Chapter Nineteen: Joint alliance (part one)
35 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the afternoon sun starts to approach the horizon, it shone its light upon the city once more.

At the epic center of it, a place known to be a large square of supermarkets and pharmacies, several soldiers surrounded the group of men who previously left their shelter to rescue hostages.

They had all corners blocked, as they held them at gunpoint.

"What is this?" The leader of the group suddenly asked the commanding officer of the soldiers.

"Don't pretend like you don't know, you supply-stealing bastard," he answered rudely without caring.

"What? What do you mean supply stealing?" 

As the leader asked again, he was suddenly cut short by the commander.

"Cut the god damned crap!!" He yelled out. "You have been busted, now give it up,"

The man with his men were all shocked to hear him say that but the soldiers all wore a proud look on their faces.

"Since the majority of those lousy cops got killed or transformed into those beasts, we have been tasked with maintaining order," the commander explained.

"And as such, we're taking the likes of you in," he said as he pointed at him with his gun.

"If you resist, you'll be killed on the spot," he threatened with a pissed-off look on his face.

"What the hell are you saying right now?!!" The leader shouted at him almost immediately.

"Since when did the military start harassing innocent civilians as they go about their day?"

"Look around," he said as he pointed around the place. "All you see is broken down buildings, cracked open roads, dead bodies of those who were once humans,"

"Is this city not already bad enough for you to begin to carry out this kind of nonsense?" He began to lose his temper.

"And who are you to talk like that to a commanding officer?" The commander questioned him immediately.

"I will speak to you however I want!!" The man shouted out again as if they were competing for the loudest voice.

"What nonsense is all this? Since, the likes of you," he used his fingers to do air quotes around the likes of you as he spoke. "Refused to save us from these zombies, won't we do something about it ourselves?"

"This mess of a city, has always from the scratch, favored the rich and powerful," he began to turn around as he continued speaking.

"Look at the present-day situation, aren't the military tasked with protecting the rich and powerful first?" He then asked the commanding officer.

"And so what?" The commander asked. "Do I make the laws?" 

"Don't I just follow the orders I'm given? If you were in my situation, I am very sure you would have done the same,"

"That doesn't stop you from doing what's right," the man replied.

"Don't make me waste my breath speaking to the likes of you. Soldiers!! Arrest these bandits," the commander ordered.

"What did we even do?" The leader shouted out as they grabbed him.

"Let me put it in simpler terms for you," 

"You all are paying for stealing the supplies meant for the rich and powerful," he said while mimicking the air quote the man did.

As the man and his men struggled with the soldiers, some men stood on top of a high-rise building and watched the scene go on.

"They have enough manpower if we should join forces with them," a young-looking boy dressed in a blue jacket with white stripes and black trousers voiced out.

He had light orange hair that went below his neck and was also wearing sneakers.

His clothing looked a bit expensive, though it was an apocalyptic age.

"Yeah, they do," the one in front spoke shortly after. "However, they lack covertness, that's one thing we were told to look out for above the others," 

He turned his head to face the boy behind him with a grin on his face.

He was cloth in a black top and green trousers. The trouser had a mix of brown and black, giving it a slight military look.

His black hair was short but brushed forward and he had an earring on his right ear.

"But boss, they seem like ok guys," the fat boy by his left mentioned as he munched down on a pack of potato chips.

Though he was a bit fat in size, his blue trousers and white sweatshirt covered his body perfectly and one would think he was average in size.

His short hair was smoothly combed to the back it gave him a gangster look.

"Oh, is that so?" The man he referred to as boss asked.

"Your decisions have never once been wrong," the young man with the earring said softly.

"Then what about you, Cobra?" He asked as he looked at the guy wearing dark glasses.

"At the very least they will have weapons," he answered. "However, they may be inexperienced though," he said as he slid his left hand into the pocket of his dark brown trouser, while his left touched the collar of the blue shirt he was wearing.

"I see," the leader of the small gang breathed out as he took a glance at the paper in his left hand.

"Well, it's all for the best," he then tilted his head to the right, giving his neck a slight crack.

"Round up the boys, Aidan," he ordered the guy in a blue jacket.

"Huh? Let Eddie do it," the boy immediately refused as he squatted at the edge of the roof.

"Tsk, Eddie, round up the boys," he turned to the other guy by his left.

"Fine," he hissed lowly after finishing up the bag of chips. "It's always me anyway,"

Back to the battle between the soldiers and the civilians, the leader of the group refused to be taken alive and so, kept questioning the commander.

"This is wrong, you're taking us in without any proof," he yelled out.

"Proof?" The commander asked. "This city has gone far beyond that point," 

"Any crime you're accused of may not need proof," he added.

Just then, a soldier ran up to the commander and whispered something in his ears.

The commander was shocked but then he whispered back to the soldier and soon.

"Okay boys, round up these criminals. We are getting out of here," he said as he lifted his gun and placed it on his shoulder.

[Bamm]

The gun was shot off his shoulder as soon as he got down from the top of the vehicle.

"Who did that?" The commander questioned.

"Since there is no longer proof in this city, we can't let you take them," the boy wearing an earring said out from on top of a building closer to them.

"Kid, do you want to die?" The commander asked as he saw the boy.

"I should be asking you that," the boy replied as he pointed his ASG Armalite M15 Airsoft Gun toward the commander.

Immediately he did that, all the other soldiers pointed their guns at him.

"Heh, you fool," the commander scoffed out.

One after the other, several men from all around the square started to pop up on different buildings, they took their stance and pointed their weapons at the soldiers.

"Sir, we're completely surrounded," one of the soldiers shouted out to the commander as he saw the crowds on top of several buildings.

"So what? We outnumbered them," the commander replied in a proud tone thinking that his men were more in numbers and were more experienced.

Just as they faced each other, the leader immediately took the opportunity to retaliate.

Lucky for them, not all their weapons had been seized, so they assisted the new group in holding the soldiers at gunpoint.

The leader then pointed his gun at the head of the commander.

"Who's outnumbered now?" He asked with a wicked grin on his face.

"You bastards, do you know what punishment this offense of yours will pack?" He asked angrily.

"You said it yourself, right?" The leader asked. "There is no proof in this city," 

"This ends now," The young boy on top of the building immediately signaled his men to open fire.

Without wasting a second, they shot accurately at the weapons of the soldiers, disarming and destroying them almost immediately.

"Fire back!! Shoot them all down!!" The commander gave out his orders to his men a little too late.

The ones who still had weapons with them immediately opened fire toward the rooftops but also had their guns shot out of their hands.

Following the cue the young boy had started, the leader then retreated his men into their trucks.

"Shoot them all down!!" The commander kept shouting out to his soldiers but none of them could do anything.

"You guys are incompetent," he hissed as he brought out a pistol from his back.

He aimed it at the leader and was about to take a shot when Aidan grazed his cheek with a bullet.

"In case you haven't noticed, the sounds those gunshots made will attract the zombies to this location," the young boy reminded.

"Out of the way!!" The leader shouted out as his men drove the trucks right through them.

"Sir! What do we do, the zombies are almost here," a soldier yelled out to the commander as he stared at them with anger burning in his eyes.

"Sire!!" The soldier yelled out again.

"Move out," he answered with a dark tone in his voice.

"Someday boy, you will die by my hand," he warned while still staring at the young boy.

"Jack, we must go," Aidan called out to him.

"Return to base," he ordered.

    

3