Chapter 15
1.8k 5 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silence ran through the camp. Both slaves and slavers seemed stunned into inactivity. I glanced at Eccil and gave me a wink before turning to regard the others. The slaves in the mine were paying full attention while others had tentatively arrived to investigate the commotion only to discover a succubus in the middle of the camp. But I only really had eyes for the slavers. Sir Wilkinson brandished his sword bravely while the rest seemed more conflicted, some reached for weapons, others turned to flee and some still seemed taken by the [Charm].

 

“Cat got your tongue? You know my mother isn't a big fan of slavers so something–”

 

I was cut off by an explosion as the slavers were engulfed in an explosion. Liana had inturupted my monologue but she had hit dead center. I winced and looked away to shield myself from the blast as the smell of burning flesh reached my nose and I got a notification.

 

[Level Up!]

 

Looking at the gore in front of me I felt nauseous. There were no survivors or well no one who would live much longer. Their skin was seared and burned. Armour was melted into flesh. Clothes and hair burned. Blood pooled as people whimpered in pain at their injuries. I leaned over and vomited before doing my best to regain my composure. 

 

I looked around for Liana as I stretched my wings. I activated [Freshen Up] to clear the cum and explosion residue from myself. I stood entirely naked as a wanted monster in front of a pile of melting bodies, but we succeeded.

 

I yelped as I was tackled. Thankfully it was Liana and not some guard. “I’m ok,” I giggled at her kisses.

 

“God, I’m so sorry it took so long,” she cried.

 

“Hey, it's ok. I kinda enjoyed myself and they're all dead now.”

 

“Right… I just fucking love you so much, and having to watch…” she sighed clinging to me tightly. 

 

I glared at my tail for swishing back and forth in my happiness. I had not realized I subconsciously wagged my tail. “I love you to babe. I promise I’m ok. We should really focus on…” I trailed off looking at everyone else who was watching us carefully. “Does anyone know where we can find another pair of keys?!” I asked, looking at the remains of Sir Wilkinson with disgust, I was not rummaging through that.

 

It didn't take long for me to free everyone while Liana rounded up the last remaining slavers. Everyone seemed wary of me but since I had helped kill the slavers and was freeing them no one was running away screaming. My hooves clopped on the ground as a constant reminder of my nude demonic form and I realized I hadn't spent this much time as myself since I arrived here.

 

Everyone grabbed weapons and clothes and looted the camp. With some organizing on Liana’s and my parts, we devided the food and money.

 

“You’re a succubus,” Eccil said after checking on her daughter and husband.

 

“I am,” I smiled.

 

“You are not what they say you are, thank you, Sophia,” she said before walking off. Liana gave me a look and I just shrugged.

 

“Everyone who wishes to go their own way may of course do so but Liana and I will be leaving tomorrow morning back into Lomanza, you are welcome to come with us if you wish!” I told everyone. “The remaining slavers are in the pillories, you may do with them as you wish. With that said go forth and indulge in the pleasure of freedom!”

 

There was some cheering which made me feel a little embarrassed. Regardless of my skills, public speaking always made me nervous.

 

“Prosthelytizing already?” Liana smirked.

 

I shrugged, “I really didn't know what to say, it just seemed… right?”

 

“You did fine,” she replied before kissing me. “By the gods, I forgot about your tongue…”

 

I smirked as I flicked my long forked tongue. “Don't worry kitty cat, I’ll put it to good use.”

 

I remained in my true form that night, it felt good to no longer be constrained in a human shape. Apparently, Liana was so ‘decent’ at the bow that she had shot all four explosive arrows at the same time which led to the massive explosion. Regardless of what she claimed she was amazing with a bow.

 

“I can’t believe we did it,” I sighed as Liana and I cuddled together in one of the tents. My head was in her lap as she gently massaged my horns. My wings had to be awkwardly folded to not get in the way but Liana didn't seem to mind me staying like this. I was getting used to the new limbs and the horns, the hooves still weirded me out but what really hurt my brain was being pink.

 

“We did, my little succubus,” Liana sighed in contentment. “I just hope they can live fulfilling lives now and are not simply recaptured.”

 

“Yea, with Solime in its condition, I don't know where we could bring them.”

 

“It would depend on what our plans are next, are we headed to Egostin?”

 

“I… I want to get the order out of Solime. They are responsible for the slavers but they still practically rule Solime. After that, we can go to Egostin.”

 

“I would like that, I still have a bounty to complete,” Liana smiled predatorily.

 

“Oh, I have news,” I piped up.

 

“Please don’t be pregnant.”

 

“No,” I snorted, “I’m level nine now.”

 

Liana laughed, “Sex really does level you up quickly.”

 

“Right!? I just don't know what skill to get,” I sighed. “My [Charm] is the most useful thing I have and it's a racial skill.”

 

“Then evolve it, perhaps you will get even more use out of it,” she replied. 

 

Fuck! I had totally forgotten about evolving skills. I immediately did as she suggested.

 

[Evolved [Charm] into… [Thrall]]

 

[Thrall] 

Induce obedience in a sapient creature. More effective on targets after a sexual encounter with them. An enthralled creature will feel only a desire to obey and please you, they will follow your commands regardless of the consequences.

 

Ah, so there was the full mind control. I didn’t feel great about it but it could be extremely useful. [Charm] had been my only somewhat offensive ability and it hadn't been enough. I would have been dead if not for Liana today.

 

“That seems… much more powerful,” Liana said when I told her about [Thrall].

 

“Yea, and terrifying,” I replied.

 

“Sometimes unpleasant things must be done,” she said and that was the end of that.

The following morning Liana, I and a small group set out for Solime. Some people stayed behind, others had their own plans so our group was 14 in total, including Eccil, her husband and her five-year-old daughter.

 

We took two wagons and three more horses besides ours so that no one would have to walk the long trek back.

 

Spirits were high but Liana and I were extremely tired of travelling by now. I had taken my [Human Form] before we had left to not draw attention. We had told everyone that my being a succubus had to remain hidden which they seemed to understand, still, I couldn't help but feel nervous that someone would expose me. Liana assured me that they wouldn't and Eccil had vowed to keep my secret but I couldn't know for sure.

 

When we returned to a familiar area Liana stopped everyone under the guise of lunch while I headed into the forest to look for Sparkles and Eyepatch. I had promised I would come back for them and I wouldn't break that promise.

 

“Sparkles?! Eyepatch!?” I called into the forest. I had no way of knowing where they were, they could be out hunting or even just not want anything to do with me.

 

A few minutes later however they both arrived. Two giant wolves, one sparklier and one with dark colouring around her face. “Hey guys, I’m back,” I said awkwardly as they trotted over.

 

They both inspected me and nuzzled up to me in greeting. “There's a town nearby we are headed to, you’re welcome to come if you want.”

 

Sparkles seemed more eager than Eyepatch who seemed a little depressed. Still, after some encouragement from Sparkles, Eyepatch nodded and they both followed me to the cart.

 

Everyone immediately tensed up when I emerged from the woods followed by wolves almost as tall as me. The tension was broken by a cry, “Puppies!”

 

Eccil’s daughter had an excitement which made the wolves take a step back. After introductions were made and I confirmed several times to Eccil that they were friendly, Sparkles decided to let Eccil’s daughter ride on his back. He trotted along beside the cart happily as we continued but Eyepatch just seemed more lost without him by her side.

 

“How are they doing?” Liana asked.

 

“Eyepatch is having a hard time still,” I sighed feeling guilty.

 

Liana nodded, “Go talk to her, I’m sure she's scared and confused.”

 

“But we're the ones… I don't know if I can help,” I replied.

 

“They may not speak but they understand us and can communicate. You won't know unless you try.

 

“Alright,” I said, taking a deep breath and waving Eyepatch over and she trotted over beside the cart. “Do you want some company?”

 

After a moment of hesitation, she nodded.

 

“Do you… I can't walk fast enough to keep up. Can I… uh ride you,” I asked wincing.

 

Eyepatch rolled her eyes but straightened out so I could climb on. I glanced back at Liana who gave me a nod of approval and then slipped onto her back.

 

I clung on for dear life before Eyepatch made a noise of disapproval. “S-sorry,” I quickly apologized, gently petting her neck. “Is Sparkles your brother?”

 

She nodded as we trotted along. It was a lot harder to have a conversation with her when I couldn't see her face. We would need to figure out a better method of communication. Though… [Whispers of the Soul] let me see the desires of intelligent creatures. I couldn't read the dire wolf’s desires before but now… now I could.

 

It hurt to see that her desire was for her pups to be alive. She wanted to keep her and her brother safe and stay with me. She also desired to be younger.

 

Eyepatch looked back at me with confusion. “Sorry,” I chuckled. “I have a skill that lets me see what people want. I know you wish your pups were alive. You want to keep your brother safe and you want to be younger. The last one I don't understand, why do you want to be younger?”

 

Eyepatch sighed before looking back to me and motioning towards her brother with Eccil’s daughter on his back. I frowned for a moment as I tried to understand, “Are you too old to have more pups?”

 

She nodded. 

 

“I’m so sorry, Eyepatch. I…” I trailed off as a potential solution came to mind. Was I really gonna suggest being a surrogate for Eyepatch to ease my guilt and make her happy? Not yet, I would need to discuss it with Liana and honestly get some clarification from Lilith. It didn't seem like the kind of thing anyone could just do… besides me, I literally had a skill for it.

 

Lilith wanted me to show people pleasure and if Eyepatch enjoyed being a mother then she would want me to. Liana, I wasn’t sure what she would think, she had seemed worried when she thought I was pregnant. I didn't know what her position on children was let alone being a surrogate for a dire wolf. Most important was me though, in Sophia’s old world I had never desired children… and I didn’t want them in this world either, at least not yet. I could be a surrogate but I wasn’t ready for raising a child of my own.

 

I slumped down on Eyepatch’s back, things had just gotten very complicated again.

60