Chapter 0
218 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is a rewrite. I finally have time, so I want to write a better version of the story I want to portray. Although this fanfiction is about One Piece, the storylines will be very different because of the emergence of several original characters. I hope you will like this version better than the last one.

Also, sorry for staying silent for such a long time. I was busy, for real.

For the people on Scribblehub, I'm writing this novel on Webnovel under the username TOS. I also opened a Patreon page if you're interested. Anyway, thanks for reading this novel. I hope you enjoy it!

.

.

.

_____ Mc's POV _____

'How did I get here?' I thought, looking around the room I found myself in for unknown reasons. Random wild thoughts started appearing as I tried to assess the situation. However, I could not find any logical reason to explain my presence in this small, comfortable room.

'Did I get kidnapped after failing the mission and losing consciousness?' I thought as I remembered what had happened before I lost consciousness. However, not wanting to dwell on what had already happened, I shook my head and focused on the problem at hand. One thing was sure, though; I shouldn't be breathing.

"How is this possible? I clearly remember the whole area exploding due to that son of a b-" Not daring to finish those words, I got up from the bed I was sitting on and tried to calm myself down by walking for a while.

Inhaling a large chunk of air, I held it in for five seconds before exhaling it. As I repeated the process, my racing heart calmed, and I thought: 'Let's calm down first. I don't want to do dumb sh!t in an unknown environment.'

I looked around the room, and no memories of the said room came to me. So I decided to ignore it and think of a solution to the situation I got myself in.

'In a situation like this, panicking is the worst thing a person should do as he wouldn't be able to think coherently.' I thought, remembering unfortunate cases where great generals had their minds clouded due to rage and did some hard-to-understand actions. So, staying calm is a must-have skill for anybody who wants to have a career as an officer in the military.

Recollecting information about the life I have already lived, I decided to organize them to better deal with the problem at hand as I have no other information to go off of.

'My name is Daniel. I joined the army at age 19 after losing my parents during a terrorist attack. I was talented in using firearms and fighting in close-quarter combat, so I quickly climbed through the ranks by participating in minor skirmishes.

'Climbing through the ranks, at age 28, I reached the rank of Captain, commanding up to 150 soldiers. I discovered and trained a lot of loyal and talented subordinates. Alongside the numerous friends I made, I could be considered one of the most prominent and respected figures among the captains in the army. Having fought and won many battles, I also forged a talented leader and fighter reputation. However, I had to offend a lot of influential people to be able to climb the ranks that quickly.

'As I got stuck in the Captain rank for almost two years, somehow, another world war started involving nearly every country in that world. Contributing a lot to the countless wins we got in the various intense battles deciding the fate of our country, I rose the ranks again, stopping at the Brigadier General rank and serving under Major General Lewis. As a respected individual in the army, I was allowed to lead a brigade of more than 6000 soldiers into battle. More than a regular Brigadier general should be authorized to.

'Tasked with helping another Major General regain control of an allied country bordering us, I got ambushed by the enemy. Not expecting that to happen, we were swiftly dealt with as I got killed alongside the thousands of loyal subordinates accompanying me.'

I sat on the bed as I recalled my experience in the army. A lot of things happened, good or bad. However, they helped build the unyielding character I have.

'No matter how connected you are, no weak person can achieve the General rank.' I thought, grinning as I recalled the day I got promoted. 'That was the first and last time I had drunk alcohol. That sh!! was trash.'

Looking up again, I decided to search the room as I had calmed a lot compared to before.

(Image Here)

'It looks like a simple college dorm.' I mused, moving to the study table made of wood. Making sure there wasn't any immediate danger around the room, I sat on the chair and glanced at the book on the table. From its cover, I could see the name of the book. 'This is One Piece!' I read, surprised at the title of the book.

"One Piece? Don't tell me I reincarnated..." I spoke, my words trailing off as I couldn't believe something like that could happen. However, the image of a bomb detonating in front of me appeared in my mind, making that possibility even more possible.

As a person holding a high position of power prone to stress, hobbies that could relieve accumulated stress are a must-have. Most people in those positions take up sports like tennis, golf, or speed-walking as stress relievers. However, for a general who trains every day to make sure he stays sharp, those wouldn't decrease the stress I accumulate, especially during wars where anything could happen. That's how I picked up reading manga as a hobby.

I read of them, but I had a few ones I kept up with until the day I perished. One of them was One Piece!

I couldn't say I knew everything about One Piece. However, I have a solid understanding of the basic structure of that world. I never fantasized about living in that world, as it seemed too nonsensical for something like that to happen. I'm a person who dreams within the realm of reality, but it appears like I was wrong in my confinement of the concept of reality. Simply because I don't know something doesn't mean it's not real.

I opened the book with trembling hands, eager to know its content.

.

A couple of hours later

.

"I did reincarnate..." I said, closing the books as I had finished reading. It was nothing special. It's a piece written by the being who put me in this world. They didn't explain their reasons for doing that, nor did they explain how they did it. However, they gave me a backstory and the current date of the world, wishing me good luck.

"My name is Laurent Fall. I'm a 15-year-old boy who got his hometown razed by pirates five years ago. As the sole survivor of the massacre, I was adopted by an old Vice-Admiral named Barron Fall (His nickname is OG) and sent to a training camp in the grand line. The 1st of March 1505 should be my first night in the training camp as training starts tomorrow..." Looking out the window, I saw the sun rising as dawn approached.

"...And I spent the whole night reading an introductory book."

.

.

.

The training camp arc will be faster this time as I believe people want to get to the meat and potatoes. However, If you have any suggestions, give them in the comment section. Although I have been busy, I kept thinking about how to make a better story, so I have the outline of a long series surrounding the main character. However, good suggestions are welcomed.

Lastly, I will not promise you anything. However, I'll try my best to be consistent with the releases.

8