on my potato pc at least.

4