6. Hell is others
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- I like you! Hahahahaha. And you're pretty darn good!!!
- What? What is that voice?
- I like the way you've done all this cleverly. You're a cynic and a villain to the core! I'm sure that together we can shake up these stagnant and boring worlds.
- I am not a villain!!!
- You betcha. Look at what you did and how you did it. Remember how, ever since you were a baby, you cried when your parents put you down. You've known how to manipulate those fools since you were in diapers.
- I was just a kid and didn't understand anything at all.
- No! You were chosen, for this. You deceived, built your image, manipulated, and pressed your weak points. You are the most perfect villain. You have enough power and skill to subdue all those retarded creatures around you.

- I didn't do anything wrong. Never on purpose!
- What about that time with your classmate in kindergarten? When you humiliated him in front of the girl he liked and physically hurt him?
- He bullied me and my friends! Because he boxed, he was stronger and bullied the weaker ones all the time.
- Hahahaha no! If you wanted a normal life, you could have complained to your teacher or your parents. But you made up your mind, and oh, how beautifully you did it! Don't you remember the look in your eyes and how you felt then? Remember that sweet and intoxicating taste of revenge!
- None of this is true!
- Okay, okay. And that story in sixth grade when you ruined your friend's relationship?

- Relationship? Don't be ridiculous! That was 6th grade, how old are kids usually then? Twelve? And it wasn't like that at all.
- Here is the true you beginning to wake up little by little! By devaluing teenage love, by devaluing the pain of others - that's your power! You must show everyone how rotten and cruel this world is, and that only strength, your strength, can point the right way for these scum.

- You are interpreting everything from an angle that is convenient for you!
- Do you know how she cried then? After she broke up with him? Yes, she was 12 years old, but she had time to plan her whole life with him. She put pictures of him on her walls and she was happy! Really happy until you got involved. But I'm not judging you, don't you think, she deserved it. She's trash if she couldn't understand that she'd be better off with you.
- STOP!
- She should have just picked you over him! Yes you are not that good at sports, but your kindness, your sensuality and love, hahahahahah - which you fake so well when you feel like it. YOU ARE TRULY BEAUTIFUL AND MY BEST WORK!
- STOP!
- You know, things didn't go as planned the first time. Everything was perfect-your skills, your skeptical and cold mind. A little kindness and empathy to make your actions strike even more precisely and painfully. But while your evil and true nature matured, you lacked power. A terrible and terrible power with which you could subjugate all living things. And make our dream come true, or rather our dream to change the world. But but but now I've fixed it. I rearranged the pieces a little bit, and there you are. Perfect, cold, calculating, angry and desperate, so also with a force that will eventually bring everyone to their knees. In this world, no!!! Everyone in this dexagon yes and everyone else.
- What are you talking about!? I don't understand anything at all?!
- Soon, very soon, you will understand. The day will come and finally, after all this time, after all this pain and suffering, you will let the true you go. Hahahaha

My head hurt like hell, as did my leg wound, as did my whole body, but especially my left arm. What kind of dream was this, anyway? I was in a completely dark room, except I couldn't see anything. Only a voice talking to me. I didn't understand anything.
What was he talking about? Was he talking about himself or was he talking about me? Am I evil? Am I evil?
I always thought I was kind, a lot of things pointed that out, only I never liked it, because all the main characters or the main losers are always kind. A lot of people say, "But he's kind," when there's nothing else nice to say about the person. I used to think so, except lately I've begun to understand the power of kindness and because of that I have hope for a new beginning for myself in that life.
Just by the example of the same Lord of the Rings, it's easy to understand the power of Sauron. He's big in epic armor, everyone is afraid of him, and all the great rings obey his ring. What's wrong with that, the first shots of the first part, he's throwing dozens of people in different directions with his mace. That's probably why I liked him as a kid. But then I realized that for me personally the strongest one in this story about the brotherhood of the ring is Sam, the little hobbit who's shy in front of the girl he likes. After all, he has enough strength to support his friend on such a difficult path, to keep his sanity, not to go along with the lure of the ring, and just to prepare every day for Mr. Frodo, who has his own struggles. When Frodo fell, Sam, who was in the same conditions as Frodo, always gave him a hand, only he found the strength not to fall, but to stay on his feet under the oppression of orcs, goblins, humans, Og, Gollum and the lure of the ring.
But most powerful is his acceptance of his role, his place as the little cog whose work has changed the fate of all Middle-earth, with its great warriors, kings and wizards. And that great quote that everyone knows and sometimes in moments of weakness dreams of such a Samé beside us, who will not carry our problems and bitterness, but he will be there and carry us, the first push and tug that will give us strength. After all, if an eye steals and brazenly takes away your taste for strawberries, you have to get rid of it. You have to go and not care that you are just a little hobbit who only dreamed of a mundane paradise in his native Shire.
It's hard to realize that kind of power when you're small, and it's very sad.
 
But how could he-this voice-have said such things about me? Was it my fears or my conscience that spoke to me? Yes, I had made mistakes, many mistakes, sometimes unacceptably many, but all of that had long ago been sublimated by me, so why go back to it? Yes, I was a coward in places, lying or avoiding responsibility. I let my life down because of vanity, but I never wanted to hurt anyone.
- Or is it not?
- That's enough. What's the point of thinking about a strange nightmare dream? It's just my mind talking to me.
- Your mind definitely knows more about you than you do!
I was so immersed in thinking that I involuntarily began to have a dialogue with myself. I used to do this often, except that I1 and I2 were always representatives of the same point of view, and this was the first time I decided to change my mind to understand how silly the voice from the dream was arguing.
- My consciousness is me! It just has more memories, that's all.
- Exactly! Well done! You only remember details, and neurobiologists proved a long time ago that you can fake memories. And the subconscious mind sees the whole picture, so it knows your motives better.
- Yes, I, like all children, used to be naughty, I was rude to my parents and did petty nasty things, but I never did anything bad on purpose.
- So why do you find and remember the weak points of everyone you talk to?
- It happens by itself, I have no control over it, and besides, I've never used them on purpose to hurt!
- Even with Diana?
- I don't want to talk about it! SHE DESERVED IT.

- What did she deserve?
I didn't notice when my cage was up again, and by the looks of it, Millicent and the guards had been watching my dialogue for some time.

- Nothing! It's not good to eavesdrop, either.
- Well, if those were your thoughts, I wouldn't have been able to, except you were screaming like that. I was beginning to think you were dying in terrible convulsions, and all the people you'd taken the lives of had come to you.
I deduced from the look on her face that she was trying to make a joke like that, but even though it wasn't the best joke I had ever made, I decided to keep up the good mood of the conversation.

- It's nothing like that, it's just me and my partner in hiding were discussing a plan to destroy your city and brutally genocide all the elves.
- This is already interesting and how would you execute me?
Maybe I'm delusional because I've been in this cage long enough, but was that flirting now?

- You, Mistress Millicenta, I have ordered to be taken to my chambers and would be forced to spend hours without sleep or food reading textbooks and manuals on good jokes.
- Is that what you're telling me? Have you seen your dead face? Mister, in front of me two nasty gnomes raped a hedgehog and that hedgehog is me.
- Wow!!!! Forest Elves know how to do black humor?! If you say the hedgehog was a metaphor for my needles that would be top notch.
- You know, you are the first person in the last 20 years who has understood and appreciated my humor. I don't know if that's good or bad. Because I was planning on letting you out.
- Yay! Let it out, and when I get out I'll finally get it out, about how awful and bad your first joke was.
- Execute him!

- So that's the reason there are no fans of your humor here!

- Hahahahah let him out, we have a lot to discuss and you have a lot to tell us. The elders let you out, you have a meeting with them tomorrow.
-Wow, so maybe I got a royal suite with a Jacuzzi and a panoramic view of the entire city?
- Jacuzzi, what is that?
- Um, well, that's if you were taking a bath, and I was underwater doing my best gurgling to make you feel better.
- OOO I want to try, except it will be your last bath.
- Then everyone will bullet themselves.
- Ehhh and so wanted to try, I'll ask someone else. And you're going to sleep at my place tonight. That'll give you time to tell me all the details about your other world and your conversation with God. After all, I vouched for you.

How does she know about talking to God?!?!?!?

- And that's the thought I heard. Don't worry, I can read minds, but not all of them, and besides, when I concentrate on it I waste a lot of energy, and my head begins to hurt. I don't know why you would keep this to yourself, but thanks to my ability, I'm almost a hundred percent sure you're not the enemy.
- I understand that we were in enemy status at the time, but it would have been nice to be warned about something like this. What else have you heard?
- Nothing else interesting, something about being sick of everything, talking in your sleep with God, and that's about it. Oh no! Also that I'm the most beautiful woman in the world! You know, it's very nice to hear that from a man who comes from another world.
- I didn't say that!!!
- Come on, don't be embarrassed, if he behaves well, I'll let him stay a servant in my house. You will listen to my jokes and praise them all the time, and do all sorts of dirty work.
- I guess that's why I was called into this world! Because your soap itself couldn't handle your underpants.
-  Well, let's see how well you can handle them.
I don't get it!? Is it just me or is she really flirting with me? It's not that it's impossible, it's just very strange. She's probably too good for me, although I have no problem with that. It was with Diana that I trembled at the very beginning at every glance, afraid of losing everything and becoming one for her... Oh, shit, I remembered her again.

- You need to clean yourself up! Let's go.
- Freedom. Hopefully for a long time.
- It all depends on the meeting tomorrow, but that's okay, I'll help you get ready. Besides, if you relax and act like you're acting with me now, I think it'll go great.
- Well, if I want to, I'm charming.
- It's a pity this charm can't have the wrinkles on his forehead and under his eyes smoothed out, he would have been a model at all.
- You know the word model, but you've never heard of a hot tub?

- Maybe she heard and just gave you a chance to come on to me? Mmm, I hadn't thought of that, Bogdan.
I was struck by lightning, so unaccustomed to hearing my name, and from the lips of such a beautiful elf.

- First of all, you can call me by my first name instead of "elf," and I told you! You said again that I was the prettiest.
- Stop reading my mind! And I just said you were beautiful. And how can I hit on you if you lock me in a cage so you know all my words ahead of time

- I purposely, I don't listen to everything and I don't always, I told you it's kind of a passive ability. Okay. Come on, I'll walk you home, because I have to go.
- Do you have something to do at this late hour?
- We don't know each other that well yet, but you're already worried about me? That's very sweet, but I think you know that girls get annoyed by overprotection, we feel like they're trying to control us.
She is so easy, calm and pleasant to be with. Just like with Diana, but completely different, I don't understand anything!

- By the way, among other things, I want to hear the story about Diana. Her name comes out of your head too often.
- ....!
- Shut up! Let's go quickly. Since you're worried, I have to escort an important guest to the exit of the forest, nothing dangerous.

It wasn't that far to Millicent's house. We went up a level and walked two blocks, if you could call them that.
Millicenta promised me that after the meeting she would give me a tour and tell me how it all worked. In the meantime, I was able to look around in silence. All I understood was that the huge platforms that were in the tops of the trees and were united into one system by suspended bridges were responsible for either the social status of the inhabitants or the economic affiliation, although I was wrong about the first, as I found out later.
The houses were very much like ours, except that the doors had no sharp corners, almost like in cartoons, and there were no doors inside at all.

Millicent left me alone and left. She said she would have to wait a few hours, so I had time for a bath and dinner. There were only three rooms in her house: a spacious living room with big windows, a bedroom, and a study, which was closed-it was the only one with a door. From the bedroom you could go to the bathroom and from the living room to the kitchen. A sort of big, furnished hotel room.
After I took a bath, I decided, as a guest, to check on the food. I always wondered what elves ate, because they couldn't eat lembus alone. But it definitely had to be something special.
What was my disappointment when I found the usual cheese, chicken eggs, lots of fruit, vegetables and that was it.
Not that it's too easy, but somehow it's not magical and exciting. Huh what an interesting life after all. A couple of hours ago, I was at l from boredom and raving, frightened of my dreams, thinking about myself and life, and now I'm like a little kid doing a revision in the kitchen looking for something tasty.
Right, in the midst of all this, I completely forgot about my dream, which frightened me so much today.
But I knew from experience that if I got too caught up in something I could lose my footing, so I just had to let the situation go, and then come back to it with renewed vigor. By the way, with all this nice routine and pleasant thoughts, I didn't notice that it was getting dark outside the window; I guess Millicent should be back soon. But hour after hour passed, though I did not know how much time passed, for there was no clock here, but she was still gone. She wasn't, and she wasn't.
I even started to fall asleep a little bit at a time, and that's with the fact that I haven't slept that long.
Did something happen?

- Oh you were worried? How cool and sweet.
- Are you back already? I didn't even hear you come in. Hey, what's wrong with you?
- Everything with me is fine, just a little cut, it turned out that our secret guest was waiting, to put it mildly, his ill-wishers, so the battle began. We won, of course.
- Have you seen yourself in the mirror? Your breathing is labored and your face looks like you have a fever. There's something wrong with you! You have a doctor here.
- Yes I thought morning......
Bach.
The body of that beautiful pixie fell to the floor. Her sparkling eyes closed; would they be able to look deep inside me again like before? The beautiful plump lips parted halfway through the word.

- Hey, what's wrong with you!
I shouted out.
- Are you kidding me? Hey
There was no response. A moment later, I was above her, trying to catch her pulse. Please God, or whoever you are. Anybody, Allah, Buddha, SpongeBob--whoever you are, please don't let her die......

1