The Return
52 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luo Feng woke up with a yawn. 

‘hmmm’

‘I wonder what time is it?’

He looked into the watch. Its 6:25 pm right now. Still a full half-an-hour before the plane lands in Shanghai Pudong International Airport. 

He took some moments to look around and admire the beauty of first class. It doesn’t feel like a plane at all, more like a moving hotel.

Back then, he even wanted to become a pilot. What a joke! His legs will tremble when he looks down from his four-story high school building. If he decided to act on this wish, he will become the first heroic pilot trainee to die from heart attack!

Luo Feng smiled at himself and went to the first-class lavatory to freshen up. 

It’s been almost 11 hours since he boarded from London Heathrow Airport. 

This time he is returning to his homeland. Many memories began flooding back to him. But he felt no joy, no sadness, no pain, nothing... Only the eerie sense of reality. 

The uncertain future awaiting him in China… 

Was it a bad choice to come back? Heart pounding, Luo Feng again found himself asking this question for the nth time. A faint irritation began surfacing in his mind. 

What future. What regret. Wasn’t he, Luo Feng, waiting for this day? This very moment?

He knows himself, that despite being one of the most famous doctors in UK, his trip to China this time will not be an easy one. This path is destined to be full of suffering. 

Luo Feng ruthlessly suppressed his restless heart and looked out through the window. 

The setting sun had enshrouded the thick clouds in a warm orange haze. 

Unknowingly, an image of a handsome young man with sword like eyebrows, fierce phoenix eyes and peach-colored soft thin lips smiled at him. His legs were long and captivating, approximately as tall as him. He was not thin nor too fat. Everything was just right. He seemed to be riding in clouds barefoot, trying to keep pace with the gradually descending airplane. 

Luo Feng felt his eyes sting from keeping his eyes open for too long. He hurriedly retracted his sight and blinked hard. But the warm tears still fell, glistening in the orange light, shining in a violet hue. 

He dragged the curtain and closed the window, his mouth curving downwards, working hard to force back his tears. The air hostess came and handed over the milk tea he ordered before. He rubbed his face, pretending to be cold and wiped away his tears without a trace, smiling at her. 

Few minutes later, the pilot informed them that they are going to land soon and everyone became busy. Luo Feng too, packed his blanket and books and wore his seatbelt. 

He felt a gentle quake and boom, they are already on ground.

‘Ah it was a rather hard landing’, thought Luo Feng when he deboarded the plane. 

He walked through the airport and soon saw someone with his nameplate standing and waving at him. 

The man was in full black and looked like a bodyguard.

“Mr. Robert, welcome back to China.”

The man said and shook his hands.

“Thank you”

“My name is Zhang Sen. You can call me Fourth. I am instructed under you, sir”

“ha-ha that’s good. It’s been a while since I returned. So, I will rely on you for a while Mr. Fourth.

“Oh no! just fourth is fine sir. You are making me feel embarrassed.”

“Ha-ha. No worries, fourth then. “

Zhang Sen felt his worries were for nothing. This bigshot is really easy to get along with. Afterall, he is a famous doctor even recognized by higher echelons. He became even more enthusiastic as he began talking about the recent year changes in China.

“Sir, your villa is only 10 minutes away from the Walnut Special hospital. It is in one of the most popular real estate areas right now. Every piece of land is gold. My comrades were green with envy when they heard that I am going to live here with you. Haha”

Luo Feng is also a man of humor. The two, one boss and the other assistant, soon hit it off and became friendlier. 

“Well… in that case, I will drop there first. I want to take a look and see.”

“Sure sir, my pleasure.”

The car entered a big luxurious alley and soon enormous buildings are seen.

Luo Feng stood in front of the main entrance and looked up high. 

‘I hope I am not too late. God please, please give me a chance. For me…and for him.’ 

“Walnut Hospital, here I am…”

I, Luo Feng, is back. Not for you. But for my dear love… 

___________

To be continued....

   

3