Chapter 16.5 (The Stories)
427 8 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emilia's room…
Ten minutes after the duel…
Emilia and the maids…

Finally, we were back. As soon as I walked into the living room, I immediately put Miki on one side, as the owner of the softest thighs. Putting my head on her legs, I lay down on the couch and wrapped myself in the fur of the cutest, fluffiest, most beautiful monster I'd ever seen. But these monsters are brutal, and they eat their victims alive, trying to inflict as much pain as possible.

I just lay like that, staring at the ceiling and thinking about nothing for about half an hour, and only when I turned over on my side (to lie down more comfortably) I noticed that the other three maids were standing there not knowing what to do.

— You can sit wherever you like. — I said in an emotionless voice. — I won't be out of this state for hours.

They nodded cautiously and sat down on the couch across from mine.

Where are you from? — I asked without a single emotion in my eyes or voice, not asking anyone in particular.

After a bit of silence, the elf took the first word.

— I was born and grew up in a village of elves, near the capital. We didn't even have a name. — she said with warmth in her voice. — I learned life magic from our elder until I came of age, and when the seal almost stopped developing I went looking for a job that I would enjoy. I have an ordinary family, my father and mother are both elves, and when I checked on them 27 years ago I was the only child in the family. Though maybe soon they'll want another child and I just can't wait for that.

From the sound of her voice she smiled warmly, but I continued to stare at nothing and paid no attention to her face. After a brief whispering that I wasn't even trying to overhear, Momi spoke.

— Um, I was born in the southern continent, but I don't remember anything from there. My mom and I lived in a port city called "Open". My mom was human and didn't tell me who my father was, but because I'm a half-orc and also a futanari my second parent was a futanari orc. — Momi spoke quietly.

— I only have small fangs on my lower jaw and slightly pointed ears, so not many people notice that I'm half-orc. And not many people notice me anyway. — she said even more quietly. — When my mother died during the epidemic, I was left all alone and started stealing from merchants. I managed to survive a few winters because of my stealth, but I was caught trying to steal from a young mistress.

She sighed sadly, but continued talking.

— I was supposed to be executed, but the young mistress was surprised that I was able to approach her so quietly, and said that if I wanted to live, I should serve her as a maid. I agreed, and since that time I have been a maid in this family.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I noted that I would have to test a hunch, and I rolled back over onto my back. Gerda was the next to speak, and her story managed to arouse a little surprise in me.

— My family had served the bloodline of Heria a few generations. When the new emperor ordered it, all the slaves were freed. But we remained their servants. While we were mating, the last head of the bloodline died. I was banished. A year later, I became a servant of the Gralvins. And that was that. — the rabbit girl said quietly in her low, bass voice.

I even turned to look at her, and it wasn't just me. She's sad about being kicked out.

— You've already heard my story, but I can add that I was born and lived in a country mansion near the capital. And my family was ordinary too... — she was silent for a while. — I have nothing more to tell, except how many times Ururuk declared his love for me and asked me to become his first concubine. And he wouldn't take me as his wife because I wasn't an aristocrat. Hmph, pompous idiot. — She had a funny pout when she said that.

Hmm, looks like the backlash will be less this time. I started feeling the echoes of emotion about an hour earlier than usual. I can't wait for them to come back.

— What a bastard! I can see why you kept saying no to him. He's not worthy of you!!! - Momi suddenly cried out loudly.

— Oh, I... umm... sorry... - She herself was very embarrassed by her voice, and practically whispered the last word. That was nice.

After a few minutes of silence, Illya decided to ask me what had happened.

— Um, Mrs. Irbis, what was that music?

After a little thought, I decided to answer truthfully, but withholding some details.

— It was music, just ordinary music written by me. And I was taught to write music like that by one of the races I rescued. They were like elves, only a little bigger in all aspects. In the place where this race lived, this technique was called "Elven Music," although magic is not used here. — I said calmly.

— But if you are not asking about music in general, but about what happened now, then I explain it as a trance. Like in warriors, when the body is controlled by the subconscious, and the conscious mind follows the general strategy of the battle and gives orders to the subconscious. And so it is with me, when my subconscious mind just explodes with different thoughts, emotions and sensations, combining them into one melody, song or dance. — I continued. — However, as with warriors, this trance has negative side effects. The first effect is that I can't consciously induce this trance. The second effect is that it drains my emotions for a while.

After lying down for a few more minutes, I decided to speed up my recovery, and after warning the girls to wake me up around lunchtime, I used a sleeping spell on myself.

I don't have anything to say today. [(--)]... 

Except to apologize for delaying the chapter by an hour. __φ(..) 

And about the fact that this chapter is twice as short as usual... __φ(..;) 

I'm not feeling well today, so I overslept. ╮(︶︿︶)╭ 

Have a good day everyone, thanks for the likes, comments, additions to the library (500 readers on Sunday!!). Join Discord and Patreon, someday interesting content will start to appear there. (ง ื▿ ื)ว 

17