A Calamity’s Love (11)
1.1k 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Iris surveyed the ants belong her. She then looked over to the sleeping person in her arms. Her gaze softened. She was able to save him. He was no longer a demon. From this point on, he will now live like an ordinary human being, free of all his sins; she would be the one to carry his sins for him. Iris moved over and gave his forehead a soft peck. 

Merlin watched in shock. Despite being turned into a calamity, she still held her affections for the man in her arms. 

“Gotoh,” her voice vibrated through the air, smooth and melodious.

Gotoh’s ears perked up as his back straightened without second thought. 

“I’m leaving him in your care,” she said as she extended her arms out. Suddenly, the Rius’ body levitated and floated with a heavenly glow down to where Gotoh and Tezu were. As soon as Rius’ limp body fell into their hands, the light dissipated. 

Iris closed her eyes. The next moment when she opened her eyes, her eyes had lost all color, being only black. Golden and ruby colored runes appeared on her glowing translucent body. She twisted her arm around and grabbed one of the rings behind her back. As soon as it touched her fingers, it transformed into a majestic bow.

Merlin’s senses spiked in alarm.

“WATCH OUT!!!!!”

Drawing the string from the bow, an abnormally large array appeared with more than a hundred thousand golden arrows appeared. Iris released the string and the arrows all came raining down like bullets creating craters. She was no longer Iris, she was the Calamity. While the Calamity was beginning her massacre, Iris was actually awake within the soul of the one that has inhabited her body - the Mist Demon, otherwise known as the Fallen God of ten thousand years ago. That’s right, this was the calamity from ten thousand years ago in a new body.

Many did not survive this simple attack. In a blink of an eye, she had wiped out more than two-thirds of their forces. After taking this severe hit, many began retaliated, but their actions were futile, having no damage done to her. Many began fleeing in desperation and in fear. They had never witnessed such power! Merlin’s attack against her were completely useless. He was angry! He was at the world, at Rius, at Iris! But above all, he was more angry with himself - he was disappointed in himself. Perhaps if he had listened to his daughter, none of this would’ve happened. He just never thought her love for such a man was to this extent. While everyone else was being attacked, Gotoh and Tezu were rather safe, having Rius’ body with them. 

Just when all hope was lost,

*BELLS TOLL*

A thunderous bell rung from within the clouds. The clouds parted to reveal who had arrived - Gods! All of the tiny humans were beyond shocked.

The Calamity clearly recognized these newcomers, and from the moment of her birth, the Gods were aware of hers - the Fallen God, the first calamity from ten thousand years ago as been reborn.

“And here we thought you had been completely eliminated,” one of the gods spoke.

“It’s nice to see you too, brother,” a smooth, velvety and somewhat languidly seductive voice came from the Calamity. It was still Iris’ voice, but the way it was being used sounded very unlike her. 

“How did you survive?” a goddess asked.

“It was quite simple, really. Just before my life ended, I sent the weakest part of my soul out of my body to find a temporary vessel in which I could recuperate Although it was the weakest part of my soul, it was the most dense in mana; my core of existence. Many of the vessels of which I’ve occupied weren’t able to hold onto their sanity and eventually were devoured by my power before I could even be reborn or obtain an actual form,” Calamity Iris spoke calmly.

“The most previous one, Rius Solece, could’ve been completely devoured by me; I could’ve been reborn through that vessel; he was perfect, well, almost,” Calamity Iris remarked with an almost mocking tone but still held elegance in the way she spoke. She then began stroking her arms and body in an intimate manner. “But this vessel-, this vessel wouldn’t allow it. So instead, she offered herself to me - the perfect vessel; one that has been blessed by mana.”

All the gods could agree that Iris was the perfect vessel; Iris was blessed by the mana thus it helped her contain her shape and manage the heavenly yet demonic mana of the fallen god. 

Suddenly, one of the goddess’s neck snapped! The senses of all the gods there spiked in fear as the earth-trembling battle began! Humans and demons have been pushed out of the war for their own good. For this was now a battle among Gods. But even in the process of running away from the battlefield, the spells and attacks from these gods stretched across the lands, dragging in innocent lives. It was a battle that stretched across the whole continent. Wild beasts and mythical creatures became infected by the heavenly demonic mana energy that Calamity Iris released driving them made causing them to wreak havoc. The whole continent was up in flames.

However, despite being in the middle of the battle, Gotoh, Tezu and Rius remained untouched. Or to be more precise, just before they’re about to be struck down by any oncoming attacks, Calamity Iris’ body would move on its own and send another attack to counter. She would protect them. Every single time it happened, Calamity Iris would become baffled by how strong-willed this vessel was.

Calamity Iris smiled to herself, Truly the perfect vessel.

If the humans and demons went up against this calamity, they would’ve been wiped out within 5 minutes. But for these gods, it was less than 30 minutes. And this was because of the vessel the Fallen God was occupying. Iris’ body acted as an extra boost for his abilities. 

Calamity Iris watched as all the humans, demons, gods and goddesses writhe in pain, trying to flee from her for dear life. Calamity Iris was satisfied with the reign of terror she brought forth. Descending down from the sky, the moment her bare feet touched the ground, it burned, charring the shattered ground leaving footprints behind. It was as if her body was melting the ground.

Deep within the soul, Iris was awake watching the catastrophe take place. There was hope in her heart - now everyone’s attention will be focused on her. Her reign of terror was able to overturn Rius’ within minutes of being reborn. 

“I think it’s about time to end this,” Iris said to C-2.

[Agreed.]

Calamity Iris was walking over to where Rius laid. However, just before she reached them, a piercing pain attacked her from the inside. 

“AHHHH-! Augh-! ARGH-!” Calamity Iris clenched her stomach, falling down to her knees. Her entire body was burning! 

Calamity Iris panted heavily as sweat beads began forming. This was a wrenching pain that she has never felt before in both lifetimes. Something was different about this pain. Calamity Iris clenched her head with both hands before knocking her head straight to the ground, shattering it. Her golden wings twitched and flexed, showing the stress and pain that she was going through. Her wings battered, creating massive winds that were strong enough to wipe down houses. 

Everyone who was still alive, as well as the gods and goddesses were bewildered by the sudden outrage of this calamity. 

“AAAAHHHHH! YOU DAMN HUMAN!!!! YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT ME?!” Calamity Iris bellowed.

Merlin caught wind of what was said and lifted up his head. There was still hope! Iris was still alive!

Rubble and lava became a flurry around here, transforming into a large tornado. It was a sight to behold! Lightning cracked as thunder rumbled ominously from the tornado. All the gods, goddesses and living creatures had to evacuate from the site as everything was being pulled in; corpses, trees, stones, everything was being dragged in expanding its size as it soared up to the heavens.

Suddenly, there was a thunderous clap!

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH-!” Calamity Iris’ voice bellowed out in agony.

*BOOOOOOOM* *WWWWHHHHHOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHH!*

The tornado was condensed into a ball where Calamity Iris’ body was and exploded, sending a mind-breaking, earth-shattering shockwave. Across the continent of Ove, all wild beasts and mythical creatures were struck unconscious by the sheer pressure of this explosion. All humans and demons alike. The only ones who managed to hang onto their consciousness were the gods and goddesses, and high-ranking mages and demons. Other than that, the continent became eerily silent.

All of those who managed to remain awake looked around their shrouded surroundings due to the heavy dust, confused and frightened. They were careful not to move from their locations, remaining locked and alert.

Merlin looked around. King Aslan, Prince Callum and Elena remained awake by his side. He was looking for someone. When he spotted Rius, whose body remained untainted, he was shocked. Despite the catastrophe that happened, he remained clean and unharmed. Beside him was Gotoh, passed out and Tezu, who groaned in pain while trying to stay awake.

Merlin’s ears perked when he head soft footsteps to his left. He snapped his head in that direction and everyone else turned to face that direction, readying their blades and weapons. As the steps got closer and closer, they sounded heavier and heavier.

When the shrouded figure appeared from the dust clouds, Merlin’s eyes widened in shock. Covered from head to toe in black liquid - which Merlin realized was her blood - was Iris, dragging those broken golden wings behind her. She was still in her calamity form, however, her skin color was no longer transparent but her normal skin color. With each step she took towards Rius’ unconscious body, she’d shed a trait that belonged to the calamity. First, she lost the calamity skin appearance, then her hair reverted back to its flaming red color, then her arms and legs returned to their human-like appearance. She was still naked, however. But before the golden wings could fall off, they melted like gold liquid and swirled up her legs, forming a semi-transparent golden robe that dragged along the ground. 

She moved at a steady pace; it was neither too fast or too slow; Merlin took a closer look and examined her. His breath shook unbearably.

“It’s the Calamity!! Attack!!” someone yelled and everyone began attacking!

Sending in their magic attacks and weapons, each attack landed on Iris cleanly, either blasting her away or piercing right through her, yet the moment she fell, she’d stand up, adjust her position then walk forward again. This happened over and over again.

“STOP IT!” Merlin roared, making everyone come to an immediate halt.

“Back away from her this instant!” he growled with bloodshot eyes, making everyone there tremble.

Following his orders, everyone backed away, forming a circle around Iris. King Aslan noticed the abnormality in Merlin’s behavior. Glancing over to Iris, who was limping and dragging her severely injured body to who knows where, he asked, “What’s wrong, Merlin?”

The tension on Merlin’s face finally relaxed before turning into a broken expression. With a trembling voice, he answered, “S-she-! She’s going to him. She has lost her sense of sight, hearing, smell and pain. I can tell that much just by looking at her.” Merlin’s voice cracked. “Despite all that-! She-, she-! Iris wants to return to his side!”

Each time she was knocked off course, she would readjust herself to the where she last remembered Rius was. But now that there was no longer any one obstructing her, she slowly made her way to where Rius was. It was just as merlin said, she could no longer feel, see or hear. Her eyes lost their vibrant colors, looking cloudy and dull

“... what if it’s the Calamity? What if it’s trying to go back to its previous vessel?! We’d be wiped out for sure!” Prince Callum hissed under his breath. He still cannot forgive Rius for what he thought Rius has done to Elena. With bloodshot eyes, he commanded his sword and it flew straight towards Rius.

However, within that very instant, by instincts, Iris’ body moved and took the attack.

“Ngh-! Blegh-!” Iris coughed out the black blood that was stuck in her throat.

Elena gasped and turned to look at Prince Callum. He was still dead set on killing Rius.

“Callum!” said King Aslan.

Merlin snapped. He whipped around using his fist, to punch Prince Callum in the face. He did not pull back on his punch, sending his a few feet away.

“Even if you are a Prince, you’ve overstepped your line this time!” Merlin gnashed his teeth.

Elena ran over and hugged his arm as tears rolled down her cheeks. She was feeling guilty. Extremely guilty.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” she whispered under her breath.

Iris had fallen down to her knees when Merlin turned back. She had no idea what happened, but at the same time, she had a feeling she knew what happened.

Just then, a stream of light broke through the dark clouds and shined down on her defeated figure, illuminating her very last moments. As she slowly lifted her head up to the sky, her expression was clear for all to see. There was no remorse, just contentedness. With a faint smile, her eyes finally closed as her body swayed, falling flat on her side just a few feet away from Rius.

22