Colosseum of Champions (3)
820 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days went by in a flash. The time of judgement has arrived. As Sen was dolling Hana up, she had a feeling of nostalgia; remembering of when she dolled her younger sister, Lucia, for her prom dance. She wanted to make sure that Lucia was the most beautiful and most radiant. The thought of just remembering these memories made her smile warmly.

Hana was sitting in front of a mirror, observing herself and Sen. So when she saw the warm smile on Sen’s face, she was taken aback, stunned by this warm smile. Hana had always known that Sen was the most beautiful person she has ever encountered in her life with a heart of gold. Sen took her in, fed her, clothed her and gave her a home. 

After putting the last jade pin into Hana’s hair, Sen looked over to Hana through the bronze mirror. Seeing her work, Sen felt extremely proud.

“You look extremely beautiful, Hana,” said Sen. 

Hana did not say anything, Sen knew what it was she was feeling and thinking. After all, Sen had a similar experience in her past life when she became an escort. 

“Like I’ve said before, once you start working you’ll start making money. And when you’ve earned enough, you can buy yourself from me and become a free young woman. Unless a man comes and takes you away before that,” Sen said as she softly stroked Hana’s back.

“The man that I’m supposed to be with tonight… is he a good man?” Hana asked nervously.

Sen filtered through the OG Sen’s memories and wanted to burst out laughing. A good man?! Suppressing her from doing so, she answered smoothly, “He knows how to treat a woman with care.”

There was a sudden knock at the doors. “Madam, Hana. He’s here,” Reina said from the other side of the tatami doors.

Sen was able to sense him from the moment he left his palace doors making his way here. As he got closer, Sen could feel the intense, charismatic pressure he brought along with him. He was clearly not hiding the fact that he was someone not to be trifled with. As soon as he entered into the manor, his very aura filled up the entire place. Sen felt Hana tense up under her palm.

“Don’t worry. I know he’ll treat you well,” Sen assured her. Based on OG Sen’s memories, all of the women who have been with him told her that Yuri was quite gentle in bed despite his egotistical and arrogant behavior outside of the bedroom. “Show our esteemed guest to their room first. Hana and I will follow shortly.”

***

After 20 minutes of letting Hana adjust to the reality of what was happening, Sen led Hana by her hand to the room. It was Yuri’s exclusive room on the third floor located in the west wing, far from the others. 

Standing in front of the doors to Yuri’s room, Hana knew at that moment who it was she was going to be accompanying for the night. Feeling the slight tremors from Hana’s body, Sen lifted up her finger and tapped the middle of Hana’s exposed forehead. Sen sent a little current through Hana’s body to calm down her nerves and relieve her tension. Noticing that her mind was now clear and she was not as nervous as she was before, Hana looked over to Sen.

Sen then slid open the doors, exposing the dark abyss that waited for her. Taking a deep breath, Hana took a step into the room and Sen closed the door behind her. Reina came up to her side.

“Make sure to tend to her after Yuri has left.”

“I will.”

Walking out into the courtyard, Sen looked at the star-filled sky with no moon. Sen began walking towards the cherry blossom tree as she listened to the chatter, laughter and music from inside the manor. Many of the rooms and private party rooms had their windows opened so Sen was able to hear the rowdiness from these rooms. When she reached the edge of the pond that circled around the glowing cherry blossom tree, Sen looked up to the dazzling tree. The OG Sen was keeping this cherry blossom tree alive with  a little bit of her powers. It would remain blooming year-round despite the beautifully falling petals that created the perfect scenery picture.

Looking down to see the koi fishes that swam eagerly, Sen smiled softly before lifting her feet to walk into the water. Instead of falling into the water, Sen was actually walking across the surface, each step leaving a little ripple. 

With hair braided loosely to the side, she crossed her arms as soon as she made it to the little island with the cherry blossom tree. Looking up to the tree, it was truly a magical sight; one Sen never thought she’d be able to see in her lifetime.

Just as she turned around to walk away, falling from above her head was a glowing white cherry blossom flower. It swayed and floated down leisurely. Sen opened her palm and the flower voluntarily fell into her palm.

White? But my cherry blossom tree is not white but pink. 

“If it isn’t Madam Ki?” a low, seductive voice hummed from above.

Based on OG Sen’s memories, Sen did not know who this voice belonged to. She turned around and looked up. Resting upon the thick branch of the tree in a relaxed manner was an extremely handsome, chiseled man who exuded sex appeal. His powerful pecs and abs were visible as his maroon red robe was opened wide for all to see. His bright and clear icy blue eyes stared down onto her, examining her from top to bottom as his long and wavy black hair cascaded down his back and shoulders. With a devilishly handsome smile hooked upon his lips, he rest his head against his wrist.

Staring at him with surprise, Sen then heard C-2 say, [That is Host’s Target of this world. Good Luck.]

Who the fuck is this?

After receiving a little synopsis report from C-2, Sen finally knew who this man was. He was Yoru - a celestial. But not just a celestial. He is also Yuri’s younger brother. Yoru was the celestial that presided over the Orc race. His current resident was in the orc kingdom of Dunes in the capital city of Rungweon. He was one of the few men who fell for the beloved female lead of this world. 

And his encounter with Hana was actually before Sen picked her up from the streets. Hana had stumbled in the orcs lands and stirred up trouble with her righteous and pure personality. Coming to solve the problems, there Yoru saw her and fell in love at first sight; she ignited a fire within his heart.

However, this was the only snippet C-2 gave Sen. The part C-2 left out was that after Yoru had dissolved the problems and Hana was safely out of the dwarf lands, he sealed his presence and followed after her to make sure she was safe. He protected her from the dark creatures, often appearing as her guardian.

That was until the OG Sen picked her up from the streets and began raising her. Thus from time to time, Yoru would seal his celestial presence and disguise himself to visit her. He’d never request for a woman or for anything extravagant; all he wanted was to see her, even if it was just a glimpse. Yoru also made sure that as soon as he sensed his brother’s presence, he’d disappear like the wind. Why is that? His current relationship with his brother was kind of complicated. However, even though he was in disguise, Hana would always be able to pick him out and chat with him freely.

Yoru has only seen the OG Sen a few times, and it was so few that he could count on one hand how many times he’s seen her. But from these little encounters, he’s come to the conclusion that he disliked Sen. Hana was always receiving the short stick, was often bullied and ridiculed, yet Sen did nothing. 

So, in Yoru’s heart, Sen already had a bad start. Yet, when he saw that expression and heard Sen's Exchange with Reina two days ago, he was slightly intrigued.

***

Regaining her calm, she bowed her head, “Greetings Celestial Yoru. Had I known you were stopping by, I would have attended to you better.”

“Oh, so you’ve heard of me?”

“Mhn. Your brother talks about you.” This was bullshit.

“Hahaha, that sounds very unlike him,” Yoru laughed as he looked off into the distance.

Noticing his tender eyes, Sen followed his gaze which landed on Yuri’s bedroom window. Sen waited and waited and waited, but the event she was waiting for didn’t happen. Hana did not bust out running… Sen’s brow lightly twitched in confusion but it is what it is. 

“Since you are already here, did you want to come in to enjoy the entertainment?” Sen asked.

Yoru smiled playfully as he shook his head and jumped off the branch, landing in front of Sen. 

“No need. I just wanted to see someone… And I better leave before my brother sees me or else you’ll be punished,” said Yoru as he looked over to Sen. “Besides, I don’t want anything from someone who’s impartial.”

And with that, he disappeared. Although his face did not show it, Sen could sense that there was some sort of hostility Yoru had against her. Sen just silently groaned to herself. This was going to be a somewhat difficult target. Looks like they’re already off to a bad start in this world.

***

The following day, Yuri worked really fast. He vouched for having Hana become his disciple.

“If she becomes your disciple, then that means you’ve just laid your hands on your student. What kind of moral is that, Yuri?”

“Sex happened before she became my disciple. When we eloped, I felt her spiritual energy. It was something I have never experienced before! From that point, I knew she was a diamond in the rough that needed polishing to excel in this world! She’ll be renowned as the world’s strongest human! She's most worthy to be by my side!”

Hana was just seated beside Yuri in a shy manner, with a hint of blush upon her. However, Sen being who Sen was, sensed that there was something amiss.

C-2, run a report of what has happened in this world this time around. Why do I get the feeling that they’ve been together way before last night’s event…

After a few moments, C-2 confirmed her suspicions.

[Looks like Yuri has been secretly coveting Hana for the past 2 years now. They have been openly communicating when the OG and everyone else was not present.]

What?! Are you serious?! The plot of this world has already changed before I made my appearance?!

[Looks like it.]

Sen just sighed heavily on the inside. They were both very good at acting. Particularly Hana. Acting as if she was all nervous and stuff. Guess she was trembling from excitement rather than nervousness. What about Yoru? Has he been here before? Has he ever interacted with Hana directly?

[They have been interacting together since before the OG brought her here according to this new information I’m getting.]

Why is this storyline different from the previous storyline? 

[Although very rare, there have been occasions when a transmigrator goes into a world and its current course has been altered compared to the information they were provided on the new world. These worlds are called Divergent worlds.]

Hmmm, Sen thought to herself. Turns out, Yoru and Hana have a deeper relationship than Sen originally thought. However, it looks like at this point in time, Hana has already chosen the person she wants to be with...

 

19