Chapter 20 (Berries?)
481 15 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

South…
Somewhere in a jail…
Slave and Mistress…

— Why don't you scream anymore!!! — yelled a fragile-looking girl with peach hair. — Your only job is to suffer!!! So suffer bitch!!! Howl! Scream!!! Cry!!! Beg for mercy you ugly bastard!!!! — With her face red with rage, she continued to scream, but no one could hear her from outside this room.

However, the half elf who was hanging on chains, naked and mutilated many times was not paying attention to anything, which made the young girl even more furious.

She took a strange tool that looked like a finger-thick spoke-shave with a small ball near the end, and then using rare light magic she glowed the tool red-hot and began to slowly shove it into the slave's cock carefully looking for any reaction on the victim's face. However, the half elf did not even blink despite the immense pain.

Disappointed with the results the girl, though it would be more appropriate to call her a monster, took other torture tools and similarly heated them to red-hot stick them to other sensitive parts of the body. Nipples, tongue, ears, anus, vagina, uterus, scrotum, and other parts of her body were now covered in glowing red metal, and the smell of burning flesh wafted throughout the room.

But none of this affected the expression on the slave's face or eyes. They were still emotionless blank, as if this body was no longer alive, but just an ordinary corpse. However, the healing spells that kept working proved that she was still alive and feeling everything.

— Ah that's how you wanted to play scum! hahahahHAHAHAHAhahaHAHAHAhahaHAHAHAhahaHAHAHhahaAHAhahaHAHAhahaHAHAhahaAHAH! — The 'Saint Girl' of the Zantir Kingdom laughed crazily. As she was about to continue her torture she was interrupted by a knock on the door.

— I apologize Princess for distracting you, but Albert Bloodhound has arrived. His Majesty the King said you should welcome him. — said the girl's personal maid.

— Grrr!!! Why did he have to come today! Looks like you're in luck "big sister", we're done playing for the day. But that's okay, I'll have a new toy next month, and I'll throw you in the slums. With rats as ugly as you. — She left all the "toys" in the half elf's body and left the cell. It was only after the door closed and the built-in enchantments were activated that the slave allowed herself to let out a suppressed groan.

Empire Brown…
The former experimental armored self-moving armored military wagon "Sweetie"…
Emilia…

All the time before arriving in the city I spent driving sometimes tasting the various drinks I had in my inventory, and continuing to put things in order there. Sometimes on the road I would come across merchants' wagons pulled by horses or lizards, as well as riders on the same lizards and horses.

In principle, the way passed quietly, although a few times I had to drive on the roadside to avoid running over some too timid animals.

By the way, the amortization here is just wonderful, no matter what bumps I drove over and no matter how many trees I knocked down, it was almost not felt. I even put a glass filled to the brim with wine on the stand and turned sharply to the right, and only a small ripple appeared on the wine.

Around lunchtime Illia brought me some food, and asked if I needed anything else. By now I can see the outline of the city and I'm slowing down a bit, because there is a small line of about twelve wagons and a few carriages in front of the gate.

— Get ready girls, we're coming up. In about half an hour we'll be at the gate. — I said, and a special enchantment transmitted my voice into Honey's parlor. — I think it would be best to check into the hotel first, and then you can go get your things.

Fifteen minutes later we were already in line to enter the city, and we were moving forward very slowly. In the time I've been sitting here, I've had a few looks at the walls, the wagons, and even the guards.

The wall seemed kind of flimsy (only 10 meters high), especially after the Great Wall I was visiting. Although I think almost all walls would look flimsy and unreliable after that wall. Even around the clan castle, the defensive wall was smaller, but the materials we used to build it were of much higher quality than the wall on the border of the Empire.

The wagons lining up were varied. There were ordinary wagons used to bring food from the villages and wagons used by merchants.

There were also a couple of carriages, one cheap looking and the other brightly decorated with different colors and gold ornaments. This pair of carriages was accompanied by knights on lizards with long spears. A typical nobleman with an escort, and most likely there are servants sitting in the cheap carriage.

Another funny wagon was a roadhouse. It was slightly larger in width than my Honey, and about 8 meters high. I've seen such a wagon for the first time to be honest, it's really a roadhouse, not a van equipped for housing. And this house was not allowed inside, because it did not fit in the gate height.

After the wagon was driven away from the gate, the inspection of wagons and carts continued, and soon enough it was our turn. I stopped in front of the gate, and a couple of guards walked to my door on the right.

When I got out Illia was already standing in the doorway talking to them.

— As I said, I can't let you in without the Mistress' permission. Get a senior and we will talk to him.

— We understand, Ms. Illya, and we've already sent for the man in charge, but our job is to check everyone in and out of the city. Yes, you know it well, because several times you left and entered the city without a pass. — An elderly guard calmly answered the relaxed elf. He was not very old, but his hair was beginning to gray and wrinkles were visible on his face.

— Still, I can't let you inside. It's for your own safety, Derrek.

— I understand that too, Ms. Illya, but I have to keep insisting, it's my job. Besides, as I recall, a wagon similar to this was transported three years ago by the I.S.S. (Imperial Security Service) with the Secret Chancellery for a testing mission. You know, when such agencies are involved, it's better to double-check everything ten times than to make a mistake. — The guard still spoke calmly.

The two of them continued to talk like that, and I went to the maids, who were sitting on the couch and munching on some crunchy stuff, watching the conversation with particular interest. Frankly, it looked like they were having fun munching popcorn.

— Who do you think will win this time? — Momiji asked Miki as she popped another handful of the stuff into her mouth.

— Hmm... It's hard to say. Sir Derrek was close to winning last time, so maybe this time he'll finally beat Illya. — With a serious expression on her face, Miki replied while doing the same.

The two were so engrossed in the conversation between the guard and the maid that they didn't notice me sitting next to them. The only one who noticed me was Gerda, and that was probably because of her good hearing.

After signaling to the rabbit not to reveal me, I reached out my hand to Miki's package, and without looking in my direction she moved closer, and after I took a bunch she returned the package back.

These fruits were oval with orange and blue stripes following each other. Taking one berry (that's a berry right?), I put it in my mouth and bit into it lightly, causing it to burst, filling my mouth with delicious bubbling juice. It was quite an interesting experience, and like the rest of the maids I began to eat the berries, chucking a bunch at once.

We watched them argue and eat for a couple minutes, but then came a couple more guards with a girl in a strict green suit and dark red hair in a high ponytail.

— Well that's it, Illia won this time and Derrek had his worst match today. — Miki summed it up.

— Ah, it's a shame, I was hoping they'd win at least this time! I also lost to you in the gold!! That makes it a triple shame! — Momi said turning to ours and froze when she saw me.

— Ahem. I didn't force you to argue, it was just the opposite. Just accept defeat and pay up. — Miki smiled slightly smugly as she looked at Momi, but when she saw that the girl was looking behind her back in panic, she turned around and saw me with a mouthful of those berries.

— M-Mistress!…

 

Oh! Hi, it`s me again. ԅ(//≖‿≖//ԅ)

How are you? I hope you haven't changed your mind about reading my novel. (//ω//)

This chapter may seem "empty" to you (at least it seems that way to me), but that's just the way it is. (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

As I've been rereading chapters throughout this week looking for descriptions of characters, monsters, etc., I've been thinking about the pace at which I should write the story. ●︿●

Sometimes things go too fast in the chapters, like the letters are rushing to get somewhere. And sometimes, on the contrary, everything is so long that it seems as if you're wading through kissel. (--_--)

Anyway, I thought about it, and realized that I don't need to try to "rush the plot" for the sake of some action. I originally wanted to write a story about quiet everyday life, sex, and an overly strong protagonist. Kind of like the novella "Kuma Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear". (´・ω・`)

So I'd like to ask you, as people who read my story (I'm still in shock that anyone is interested), what's the best way to go about it. Slowly develop the story, add empty conversations, reveal the characters and describe the world, OR, add as much action, speed, spectacle as possible and don't worry too much about the details. ♒((⇀‸↼))♒

Personally, I like all sorts of quiet stories and anime about everyday life and cute girls, but you can choose your own option in the poll below this "author notes" block. (*^▽^)/

Thank you all for reading, liking, commenting and adding to your lists! There are already 550 of us (as of this writing) and I'm happy to see every reader joining! Check out my Discord server, subscribe to Patreon (even if not for money) and have a good week everyone. °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

What kind of story do you want?
  • Slow and sweet Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Fast and (I can't think of a second word). Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I want them both Votes: 23 51.1%
Total voters: 45
16