Chapter 1 – The Heart’s Desire
1.1k 17 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as it happened so many times over the past year, Ren was suddenly awoken within the confines of his Velvet Room cell. But unlike normal his vision was incredibly blurry, more alarmingly than that he also felt as if he could not move.

The pleasant and gentle voice of Lavenza at least helped to soothe his worries, immediately thinking that she would clarify what was going on, “Hm… it would appear that something extremely unexpected has occurred to you Trickster” it sounded like she was just a few feet away, but all Ren could see was blue, “Do you remember what could have led to this turn of events?”

Remember what?

“It seems that in the final moments of Mementos’ existence something happened that even your teammates were unaware of, shall I help you remember?” maybe he was wrong, but it almost sounded like Lavenza was closer now.

“Remember the first time you mentioned it to your friends” as she said this Ren began to feel himself slip back into unconsciousness.

 

Mentioned… it?

The days blurred back further and further all the way to October 7th, just four short days before Okumura’s deadline. As per usual though the heist had been completed for some time, they were just waiting for the change of heart to finally occur.

Morgana had slipped out while Ren had been spending time with Kawakami, but now she was gone and Morgana had still yet to return. Ren wasn’t normally one to message his friends first, in fact this entire year he had almost never been the one to start a text conversation but, this time he had something on his mind.

 

Ren: Mementos, if it’s the Palace of the public would changes there affect reality?

Ryuji: Woah dude, where the hell did this come from?

Yusuke: It does seem rather out of the blue

Yusuke: But then again Joker is a man of intense focus

Yusuke: Undoubtedly this has been on his mind for some time

Ann: Why don’t you ask Morgana about it?

Ren: He’s not home right now

Makoto: You mean, could we change the cognition of the entire public?

Ryuji: Wait, is that possible?!

Ryuji: That would make our whole job a hell of a lot easier!

Makoto: We don’t know for certain if that’s even possible

Makoto: But even if we could it would most likely change the hearts of everyone

Makoto: And I don’t think that’s something we should jump into carelessly

Haru: I agree, we could cause far more issues than we’d fix

Futaba: Even if it was possible I doubt we’d be able to do it now

Futaba: We still have no idea how deep Mementos goes after all

Makoto: That’s very true as well

Makoto: What were you hoping to accomplish with Mementos Ren?

Ren: It’s nothing

Ryuji: Doesn’t seem like it’s nothin’ if you’re askin us this late at night

Ann: Oh, were you thinking about using Mementos to get rid of your record?

Futaba: Even if we did do that, the files for your assault charge wouldn’t vanish

Futaba: Probably

Ren: No it’s not that, it’s not important

Ren: Just something I was thinking about

 

Right after he sent that message Morgana came into Leblanc for the night, so he dropped the conversation and got ready for bed at once.

 

When Ren awoke once again in the Velvet Room it felt as if his eyes were more focused, still far too blurry to make anything out.

“Using Mementos to alter reality itself for reasons you kept secret even from your close friends” he was certain now that Lavenza was closer to him than usual, “I’m sure they would have been accommodating to your wishes if you had told them of your desire”

My… Desire? Mementos…

 

More memories began to surge to the surface of Ren’s mind. The days rolled back to November 2nd, in a short time the battle with Sae’s Shadow would be taking place. 

The Phantom Thieves were gathered in Ren’s room, considering a venture into Mementos to fulfill requests and train for their confrontation with Sae.

“Oh! By the way Morgana, do you know anything about using Mementos to alter reality?” Ann asked before they were about to go, much to everyone’s surprise, especially Ren’s

“Alter reality? It could be possible” Morgana looked around for a moment, “...I think”

“Some things never change with you ya know” Ryuji leaned back with a sigh

“How am I supposed to know?! Mementos is different from the rest of the Palaces” as usual the smallest disagreement between the two would flare up into full arguments, “Besides, even if it were possible I don’t think it’s something we have the power to do”

“Altering all of reality itself is a dangerous proposition, why would you even be interested in such an idea?” Akechi showed more of his disgust then he normally did

“I’m not” Ann motioned towards Ren, “I was just remembering that he asked about it last month but the topic never came up again”

 

Everyone’s attention turned towards their leader, who’s calm expression barely changed even with all eyes now squarely on him.

“Ah yes, you did bring that up before did you not?” Yusuke sat forward in his chair and brushed his bangs out of his face

“Wait, you brought this up before? I don’t remember that” Morgana added defensively

“I believe you were out at the time Mona-chan, by the time you came back the conversation must have been over” Haru chimed in

“Alright then, let me ask you instead” Akechi’s piercing gaze focused directly on Ren, “What exactly were you thinking of doing?”

“...” he didn’t answer the question, just stared back at his rival

“Nothing to say?” Akechi sighed, “Spit it out already!”

But he didn’t budge, he just stared back at Akechi without saying a word or moving a muscle. None of the others said anything, just spectating the stare down in complete silence.

“Fine, clearly this is a waste of time trying to get an answer out of you” he sighed, regaining his detective prince composure, “So long as you don’t actually enact whatever this idea of yours is, I suppose it doesn’t matter”

The room was left in a very awkward silence for a short time before Morgana stood up and looked at Ren.

 

“Joker… has something been going on with you lately?” Morgana sounded concerned, “You’ve been even quieter than usual for a few weeks now”

“I’m fine” he fidgetted his glasses as he spoke

“I swear you are impossible to read dude” Ryuji sighed

“He keeps his cards close to his chest, as could be expected of a thief” Yusuke grinned at the thought

“Still, if something were going on, you would be comfortable telling us right?” Makoto sounded concerned, “We are a team after all”

Ren just nodded in response, leaving the room in another awkward silence for a moment before eventually venturing into Mementos like they planned.

 

Once again Ren’s vision slowly faded back into the Velvet Room, a bit more clear now then it was before. He could feel his arms twitch slightly, some sensation beginning to return.

“Even when pressed you choose to keep the truth to yourself” Lavenza’s light voice was again the only thing he could hear, “But as you may know now, if one possessed the will of the masses, they could indeed influence reality itself”

Will of the masses… that sounds like…

“As I’m sure you’ve realized, the God of Control did in fact possess the will of the masses” there was a brief pause, “But you must recollect what happened during your battle against the false God”

 

Immediately Ren could see the entirety of the Phantom Thieves standing on that platform way up in the sky, down and nearly beaten during their battle with Yaldabaoth. But that wasn’t how it ended, they could all hear the wishes and cheers of the people, they could hear the faith the public was putting in the Phantom Thieves.

“Joker, we’re entrusting our strength and the people’s hopes to you! Put an end to this!” was what Morgana said before Joker finished off Yaldabaoth.

The people’s hopes?

“That’s right Trickster, in those moments during your battle the will of the masses shifted to the Phantom Thieves, in essence for a short time you took the power of the God of Control yourselves” Lavenza smiled, how exactly Ren could tell she did though he had no idea, “Of course you weren’t consciously thinking of anything aside from defeating this foe, you weren’t thinking of what you wanted to change at all”

I had completely forgotten about it, but… how then?

“I assume you are trying to figure out what exactly happened after? You do not need to be thinking of something in order to enact change, you held the collective unconscious as your own power for a short time, as such the wishes and desires of your heart were pressed close to the people’s cognition” he felt Lavenza’s hand on his arm now, “You didn’t hold the power for long, so only the most powerful desire had been able to get pushed into the world’s cognition”

 

At long last Ren’s vision was back to normal, the numbness was nearly fully subsiding now. Slowly he sat up on the prison cot with his hand over his face.

“Without even realizing it, you had enacted a change in the cognition of the world” Lavenza took a step back, “You changed yourself”

With a tired groan he opened his eyes again, moving his hand away from his face and looking down at his body.

“...!” he gasped, though in a far softer voice now

He had looked down expecting to see his normal body, but he instead saw the body of a girl. Her waist was thinner than before, her hips slightly wider, and she possessed a modest chest. All of which were dead giveaways of just how intensely her body had changed.

“Surprised?” Lavenza asked, now standing outside of the cell like usual

“H-how did…” Ren was at a loss for words, “This doesn’t make sense…”

“The world as you know it has always been made entirely by cognition” she smiled warmly, “and when the world was reset upon splitting with Mementos, it rebuilt itself with your heart making one major change”

“My heart…” her voice was easily the most noticeable difference from before, previously it had been rather deep for her age but now? It sat somewhere in the pitch of a typical high school girl

“But… aren’t you upset with me?” she looked at the attendant with a puzzled look, “I used the power of the masses for something selfish… I exploited the power”

“Had you done so consciously it would have been a grave error” Lavenza shook her head, “but this was not your intention, as such you cannot be blamed for using the power selfishly when in truth you only sought to use it to end the God of Control once and for all”

She stayed silent for a few moments

“Now that you remember all that happened to you, it is time to awaken once more” Lavenza was still smiling, “I’m sure your teammates have plenty of questions after all”

My teammates… I’ll need to explain this all to them…

The ringing of the prison alarm slowly sent her back into reality once again.

 

Ren groaned softly in her bed, her eyes slowly beginning to flutter open, a plethora of voices could be heard below in Leblanc. She still felt sluggish and weak, but she pressed through it and rose up out of bed to her feet. The familiar talking of her teammates let her know that they were all there, most likely waiting for her to awaken.

She was still wearing the same outfit she had on when they went into Mementos, her school uniform. But now it had been completely changed into the girl’s uniform with a skirt and tights.

She could hear bits and pieces of what they were saying as she walked closer to the stairs, “How are we supposed to fix this?!” that sounded like Ryuji’s voice

“Mementos is gone… what can we do?” Makoto’s voice said

“I don’t know… for now let's just see how she feels ok?” that one had to be Morgana

“If I were in Ren’s place I’d be freakin out” Ryuji sighed

“Luckily Ren’s a lot more composed than you” Futaba jabbed

The talking all stopped once she reached the middle step of the stairs, presumably they could all hear her walking down at last. She took one final moment for a deep breath before walking down the last couple of steps onto the store floor.

 

Makoto, Ann and Haru were all sat at the middle booth while Futaba was sat behind them in the closest booth to Ren. Meanwhile Ryuji, Yusuke and Morgana were all sitting at the counter. Every person present was looking at Ren for a split second of silence before beginning to speak.

“Yo! You’re finally awake!” Ryuji got up out of his seat first, with the others getting up as well

“We were starting to get worried that you’d be out even longer” the exhaustion and worry in Makoto’s voice was very apparent

“How long was I out?” Ren’s cool composure was only slightly shaken given these strange turn of events

“You missed the evening of Christmas Eve, and it’s the evening of Christmas day now” Ann yawned after speaking

“Did you all… stay here?”

“Come, let’s all fill Ren in on what happened” Yusuke motioned for everyone to take a seat again.

 

After Mementos had fully vanished all of the Thieves were dropped back into Shibuya with none of the citizens seemingly being aware of anything that had happened that day. They discussed what had happened and what exactly they thought happened to Morgana before quickly realizing something else.

“W-wait… where’s Ren at?” Makoto was the first to notice his absence and looked around the area

“He was standin right next to us!” Ryuji darted his head around rapidly

“No… he can’t be gone too” Ann’s eyes started to tear up

“Nonsense, we must believe in our leader’s will to survive and find him!” Yusuke began scanning over the area

“It’s too crowded here… how are we ever going to find him?” Haru sounded crestfallen and looked towards the ground

“Come on guys! Snap out of it! Don’t give up before we even look!” Ryuji had started running around the area, knocking into a few people while searching relentlessly

“Ryuji! Running into people won’t help anyone” Ann yelled at him

“N-no… Mona and Ren both?” Futaba crouched down to the ground, “I can’t believe it”

The group all spent some time looking around the immediate area but had no such luck in finding Ren anywhere.

“A little… help” a familiar voice called out somewhere nearby but didn’t seem to draw any attention from anyone else in Shibuya.

 

The whole group ran off towards the voice to find a bizarre sight in a nearby alley. A strange black haired girl was passed out on the ground, pinning Morgana beneath her.

“M-Mona?!” Futaba gasped

“I don’t understand… how are you here right now?” Ann asked while Makoto gently moved the girl to free Morgana from beneath her.

“It seems that… the only me that’s gone is the one in the Metaverse” he sighed, stretching in a very catlike manner

“So you remained in reality… as a cat?” Makoto stood back up and looked at him

“Seems so, I just woke up here a moment ago” he looked up at his teammates to see that Joker was not with them, “wait a minute… where’s Ren at?”

“We don’t know! Do you have any idea where he could have disappeared to Morgana?” Ann was worriedly looking around again

“No, I’m afraid not, I don’t remember much after Mementos vanished” he sighed

“Then help us look for him, Mona! If you’re still here then there’s no chance in hell he’s gone and vanished on us!” Ryuji was running in a small area around the group looking in every possible direction again.

 

Haru and Makoto then both looked down at the girl who was still laying on the ground.

“I also think we should try to figure out who this girl is, she nearly crushed Mona-chan” Haru motioned to the black haired girl, “but I’m worried something bad has happened her”

Her hair was shoulder length and very messy, she had a very familiar pair of glasses on and even more surprisingly she was wearing a Shujin uniform.

“She goes to our school” Makoto thought aloud

“Does… anyone else feel that she looks familiar?” Yusuke formed a square with his fingers and looked at the girl, “I can’t quite put my finger on it”

“She’s really cute, but I don’t recognize her at all” Ryuji shrugged, “Forget about her though! We still gotta look for Ren!”

“She… sort of looks like him, don’t you think?” Futaba cocked her head to the side

“Now that you mention it… yes, she looks like she could be his sister” Haru nodded in agreement.

The group all stopped what they were doing and went quiet for a moment before turning their attention to each other once again, each looking surprised.

“You don’t think…” Ryuji rubbed the back of his head

“It… would make sense” Yusuke added

“H-how does this make sense at all?” Ann didn’t quite get it

“I agree with Yusuke… think about it, Ren’s missing, this girl looks like him, and she was randomly passed out in Shibuya on top of Morgana” Makoto looked at the girl again

“Plus she’s wearing a Shujin uniform” Haru nodded in agreement

“But why would Ren have changed like that?” Ann looked at the girl now as well

“...I have no idea, but I think it’s a possibility that this could be the result of Mementos collapsing?” Morgana said, then thought about it some more, “Maybe there’s… a prevalent cognition that the leader of the Phantom Thieves is a girl?”

Ryuji scratched his head in confusion, “The eff?! Why would that be a common idea?”

“Or maybe it was an act of that God of Control, giving one last spite to the one who killed him” Yusuke pondered

“If that’s the case it would be kind of a weird punishment” Ann didn’t sound like she believed that idea very much

“Regardless of whether she’s Ren or not we should take her back to Leblanc” Futaba said while shivering a bit, “it’s too cold and dangerous for us to leave a girl sleeping in an alley”

“Good idea, we can clear our heads and think more on it there” Makoto started to pick the girl up.

 

Yusuke was about to say something else when he noticed a familiar person approaching the group “oh, that’s…”

“What happened, is Ren ok?” the voice of Sae Niijima approached the group

“Ren? Do you see him around here?” Ann asked in confusion

“What are you talking about? Makoto is holding her up right now, seriously is something the matter? Do I need to take you all to a hospital?” she sounded even more concerned now

“Wait a minute, you mean this girl is Ren?” Makoto asked in surprise

“Of course she is, why do you ask?”

“He-.... Ren doesn’t look any different from before?” Yusuke asked

“Not at all, I just saw you all earlier today as well” Sae looked at them all, a mix of confusion and concern clear on her face, “What’s going on with you?”

“This mornin our leader was a-” Ryuji started but was cut off by Makoto

“Sorry about that sis, I suppose we’re all just really tired from the mission today, Ren included” she looked at the girl again, “s-she must have just passed out from the exhaustion”

“Well, I can’t say I blame you, you should all make sure she gets home safe and then all of you should go straight home right away, ok?” Sae sighed, “...I had something to ask her too” she muttered under her breath but none of the Thieves caught it.

 

Everyone was seated back where they were before in Leblanc, with Ren now sitting next to Ann in the booth.

“Once we brought you here even Sojiro had no idea what we were talking about” Futaba added, “he thought we were all nuts for asking if you were you so many times”

“We called it a night after that and went home, but we gathered here again pretty early in the mornin” Ryuji yawned obnoxiously loud

“Then we had Morgana tell us of a few other people you spend your time with and we asked them if they remembered you as you are now or not” Yusuke followed up

“But every single person we asked just remembered you as you are now” Haru explained, “We checked in with your homeroom teacher, your doctor, Yusuke’s classmate, the gun shop owner, but none of them could remember you as a boy”

Ren could easily see just how tired every single one of them was, but even still they all looked happy just to see that she was awake and ok. 

 

She looked down at herself again, gripping the hem of her skirt silently for a few moments.

“I’m sorry” she bowed her slightly, “I didn’t mean to worry you all”

“You don’t gotta apologize dude” Ryuji chuckled, “It’s not like you intended to do all this and pass out for a day”

She sighed, a bit relieved, then raised her head back up again and nodded

“....So, do you have any idea about what could have happened?” Morgana stood up on his chair and asked, “We’ve been trying to figure it out all day… but we really have no idea how or why this could have happened”

She fell silent again

“We’ve also been trying to figure out how to get you back to normal, but without the metaverse it might be kinda hard” Futaba said, “B-but I’m sure we can figure it out! Eventually”

They deserve to know the truth…

“There’s no need” Ren shook her head

Everybody looked at her in confusion, “what do you mean?” Ann asked

“This…” she half motioned to herself, “is what I wanted”

“WHAT?!” Ryuji nearly fell out of his chair

“Huh?!” Ann yelled in surprise

“Y-you mean to say that you did this to yourself?” Makoto asked

“Not intentionally, but it was my desire” Ren explained, despite her calmness her heart was racing

“I see… in that case…” Morgana was deep in thought, “It had to do with when we had the hopes of the masses right?”

“...It would seem so” she thought about it for a moment, “at least… that’s how Lavenza described it”

“You spoke to Lady Lavenza again? While you were sleeping?” Morgana looked a bit surprised.

 

Ren caught them all up to speed on what she was told about how this all had happened to begin with.

“So that’s how it happened…” Futaba said quietly

“We are rather fortunate our leader had nothing but a pure desire, rather than a tainted one” Yusuke smiled

“Seriously, though I suppose we wouldn’t have entrusted all of our power in her if we suspected any bad desires” Makoto nodded in agreement

“If any of us deserved to wield all that power, it was definitely you leader!” Ryuji grinned

“You’re all… not mad?” she sounded genuinely confused

“What’s there to be mad about? You didn’t do anything wrong” Ann smiled warmly at her, everyone else agreeing with her

“I used our power selfishly…” Ren closed her eyes, “I betrayed our ideals”

“You said it was unintentional though” Makoto said, “How could that be selfish?”

“But I wanted to do it… that’s why I was asking about changing reality through Mementos” she sighed, “this whole time I’ve wanted to change the world just for my own benefit”

“I can’t say that I really get it” Ryuji was scratching the back of his head, “but it doesn’t seem like that big of a deal?”

“Indeed, would it have been selfish? Perhaps” Yusuke said, “but you weren’t doing anything wrong, there are no negative outcomes of this change”

“That’s right, it’s only natural to want for something” Haru smiled, “it’s only a problem when you gain it at the expense of others”

Ren looked around at her teammates, “I… suppose”

“I must admit, I’m much more interested in why you wanted this change” Morgana said, “You’ve never mentioned wanting to be a girl before”

The rest of the Phantom Thieves also clearly wanted to know the answer to that question. Ren thought about it for a few moments, how to best explain exactly what her desire was and what it meant.

 

“Well…” she crossed her arms in front of her, “It’s a bit hard to explain… but it’s always been something I’ve thought about”

No one else said anything, they were all listening intently

“I always sort of thought that’s what every guy kinda wanted, to be a girl?” she looked at the guys sitting at the counter

“Hell no!” Ryuji immediately yelled

“I cannot say that’s a desire I’ve ever felt myself” Yusuke explained much more calmly

“Why did you think that?” Morgana asked

“Because for as long as I can remember, that’s how I’ve felt” she shrugged, “I always used to think ‘why would anyone want to be boy?’, I would get pretty upset about it”

“Was it… difficult then? Being raised as a guy?” Makoto asked in a very cautious tone

“Yeah, I suppose it was” she thought about her past for a moment, “the mornings were always the toughest”

“Why is that?” Futaba asked

“Because I would wake up and have to be a boy again” she sighed, “I always thought I would grow out of it”

Everyone else in the room was thinking about what to say, leaving a lengthy awkward pause

“Sorry, didn’t mean to get all depressed there” she awkwardly laughed a little, “You don’t have to worry about it though, you can all just treat me the same as before, you don’t have to pretend that I’m a girl”

“But… you are a girl” Ann said, immediately stunning Ren, “I don’t really get it but… it kinda sounds like you’ve always been one?”

“I agree, besides, what kind of friends would we be if we just ignored who you are?” Makoto smiled at her

“Yes, we should all openly embrace your womanhood” Yusuke smiled, “You’ve shown us who you truly are, it would be utterly shameful for us to push you away now”

Ren stammered a bit, completely at a loss for words. She bowed her head again but didn’t say anything.

“Uh… everything alright?” Ryuji leaned over a bit to look at her

She sniffled quietly before sitting back up straight and nodding her head

“Well, now that that mystery is all settled, I’m gonna go get Sojiro and tell him that you’re awake!” Futaba got up out of her seat, “He’s taking too loooong with shopping”

“I’ll go with you, I could quite use a walk” Haru got up as well

“I will join as well, the beauty of Christmas demands my attention” Yusuke chuckled.

 

The remaining friends in Leblanc after the others left continued to talk amongst themselves.

“So, is the name Ren still alright?” Makoto asked

“Hm?” she looked confused

“I’m not too familiar with how all of this works, so I wanted to make sure if you were comfortable with us calling you that” Makoto explained

“Oh… yeah, Ren’s fine” she nodded

“I guess Ren is a gender neutral name” Ann said, “Looks like you got lucky in that regard”

She nodded

“I must admit though, you really threw us for a loop” Makoto laughed, “I can’t say any of us really anticipated anything like this happening”

“Our leader has always been full of surprises!” Ann giggled

“She certainly never lets us get bored” Ryuji smirked before looking like he realized something, “Wait so what are you going to do about school?”

“Well, Ms. Kawakami only remembered Ren as a girl so… I think everything should be fine?” Ann answered

“Since we don’t plan on finding a way to change you back now, I guess that works out for the best” Makoto thought out loud, “It would probably have been a hassle to try and get you re-enrolled this late”

Ren nodded again

“If everybody else only remembers her as a her, how come we still remember everything, Mona?” Ryuji looked confused at Morgana

“Well… I have a few ideas on that” he explained, “It could either be because we have Personas, therefore our cognition is harder to override… or maybe it’s because we’re her teammates? We were all there when it happened after all”

“Regardless, it would probably be more confusing for you if we also didn’t remember anything different from now, huh?” Makoto asked

“Yeah” she said plainly.

 

A short while later the other members came back with Sojiro and a whole lot of food.

“Well well well, look who finally decided to wake up” Sojiro smirked at her, “You had us worried quite a bit, kid”

“Sorry about that” it did feel a bit awkward, her guardian not being aware of such a massive change

They all had a long celebration party both for Christmas, as well as their finale as the Phantom Thieves. Of course it was also a welcoming party for the real Ren, but they were careful not to say too much around Sojiro.

Eventually as it grew later into the night, all of her friends began to head home and she started to help with the dishes and cleaning up the shop.

“You all seemed even happier than usual” Sojiro chuckled

“We had a lot to celebrate” she said, still cleaning off the dishes

“Well, now that this Phantom Thief business is all out of the way, you should be getting ready to start taking your studies seriously again” Sojiro said while grabbing a cigarette

“I will” Ren nodded

“Not that I’m worried of course, I’m surprised that you’ve been doing so well in school even with everything that’s going on” he took a drag of his cigarette, “Alright, I’m gonna head out, make sure you lock up alright?”

Ren nodded and finished cleaning up once Sojiro left.

 

Once she got up to her room she realized more than just her uniform had changed, she took out her pajamas to see that they had also been changed into girl’s clothes. Which was definitely a good thing given how much smaller she was now compared to before.

She changed into her pajamas, they were pretty much the same as before except the pants were a bit shorter. Then she went and laid back down in bed, even though she had just slept for a full day straight, she couldn’t help but feel just as tired as ever. When she was about to fall asleep though Morgana walked up to the side of the bed.

“So uh… Lady Ren? I totally understand if you don’t want me sleeping in your bed anymore” he had an awkward tone in his voice that she wasn’t used to

“Why would I suddenly kick you out?” she raised an eyebrow at him

“W-well you’re a girl! And it w-would be ungentlemanly of me to just jump into your bed” he explained

“But you’re a cat” she yawned, “so I don’t really mind”

“Wha- I AM NOT A-... oh, yeah, I guess you’re right… force of habit” he sighed and jumped up onto the bed, curling up by her side

She quickly fell asleep

“Lady Ren huh? I can get used to this” Morgana said happily, “don’t worry, I’ll make sure everything goes well from here on”

He looked over at her to see that she was completely out cold.

“Hm… to think, you had to deal with all of that on top of being the leader of the Phantom Thieves?” he sighed again before falling asleep next to her.


I would just like to note, in general I'm not particularly a huge fanfiction enjoyer most of the time? But sometimes when an idea gets stuck in my head all I can do to get it out is write it. I hope this series is enjoyable.

38